Where is everybody!!??

Comments

• -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    Bye !.dgodfather.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    father is a long time AA player, instead of saying "bye" and having posts wondering what needs to be done to get new players...we should maybe figure out how to get our loyal player base back!!! Do that and new players will come by default

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    God willing /(forum moderators?), I'm not going anywhere. I'll be the thorn in the side until the game plays like something people want to play. I won't accept what isn't good.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    You mean get old AA2 players back? Come on, most of the players that played that game probably don't play video games anymore or they play something else. Fps isn't that unique anymore as is was 10 years ago.
    My original nick is -Ner0-
    It's now banned after the
    latest update.
  • Frig!d..Frig!d.. Posts: 41Player
    I left gaming again. I still check the forums occasionally though.

This is the 666th topic by the way.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    I like the game B) but I always have done from aa2 to aapg not so much AA3 even though I am still No 1 in the world on battletracker :# sorry had to add that :p All clans can help promote the game if they want, we at -SD- Have our website setup for aapg.
    http://www.souldefenders.net/
    So come on you admins help promote this game and dev's do the op-in for more than 3-4 days that will also help get new players to the game..
    If anyone has videos from op-in please leave link here so I can add them to my website.
    gKQ6BB2.png
    I can remember at the start of beta.. heck even in the closed comp group. There were tons of old AA players ready to rock if the game went in the right direction.

Don't be confused these old school AA players are around or near by and if the game were to make the changes many would return... probably more so then these "new" players were not seeing.

• iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    edited June 2015
    Me and some of my buddies literally did everything we could for the last three years to make this game a success. If they can't make it good then its 100% managements / dev's / clients fault. They have been given everything on a silver platter. Its sad some of the things that we are still dealing with. Most of the changes brought to the game in recent months were highlighted in an extremely thorough plan documented almost three years ago to the month in closed beta forums before the game even existed. They have had every opportunity. Release... which is already late better be a knock out punch or its gunna be AA3 all over.
    2016 Flank Gaming Network Season 1 Champion
    2016 FraggedNation Season 4 Champion
    2015 FraggedNation Season 2 Main Champion
    2015 ESL Test Cup Second place
    2014 FraggedNation UMM Tournament Champion
    2014 FraggedNation Old School map Tournament Champion
    2014 TWL Season 1 Second Place
    2013 TWL 7v7 Beta Tournament Champion
    2013 TWL 5v5 Beta Tournament Second Place
  • StackEmUp!StackEmUp! Posts: 145Player
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    I can remember at the start of beta.. heck even in the closed comp group. There were tons of old AA players ready to rock if the game went in the right direction.

Don't be confused these old school AA players are around or near by and if the game were to make the changes many would return... probably more so then these "new" players were not seeing.

You hit the nail on the head Doba!

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited June 2015
    Everyone is waiting for something worth while. I'm not seeing it with AAPG, ever. Nothing can be done to make AAPG the game that people come back to or even start. It's having a tough enough time of buying into this generation, let alone bring back an existing one. Maybe no one wants that. That's fine. Something has to be done to increase the community. AAPG is not that answer. The Devs have stated that AAPG is in line with AA2 in many aspects, but clearly they've done something (alot?) wrong.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    I am myself an old school AA2 player and definitely agree with you all. We need to bring in the old players from AA2 in the fold. Especially now that we have servers with AA2 maps........

Devs stated AAPG is in line with AA2? I am sorry, but have the devs been smoking or what? AAPG has nothing at all to do with AA2. AAPG is more related to COD, CS, GRP and the likes than to AA2.....But this kinda provides an answer as to why the devs are moving the game way from what was successful. My guess is the devs have no idea what AA2 is/was like....And instead of trying to understand AA2, they are trying to make it into a new run and gun.....

edited June 2015
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    You mean get old AA2 players back? Come on, most of the players that played that game probably don't play video games anymore or they play something else. Fps isn't that unique anymore as is was 10 years ago.

Disagree. There are many AA2 players still playing actively. We need to just find them and bring them back to the game. Maybe send private messages/emails on battletracker?
    Me and some of my buddies literally did everything we could for the last three years to make this game a success. If they can't make it good then its 100% managements / dev's / clients fault. They have been given everything on a silver platter. Its sad some of the things that we are still dealing with. Most of the changes brought to the game in recent months were highlighted in an extremely thorough plan documented almost three years ago to the month in closed beta forums before the game even existed. They have had every opportunity. Release... which is already late better be a knock out punch or its gunna be AA3 all over.

If they really screw this over, what I could see happening is the majority of us moving back to AA2 (http://aao25.com/)

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    i'd love it if aa2 had populated servers at any given moment...
    -
    if i must, i will go back to playing bf3 tdm. the same 3 maps until i get bored. bf3 has better infantry combat than cod and aapg. the one thing aapg has going for it is the game mode has no respawns like cs. but that really doesn't mean much if the mechanics, maps, weapons, audio, and opponents are all sub-par.
    -
    i'm not gonna play cs. i'd rather the next bf game try to truly deliver on some popular and competitive game modes for smaller numbers of players, but i won't hold my breath on that.

• Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I never played AA2. Is it really that good?

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    wrong tense, it really was that good, its really dated today, but the core/balance of the game is still good
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    i just have to point out that i don't know of any mainstream fps that allows reload while sprinting/sliding. baffles the mind how the devs have refused to test this publicly with it removed.
    -
    as far as i know, this sort of feature is only seen in single player and co-op rpg shooters as part of a talent tree system ability... it should never be considered something a game like cod/cs/bf/aa should have.

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited June 2015
    I personally would not like to go back to aa2 its old and outdated.
    I like AAPG for me its the best fps out there bf3/4 I played both and aapg is much better and the aa community is better, also i hate origin.
    There are a lot of old aa2/3 players playing aapg more will come back once its out in full.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    I agree -SD-DELTON. I have tried a large variety of FPS games, from Battlefield to Arma, and I like AA:PG the best. Especially for the community.
    frankof wrote: »
    wrong tense, it really was that good, its really dated today, but the core/balance of the game is still good

Oh. I was under the impressive people had their own servers for it etc. :*

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis

I agree -SD-DELTON. I have tried a large variety of FPS games, from Battlefield to Arma, and I like AA:PG the best. Especially for the community.
    frankof wrote: »

Oh. I was under the impressive people had their own servers for it etc. :*

Regardless of the outdated graphics and what not, It is really that good. And you are correct. AA2 allows for people to have their own servers just as it is possible for AAPG.

If AA2 had a bigger community, many of us would be there me thinks, whether the game is or not outdated.

I tried playing AA2 Assist .. just couldn't do it.