Where is everybody!!??

Comments

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Oh. I was under the impressive people had their own servers for it etc. :*
    It's still played using a community program called "25assist". Not alot of players though last time i checked.

Officially it's not supported anymore.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited June 2015
    -SD-DELTON wrote: »
    There are a lot of old aa2/3 players playing aapg more will come back once its out in full.

You will have very few who stick with AAPG. That is a certainty.

The best thing I've see happen to this game in the last few months is border-less windows that bypass the alt tab crashes. The opt ins have some good optimization, but they threw in a total curve-ball with the bad audio. Coming in with a history from AA2 to AA3 to AAPG, seeing the progression from game to game of the network, weapon mechanics and hit detection, these things have only deteriorated.

Erase the bugs from AA3 and fix some of those coming soons to now here, that game sells much easier than AAPG. Seeing the excitement build from games that are somewhat equivalent to AAPG, games like Insurgency, Squad, and the Arma series, it's clear to see a large market for more realistic games. AAPG is an arcade FPS mess.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I tried playing AA2 Assist .. just couldn't do it.

Why not? It still plays well

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    It might play well, but honestly I'm looking for more than just that in a video game, I mean it's a 2015

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    It might play well, but honestly I'm looking for more than just that in a video game, I mean it's a 2015

Well, one of the issues that I have with AA2 is the lack of players.....

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited June 2015
    I am myself an old school AA2 player and definitely agree with you all. We need to bring in the old players from AA2 in the fold. Especially now that we have servers with AA2 maps........

Devs stated AAPG is in line with AA2? I am sorry, but have the devs been smoking or what? AAPG has nothing at all to do with AA2. AAPG is more related to COD, CS, GRP and the likes than to AA2.....But this kinda provides an answer as to why the devs are moving the game way from what was successful. My guess is the devs have no idea what AA2 is/was like....And instead of trying to understand AA2, they are trying to make it into a new run and gun.....

Frankly, I don't think the Devs are looking to revive old players. If I was on the AA team then I would certainly be going for the young COD, BF, Wii, PS4, NS next-generation gamers. This game is a tool for the Army to reach young people who may have an interest in what the Army has to offer for them. You can call it a Recruitment Tool.

I think this game has something to offer to active, non-active, and retired Vets also, though I do not believe this was ever the main objective.

A successful AA game is where a new player tries out AA for a few weeks then they start to research the options the Army has then the new player decides to enroll in one of their programs.

I find it hard to believe some of you think that this game is just for entertainment.

So, where is everybody? The Army is hoping they signed up and they are now too busy to game.
    googley avatar aapg

• veek.borgveek.borg Posts: 36Player
    People like me dont wanna download another BETA and being they said game is coming out this spring, I am just waiting for a real version, hope its a lot better cause what ive been trying to play so far isent that good. It will however more then likly be late, just like in the old days, and then worse then the BETA, thats how it goes, starts out ok but then gets worst as they try to fix it. This will be the last chance I give them, I mean really, they been going down hill since the end of AA2. I bulit my PC for AA3 which was unplayable, now my PC is old and they still havent figured out how to make a good game. If they would of just hired a real company years ago to help bulid this game, we would have the game of our dreams and the Army could have made lots of money and still have their recruiting tool. Im waiting with my fingers crossed. :(
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    If I was on the AA team then I would certainly be going for the young COD, BF, Wii, PS4, NS next-generation gamers. This game is a tool for the Army to reach young people who may have an interest in what the Army has to offer for them. You can call it a Recruitment Tool.

I think this game has something to offer to active, non-active, and retired Vets also, though I do not believe this was ever the main objective.

A successful AA game is where a new player tries out AA for a few weeks then they start to research the options the Army has then the new player decides to enroll in one of their programs.

I find it hard to believe some of you think that this game is just for entertainment.

So, where is everybody? The Army is hoping they signed up and they are now too busy to game.

Dude, AA3 was a recruiting tool, based more on realism.. AAPG is not.. its been mentioned many times over!

You aint gonna win them COD,BF, console gamers over, they're looking for a totally different gaming experience than were offering or trying to offer, so dont even try! You might try to win the ones that are tired of that repetitive type of game play, but you cant compare with them bid titles! you will lose.

We need to be different like in the old days, and winning the old crowd over should be our first step.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Doba is right. AAPG is definitely not a "recruitment tool". AA2 and AA3 were because they were more realistic and not run and gun.....And Doba is also correct that we need to be different not just in the game itself, but in the way we play. More tactical, more team oriented, more objectives based than just run, gun and hope for the best.... And similar to Doba, I agree that we need to bring back the old AA crowd. The AA players that made AA successful in the first place.

• .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    I think I have more fun listening to dalton in game than I do actually playing.
  • =R*C=-snom-=R*C=-snom- Posts: 88Player
    IMO, the difficulty bar needs to be raised. The strategy needs to be returned. The maps need to get away from CQC and funnel maps and back to sandbox maps. Make it a game to master, not just join. Bring back having to use your brain to win. I think that creates longevity NOT run'n'gun and ease of play.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    i wonder: if this game's maps were much bigger and had doors and such, if then these hipfire cones wouldn't need to be so exaggerated.
    -
    you know, maybe hipfire wouldn't be such a big issue if the maps weren't so fricken small and everyone wasn't able to get from one side of the map to the other in under 12 seconds... going from room to room with no doors, seeing from one side of the map to the other with 5 scopes per team, if we weren't all sprinting around reloading sliding vaulting supported strafing zoom optic dancing.... in super close quarters...
    -
    maybe then some accurate close range hipfire wouldn't be such a big deal... you know, maybe the ADS (and crouch/prone/etc) should be for medium and longer range engagements, engagements that don't happen in this game because the maps are not that size. nope. we just get cod size maps with no doors and no good missions.. am i wrong? :(
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    You mean get old AA2 players back? Come on, most of the players that played that game probably don't play video games anymore or they play something else. Fps isn't that unique anymore as is was 10 years ago.

Disagree. There are many AA2 players still playing actively. We need to just find them and bring them back to the game. Maybe send private messages/emails on battletracker?
    Me and some of my buddies literally did everything we could for the last three years to make this game a success. If they can't make it good then its 100% managements / dev's / clients fault. They have been given everything on a silver platter. Its sad some of the things that we are still dealing with. Most of the changes brought to the game in recent months were highlighted in an extremely thorough plan documented almost three years ago to the month in closed beta forums before the game even existed. They have had every opportunity. Release... which is already late better be a knock out punch or its gunna be AA3 all over.

If they really screw this over, what I could see happening is the majority of us moving back to AA2 (http://aao25.com/)

The only way I would ever want to play AAO25 again would be if I used windows XP for my OS and still had a XFi sound card that works with windows XP. Also would need atleast 20-50x the players aa2.5 assist has now. lol. You all see AA2.5 as being good but it wasn't people really liked the older version people started leaving around 2.3x and up even when 2.0 came out people were disappointed with SF so they left. But from 2.3 on they started adding restrictions to jumping, you couldn't jump while reloading anymore, your gun would go down when you jumped down to something or took damage jumping down, and other stuff they literally killed the game. The reason AA2.5 has barely any players is because of this personally. If they're was a AA1.7 or AA1.9 I would play that in heartbeat...
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    i just have to point out that i don't know of any mainstream fps that allows reload while sprinting/sliding. baffles the mind how the devs have refused to test this publicly with it removed.
    -
    as far as i know, this sort of feature is only seen in single player and co-op rpg shooters as part of a talent tree system ability... it should never be considered something a game like cod/cs/bf/aa should have.
    What will removing the ability to sprint while reloading actually change though? It's really not that big of deal. It wouldn't slow people from getting away from firefights because you can just cancel the reload. If you were force to reload and couldn't cancel this would def change some stuff. But in this game doing this it is going to do nothing at all. It would maybe slow down somebody ramboing but really wouldn't effect it that much. I rambo all the time in 12 mans, and thats how I feel no sprint on reload would do nothing to me. Maybe you think its giving people the ability to get out of firefights quicker than they should when they start reloading but like I said you can just cancel the reload with any other action and get away just as fast. Also we have automatic reloading in this game if you run out of bullets it reload automatically right?

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    There not a darn thing wrong with the accuracy cone. If you want accuracy you could......you know.....aim?
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    what would it change? simple. 2 scenarios:
    -
    1. say i am watching left side. you are watching right side. i have one enemy on my end you have 3. the fact that i can engage my enemy with a magazine AND then also sprint/rotate to your side to help you out WHILE ALSO having a full magazine when i arrive... these maps are small enough as is. adding this feature just means teammates can rotate/pounce in in an instant and be ready for action, regardless of empty magazine. the empty magazine scenario never comes up. because magic. oh, and because auto-reload. yeah! brain substitute turned up to maximum.
    -
    without the ability to reload while sprinting, it would at the least delay that quick reaction force to assist those enemies you've spotted...
    -
    2. personally, even minus the teamwork scenario, if i run around and see several enemies... i shoot/kill one and i sprint after the other one. i magically have full ammo when i catch up to the 2nd enemy... completely unfair. we're talking about abusing the definition of sprint... i shouldn't be able to go from enemy to enemy sprinting between kills with no down time, and no chance for them to outrun me...
    -
    -
    -
    no respectable game aside from aapg has this feature, because it is silly.
    -
    technically, it should be easier to pull and throw a frag while sprinting, compared to reloading while sprinting. i'm not advocating that we add sprint + frag, because that would be just as silly as reload + sprint.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Sounds like you want movement penalties...? :)
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 455Player
    I'm not agreeing or disagreeing here, but perhaps a middle-ground solution that is somewhat realism-based (DONT CUT MY HEAD). 50% sprint speed when sprinting while reloading.
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I still have my xFi on deck just in case