Might of found a good trick. (Nvidia Cards Only)

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Go into AAEngine.ini look for this line bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=True and change it to bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False after this go into your Nvidia Control Panel...Under the 3D settings tab click the tab Configure Surround, Physx for Physx Setting Processor choose "CPU"

Now obviously this is only for people with really good processors prolly overclocked intels. I have a i5 3570k OC 4.2ghz (for reference). This seemed to make my game smooth as butter and I had literally no hit reg issues for 2 matches...1st match i went 15-2 second match I went 24-2. Will test more when I have time...But I am looking for people to test this as well and see if they notice a difference. thanks.
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    discussed this in a topic not so long ago where i used my old 570 gtx to render only physx and used my 980 gtx for everything else.The idea looked good at first gained a couple of fps in game,gained 10-20 fps on benchmarks but every now and then a stutter of some sort appeared that i never saw before in game and thought about the problem beeing some kind of sync issue between the two cards.Truth be told AAPG does not have too much physx involved.

http://forum.americasarmy.com/discussion/427/dedicated-card-to-physx#latest
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,044Moderator
    Physx is a Nvidia physics engine, its optimized to run on CUDA, your CPU dont have any CUDA cores, its best ran on nvidia GPU.
    Or at least it runs faster on the GPU, the actual RL gaming experience might be different tho.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i'm more curious if the devs intend to use dx12 for this game. as i hear. that allows for all the cpu cores to be used as well as the full gpu... but idk anything about anything. that's just what the scientist was saying at E3.

i'm more curious if the devs intend to use dx12 for this game. as i hear. that allows for all the cpu cores to be used as well as the full gpu... but idk anything about anything. that's just what the scientist was saying at E3.
    Under UE3, the chances are, imho, none.
    I doubt that Epic will update the UE3 engine for DX12 with UE4 out.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    so you're saying let's scrap this game and make aa5. roger. let's get on that.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 455Player
    edited June 2015
    Yes please. :D

Google is a good company. You know why? They see a bad product in development and they drop it. Quite often I might say, even though I'm unhappy they dropped google reader.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -vR.cialone!--vR.cialone!- Posts: 121Player

Can we make a prequel?
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player

Can we make a prequel?
    You mean like AA WW2? :o :D M1 garand, Thompson, MG42... would totally play that lol.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Anyone try this out for me yet? I'm still getting really smooth gameplay and good hitreg

• LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    Anyone try this out for me yet? I'm still getting really smooth gameplay and good hitreg

I always had it set to GPU and never had any problem with it, since Physx is optimized to run on Nvidia GPUs and that the newer GPUs are more porwerful that the CPU I will stick with it.

However I would recommend your settings to anybody running and AMD(ATI) GPU.

It would be nice if they would support the latest DirectX version, but like the other version off directx I just wonder if Directx 12 will support older hardware or if you have to buy all new hardware to suport it.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 455Player
    LeMaestro wrote: »
    However I would recommend your settings to anybody running and AMD(ATI) GPU

Would this work with ATI?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    However I would recommend your settings to anybody running and AMD(ATI) GPU

Would this work with ATI?
    ATI=AMD since AMD bought ATI a while back.

And since Nvidia bought Physx, they made it to work only on Nvidia GPUs.
    This is why bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False is the way to go for any AMD/ATI GPU.
    I have been using that, on the GPU for the last 3 years

This is why bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=False is the way to go for any AMD/ATI GPU.
    You got it backwards, setting it to false enables hardware support, AMD cards is not capable of running it
    ss_4_frankof.png

You got it backwards, setting it to false enables hardware support, AMD cards is not capable of running it
    [/quote]

You are right, forgot to fix it. my bad
    bDisablePhysXHardwareSupport=True is realy the way to go for any AMD/ATI GPU
  • GoodvibeGoodvibe Posts: 94Player
    I have tried this and it indeed seems to work for a smoother gameplay. I don't see an improvement in fps, but it just seems to run better. Like you said it does take a bit of a beating on the cpu though, mine was running at 85celsius after a little while.
    Yes no FPS increase just smoother gameplay.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player

So smoother = your bullet before the enemies bullet?
    googley avatar aapg

IO_i_OI wrote: »

So smoother = your bullet before the enemies bullet?
    What? smoother in terms of how the game feels/plays according to your hardware and what you expect.