Full Game Release

2»

Comments

• SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    Perhaps you meant next spring :)
  • [1stCav].Liban[1stCav].Liban Posts: 7Player
    Dear Dev that is sad story i back to A'A 2.5 assist
  • =IK=Wonkss=IK=Wonkss Posts: 92Player
    the opt-in is still not good. bullet reg is low (real low) fps are way down, servers are filled with lag, game feels sluggish in general. imo it seems like they start out with a game feeling good and some tweaks needed and then the next one is a little worse and so on. they say we fixed this and then that's broken. opt-in 1 was fun opt-in 2 started feeling sluggish opt-in 3 was horribly sluggish. 24 man servers were just bad period..... 150 fps on 6v6 and 50 fps on 12v12

Said this before still remains true with 12v12. beginning of the round run to a wall or container and stand with face into it and as people die your fps starts going up..
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    speaking of spawn.... how awesome (sarcasm) is it that your cem/stamina is completely gone at the start of the round because: you spawn > choose loadout > then sprint to the barrier before the countdown clock ticks down... round starts before you have time to regain your stamina/cem... you're lucky to even make it to the barrier in time (full hospital anyone?)
    -
    you would think that you could code in a way to not lose any stamina before the round starts... you know... kinda like how you can't fire your weapon before the round starts...
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 421Player
    Next year would be "should" be ample time to get it right. I say you move out of beta into opt-in this year. Opt-in for a year, then full release and it better be flawless. :D
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    yeah. i hope an open beta patch comes this week to at least deliver us from the outdated version we've been playing for so long. i have my gripes with the opt in, but it has a lot of updates that we've been deprived of for far too long.... i do not care about losing the stats now, and then again later when the beta is over. that should not even be a concern for the dev team.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    edited June 2015
    Matt18B wrote: »
    Next year would be "should" be ample time to get it right. I say you move out of beta into opt-in this year. Opt-in for a year, then full release and it better be flawless. :D

Seriously, move into opt NOW. they refuse to release the opt-in because they are afraid to pi55 off guys about their stats being reset. Just shows the mentally of the dev's working on this.

That's..... not true at all. We refuse to release the opt in because it's unstable and raw. We are finishing it up because we don't want the main branch of our game to crash computers / servers / clients regularly.

What delta kilo said was one small reason we aren't running it. The release is coming plenty soon enough.

There's no need to worry. We have a firm final date internally and we will be discussing more about that very soon.
  • [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    edited June 2015
    Yeah... That's fun. Waiting some more time. I thouhgt that Spring 2015 was a firm date, but if you want to have some more time...
    Nothing is a firm date with the AA project. Has it ever been? Maybe the release of AA3 was firm. We saw how that turned out. These guys don't want canned the day of the release. It doesn't matter what we get. My opinion is that AAPG will not be a success at any level of its predecessors.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Now people finally understand why the 2.x devs never spoke about release dates. The closest was coming soon...
  • CoverluxCoverlux Posts: 23Player
    Maybe the release of AA3 was firm.
    It felt like that. I can't believe that any dev would be happy to release something in such a condition without calling it beta...

• (-n00b-)Gh0stU(-n00b-)Gh0stU Posts: 5Player
    Looking forward to the release. And who cares about the stats. This is just a game LOL!! But I personally appreciate the work you DEV's are putting into making this the best AA Game. Although I have to admit AA1 and AA2 was awfully fun to play. Mountain Pass and such . Thanks for the update.
    I don't want to always post doom and gloom. I appreciate the effort as well. I just don't think it's their best work. It could be time better well spent.
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    Matt18B wrote: »
    Then why make a post it will be released in the Spring?

That was when we thought it would be. Software development is a complicated mistress.

Does it work?
    Yes it's perfect.
    Okay, load it onto the private beta for them to test.
    I loaded it up. It's broken.
    What do you mean? You just said it works.
    Nope, back to work we go.

Sounds like just about every programming project I've ever worked on.