Weapon Swap!!

W!ck3dW!ck3d Posts: 36Player
Can we please bring back that option? I don't know much about coding but i imagine it wouldn't be that hard??

Comments

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Just to clarify --
    Do you mean something during a live round or something at the loadout screen (like requesting that another player give the sniper slot to you)? I'm assuming you're looking for the latter?
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    yes been requested before and would be a valued new feature. Was hoping this would come with full release last time it was brought up but I forgot about it thank you for bring it back up.

And yes that is what he is referring to bcpull...basically right now if someone decides though don't want sniper there is no next person in line for it or ability to swap a player for it...in AA2 you could request a weapon swap with somebody and if the other person agreed that person would get that weapon. So lets say I have sniper and I am doing bad with it and no longer want it if somebody is asking me to swap weapons I will gladly swap with them instead of leaving it open and nobody knowing its open till weapon select menu.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• intoXicatedintoXicated Posts: 12Player
    So lets say I have sniper and I am doing bad with it and no longer want it if somebody is asking me to swap weapons I will gladly swap with them instead of leaving it open and nobody knowing its open till weapon select menu.

In this case the easiest way is to say on voice chat "sniper will be free"
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    Pitpav wrote: »
    In this case the easiest way is to say on voice chat "sniper will be free"

Hahaha, then random guy will pick it up and just waste it. Seriously?
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    I remember i asked about this in the very first thread that mentioned role selection. It was an interview by Daley i think.

Guess i should have repeated it 50 times like usual. :p
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Wouldn't we need some sort of Squad loadout? You'd need Squad leader, fireteam leaders, saw gunners, snipers fireteam members. That's really all this game supports. Well you could add a spot for 'breacher' or whatever you want (aka shotgun). Maybe add some added perks to using certain slots? Who knows lol

Wouldn't we need some sort of Squad loadout? You'd need Squad leader, fireteam leaders, saw gunners, snipers fireteam members. That's really all this game supports. Well you could add a spot for 'breacher' or whatever you want (aka shotgun). Maybe add some added perks to using certain slots? Who knows lol
    There is only 3 roles that arnt unlimited...ar...dmr...m24...rest is unlimited.

How would it be setup though? Would need something like AA2 with the squad breakdown to request weapon swap.

What I'm saying is if that's going to happen you mind as well include these features also. That's what helped separate AA2 from the rest. One of the reasons anyways IMO

Depends on the devs but I would say in the weapon select menu you can click a players name in the top middle and ask for swap.

• W!ck3dW!ck3d Posts: 36Player
    edited June 2015
    The way it works now you have to un-select the weapon then pray that the person your swapping with gets it!
    Yeah, what I loved about AA2 is you never had to reload the map. That being said, you'd get to pick a weapon based on points & honor level correct? That was always a cool feature which gave way to more objective based matches as everyone wanted that top point count for next set to get the best/preferred weapon class.

right now its all about luck of mouse clicks. quite sad. there should be some system in place.

• intoXicatedintoXicated Posts: 12Player
    edited June 2015
    right now its all about luck of mouse clicks. quite sad. there should be some system in place.

I totally agree

Maybe when everybody choice weapon class (few want to snipe) the system pick the most appropriate player (honor level or something else).

I totally agree

Maybe when everybody choice weapon class (few want to snipe) the system pick the most appropriate player (honor level or something else).

I'd like to see a system in place where it goes strictly by who has been in the server the longest. So lets say I've been in server for 1hour and thats longer than anybody else on my team I should get first pick on the guns. Thats how it should work so like my post and lets get this done.!

• -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    edited June 2015

I totally agree

I'd like to see a system in place where it goes strictly by who has been in the server the longest. So lets say I've been in server for 1hour and thats longer than anybody else on my team I should get first pick on the guns. Thats how it should work so like my post and lets get this done.!
    Time sitting in spectate doesn't count; however switching to spectate for a bit doesn't reset your time in server.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......