Comp Mode (we need your input again)

Comments

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    So the only time dead vs alive communication gets really bad is when a server is running incapped body spectating on.. honestly it just gets annoying and gives you a headache.

in a 6v6 style pub, what use is the dead mans communication after he goes down? even now there is a small window where he can say position.. but after that we dont have body spectating so he sees only what other alive playeres see.. and I rather hear it from them than some dead guy.. who I also dont need talking my ear off when Im trying to listen, nor do I need a 10 honor telling me how to play lol

And playing pub, dont know about other clans but we dont use TS to ghost players.. we use it to shoot the crap! gaming is more fun when you play with friends... but there is nothing in pub that makes me want to ghost

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    edited June 2015
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Hey TheToots!

You should think about possibility to drop the nades/flashes/smokes and let it be picked by teammates during the match. The same as it used to be in AA2.

Rewarding a player/team for not utilizing his equipment before his death? Bad idea imo.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you got it in the wrong way, in aa2 wasn't like csgo, you couldn't pick the nade or whatever from dead ppl, but when you were still alive, you could drop your nade to some1 else
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited June 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »

Where's 12v12? Gone. Forever. At least it should be. There is no reason to have that many people running around a map... I think even 10v10 in CS:GO is too many.

Are you kidding me? 12v12 FLO maps are filled up solid, public and private servers. Then you are lucky to get 3 or 4 players to join you on an empty BDX server. Then add the EBR and M24 to BDX and you have a broken map.

The "vast" number of players on AA can care less about Pro competition. They are hard to schedule and not broadcast on ESPN. All the time I've been here I may have heard about only 3 ESL games taking place and don't know who won--not that I care. You hear more about the BS afterward.

I don't necessarily think that changing all maps/modes to a single 9v9 "one fits all version" would be a bad idea but you would be talking about redesigning several maps. In the least I was hoping for all "new" maps for the new release. There are new places yet to be conquered! Not reruns.
    googley avatar aapg

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    I thought that was the comp standard (the 5v5) 8v8 is just an often requested mode that we were looking at.

If you guys feel 6v6 is better for our comp mode, so be it. Just let me know either way.

5v5 is the standard and 8v8 would be lovely with the rules/settings.

`xinoN wrote: »
    Comp mode -- 5 vs 5
    Normal mode -- 12 vs 12 and 8 vs 8

I like this idea as well, but still prefer to try between 6v6-8v8 for public play on the competitive rules servers.

I would like to see voip work as follows... no global voip during gameplay! Def no voip communication between dead and alive.. jump on TS for that...
    Global can work for players in spectate to spectate or even spectator to dead player, not spectator to alive player... global works between dead to dead.

Exactly if dead players talk on VOIP alive players should not here them...im ok with chatting, but there should be a dead voip and a alive VOIP. Also I would like to request server side option to disable certain scopes especially with how many scopes you got coming into the game. Also the ability to disable certain weapons server side. Maybe this deserves a thread of its own. But with how OP the elcan scope is it should not be available for competition. With the M14 have 21 bullets it should not be available in competition. The shotgun as well should not be allowed in competition. We need the ability to enforce these rules by having server side settings for such things.

Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    And playing pub, dont know about other clans but we dont use TS to ghost player
    There's a difference between ghosting and calling out the player who shot you. It's hard to call out the player who shot you because:
    even now there is a small window where he can say position..
    =We need the ability to enforce these rules by having server side settings for such things.
    New server demorec should be able to let you review the game and each players weapon. Ladder ban for current season.

That would enforce it for me.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 680Player
    +1 for 8v8 normal on the FLO maps.

I think if you make "comp mode" capable of handling 6v6, and let the leagues decide 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6, it'd make everyone happy
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    Thought this topic is about comp mode settings,stick to cardboard maps,leave the FLO ideas in your head.More people,more fun.This is the problem with this forum,Devs listen to people who:
    a)don't play this game
    b)have not played it in months
    c)talk about maps and loadouts they haven't played in months.
    These ideas come from less than 1% of the people who play this game if they do at all but read this forum,while more than 99% suffer the consequences witch is a biased representation of the public opinion.
    i'm not against private server presets for these options but public server FLO settings you encourage.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Hey TheToots!

You should think about possibility to drop the nades/flashes/smokes and let it be picked by teammates during the match. The same as it used to be in AA2.

Rewarding a player/team for not utilizing his equipment before his death? Bad idea imo.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think you got it in the wrong way, in aa2 wasn't like csgo, you couldn't pick the nade or whatever from dead ppl, but when you were still alive, you could drop your nade to some1 else

My bad, for some reason I was thinking about AA3.
    Thought this topic is about comp mode settings,stick to cardboard maps,leave the FLO ideas in your head.More people,more fun.This is the problem with this forum,Devs listen to people who:
    a)don't play this game
    These ideas come from less than 1% of the people who play this game if they do at all but read this forum,while more than 99% suffer the consequences witch is a biased representation of the public opinion.
    i'm not against private server presets for these options but public server FLO settings you encourage.

Good thing I don't fall into any of those 3 categories.
    edited June 2015
    a)don't play this game

doogle plays this game maybe not as often as someone like you. But the correct question is why are you even posting in this topic? Are you going to play on these servers sir? It's quite sad you got 6 likes on this post 1 of them even being a developer and Doogle has a level 30 honor account with 1161H 3M played. Also he is requesting this 12v12 would still be on all FLO maps...8v8 on all maps...6v6 on bdx maps. Some people would prefer to play the FLO's in an 8v8 environment...Personally some maps I would love to play 8v8 as well for example inner hospital is really not fun 12v12 too many players...6v6 seems a little too small...8v8 sounds perfect.
    Maps 8v8 would work well with:
    1. Inner Hospital
    2. Downtown
    3. Watchdog
    4. Bridge
    5. ColdFront
    6. Slums
    7. Harbor Assault
    8. Outer Hospital
    9. Intercept
    10. RedLine
    11. Shadowstep
    12. SpringStreet/Breach/Seige Are maybes...I bet seige or breach would work well.
    13. FutureMaps
    14. UserMadeMaps

• TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    His point of the forums making up a very very small percentage of the community is right. It's easy to get tunnel vision if you use the forums as your only guide. It's just important to remember when we are looking at making new features.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The president is only 1 man and he makes the decisions for a nation!

Doba for forum press! ! LoLiLoL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Not our fault if only a "very very small percentage of the community" thinks it's worth the effort to read the forums and provide input to the Devs and anyone else who thinks their opinion has more weight than the next guy. It's not easy to get feedback from those who choose not to come here and post. I'm also not convinced the Devs are mindless robots Demon, so to think a lone ranger on the forums can influence the game and punish "99%" of the players that play the game is a bold statement. Surely they're thinking critically when soliciting feedback. I know my opinion does not represent what everyone thinks. But isn't that the point of feedback?

I did think it was funny though that you quote me, considering 8v8 was referenced over 10 times in this thread before I responded. The condescending tone of the post was unwarranted.
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    edited June 2015
    It's quite sad you got 6 likes on this post 1 of them even being a developer

He got 7 now, who are you? the 'like' police? :)

Game needs more players and bigger maps to accommodate them, 12v12 FLO are the most played! it would be crazy to go changing something that works for the players who do play. Game will end up with nobody left playing.

Leave the 8v8 for this comp thing.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    SoldierBob wrote: »

Game needs more players and bigger maps to accommodate them, 12v12 FLO are the most played! it would be crazy to go changing something that works for the players who do play. Game will end up with nobody left playing.

Yes. More players needed plus more maps plus more weapon options (sights). FLO is the way to go for fun non-comp gaming. Keep in mind that Hospital and Redline are certainly big enough as is. You would only need larger maps if you go single option M24 for everyone.

Experiment on the BDX maps all you like. You can make them as comp as you like but I don't think they will be any more populated then they are now.
    googley avatar aapg

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015

That some can get jealous of likes on a forum post,this is a new level of childish.cba quoting everyone with the 8v8 ideas so i grabbed your post Doogle even then it doesn't change anything i would have written.
    As i see people agree with it ,since it's the truth.
    As i wrote before,don't care if it's a setting or option for private servers but don't mess with official FLOs that keep this game alive.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player
    `xinoN wrote: »
    montana! wrote: »
    I really like the idea of an 8 v 8 option. I would be a lot more likely to join the FLO servers. I avoid 12 v 12 servers for the simple fact that 24 people, no matter the map size, gets to taking longer than my ADD brain can handle....(and of course its all about me..errrr...nvm). :blush:

true, id like to try 8v8 on both FLO and BDX maps.. might work! but 12v12 just gets boring for taking so long and very random which is also not fun

yes I also think 8v8 should be an option for all maps.. and these servers shouldn't auto-change to 12v12.
    It should be up to the player if he wants to play 8v8 or 12v12 or comp mode 5vs5. Back in the aa2 days we didn't have hard limits however things pretty much ended up being 8v8 (example river basin), 12v12 (example pipeline) and 4v4 (comp).

I also completely agree with this. I think the recent comp teams are too stuck in 5vs5 setting, and it makes sense for small maps like BDX but we should be able to do comp also on other maps if we chose to. There are very nice new maps and also user made old maps from AA2 and to have the option of 6vs6 or 8vs8 is very smart move.

This way you can also atract new players, who probably wont start playing bdx from get go to get in comp with maps they played already.

• K!Dz.applePIEK!Dz.applePIE Posts: 1,050Player

I think if you make "comp mode" capable of handling 6v6, and let the leagues decide 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6, it'd make everyone happy

+1

I also think on some maps from the current ESL Pool you can surely play 6vs6

And I am looking forward to FLO map tournaments with larger outdoor maps like slums, coldfront etc.

If you actually read his post he quoted doogle and then went on to say all that stuff about him...Doogle plays this game. But you on the other hand fall into deamons list's. Just because you don't like 8v8 doesn't mean other people wont like 8v8...you will still have your 12v12...Basically what your saying is if 8v8 came it will kill 12v12 and that would upset you and make you not want to play?

TheTots wrote: »
    His point of the forums making up a very very small percentage of the community is right. It's easy to get tunnel vision if you use the forums as your only guide. It's just important to remember when we are looking at making new features.

That may be your take from it but he is directly quoting a player "doogle" and put him into his 3 lists...Theres no tunnel vision about that. Yes he makes a good point if he was creating a topic or posting a reply somewhere where this fits but he didnt do that he quoted a player who plays the game and has an idea and hes simply stated untrue things about said player.