Where is everybody!!??

123578

Comments

  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    I dunno...here on the forums is where I always get the heads-up and link for the podcasts...
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I dunno...here on the forums is where I always get the heads-up and link for the podcasts...

    Actually everything comes out sooner on Facebook
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Getting it futured on IGN and other websites like that would be good. But this is something you don't want to do till full version is released.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.



  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    I hope on the new beta and nobody is on...??? WTF

    CSGO
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    The reload/running topic is silly. I run and reload IRL. What soldier under fire running to cover wouldn't reload on the way if he felt he needed to?! Why make a problem out of something that isn't a problem?

    I love being able to reload while I run. It makes the Hunt so much better. :D

    If they removed it I would be pretty annoyed...

    ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    The reload/running topic is silly. I run and reload IRL. What soldier under fire running to cover wouldn't reload on the way if he felt he needed to?! Why make a problem out of something that isn't a problem?

    I think they are referring to the fact that IRL you wouldn't be running at 100% while reloading, you'd be running at a slower rate, much faster than a walk, not full on sprint. Although i've no dog in this one.
    image
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited June 2015
    Referring to RL for this game is still lame and doesn't make any sense. This argument is always used by the same people whenever it fits, whenever it doesn't they leave it out. Just quit using it already, it's a game far from realism.
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    There has to be a line drawn somewhere between "realism", and "this is just a game". Otherwise we would all be flying around like Superman, spraying and praying from the skies above. In the end the decision of where that line is drawn, is up to the Devs/Higher ups.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Still, bringing up that realism argument every time doesn't provide anything to actually balance the game. I'm really tired of seeing that but at least it's a great indicator of who actually has an idea of balancing and who doesn't.
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    Personally I will be happy with a slower pace of the character.....

  • intoXicatedintoXicated Posts: 12Player
    edited June 2015
    I think they should extend reloading time while running. (it is the closest to realism)
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    The reload/running topic is silly. I run and reload IRL. What soldier under fire running to cover wouldn't reload on the way if he felt he needed to?! Why make a problem out of something that isn't a problem?

    say you were to keep it. the question is then why is it your reload speed identical regardless of stationary or running... or why is your run speed identical for no action vs plus an action? for comparison, that would be like having same accuracy for... firing standing upright strafing on the move with no ADS and no stamina... as for stationary prone or supported ADS with full stamina.


  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    If you're not letting real life inform the actions in America's Army, you're MAKING IT UP. Sounds pretty RANDOM...a thing many say they don't like in video games.

    CkKill accuses people like me of being hypocritical so let me say it clearly...realism should ALWAYS be used as the yard stick for this game, at least as a baseline, and if you have any evidence of where I've strayed from that, I'm interested in being educated so I can change my ways.

    Take the issue of M24 'balance.' I've said we should look at why an infantryman is not kitted out with an M24 for CQB in real life as a way to understand the problems in the game.

    If run speeds or reload speeds need to be looked at - fine, but I disagree with anyone who says you don't/can't reload on the run...

    :p
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited June 2015
    As mentioned realism isn't always the best way to go about in a game.. balance > realism.. I like the arguments given earlier as to why we shouldn't have sprinting and reloading and I think it would be a good change to the game.

    However I do think that sprinting with reloading solved a couple bugs . So it's this or more bugs?

    Also I don't think in game the soldier is all out sprinting so reloading would be possible on the run.. but again better gameplay would come from not having it
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    For me, the main and real issue is the arcadey type character movement.....

  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Quick free movements increase skill Gap, having my soldier respond to my quick thinking over my oponent needs to be rewarded.. you might not like a quick shuffle or a quick lean headshot as much as I hate seeing someone slow crawl around a corner.
    _____________________________
    #Support Comp Mode

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    If you're not letting real life inform the actions in America's Army, you're MAKING IT UP. Sounds pretty RANDOM...a thing many say they don't like in video games.

    CkKill accuses people like me of being hypocritical so let me say it clearly...realism should ALWAYS be used as the yard stick for this game, at least as a baseline, and if you have any evidence of where I've strayed from that, I'm interested in being educated so I can change my ways.

    Take the issue of M24 'balance.' I've said we should look at why an infantryman is not kitted out with an M24 for CQB in real life as a way to understand the problems in the game.

    If run speeds or reload speeds need to be looked at - fine, but I disagree with anyone who says you don't/can't reload on the run...

    Alright, grenades shouldn't be cookable because you know, reallife :open_mouth:
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,048Moderator
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Alright, grenades shouldn't be cookable because you know, reallife :open_mouth:
    They are, IRL, but its not something that is in the textbook ;)
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    frankof wrote: »
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Alright, grenades shouldn't be cookable because you know, reallife :open_mouth:
    They are, IRL, but its not something that is in the textbook ;)

    That's my point. If the argument isn't realism it's about what the Army actually does and what not. It's not like I'm disagreeing with every suggestion containing the realism argument but having that as an argument when it's really about game mechanics and balancing seems pretty cheap to me.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Well...'better' balance would come from everyone having the same gun. Do we want that?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
Sign In or Register to comment.