Opt-in Test #4 Feedback

Comments

• super6-1super6-1 Posts: 100Player
    Any chance we could get E weapons and the 1911 on the gun range too? Also, the feature to examine your weapon is pretty cool. Any chance it could last a little longer? The weapons look great. Small things, but with so few people playing there's not very many chances to really get into it.
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    The enemy weapons and 1911 are on the range.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    Can we can get this animation for pistol?

8246_0889.gif
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,612Beta Tester
    Could the 'examine weapon' thing be "Hold to Inspect" ?

New Achievement "I shot a lookieloo" :D
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • {Armada}mango!{Armada}mango! Posts: 24Player
    Hi,

I like to start with a suggestion.

Is it possible to have a real feedback forum topic, like "Opt-in Test #4 Feedback" on the root page of this forum ?

Because the wanted and very necessary feedback to Opt-in Test #4 is not gathered by anyone in a "organized" way ...or am I wrong ? I see, that players are posting here and there, to that specific issue or map, with unmatching thread titels.

Never the less, here's my feedback:

+ I love the skins and textures
    + the fullscreen borderless window is awesome, esp. for jumping back&forth e.g. to administrate TS
    + the new style hud text chat & elements are pretty cool
    + ambient sounds are nice and not so loud anymore
    + own footsteps on different materials are quit good (floor---)

- the whole games "sounds", as if you are sitting in a big bathtub, in a small bathroom
    - some of the sounds are cut off and have no resonation (mostly every gun fire sounds)
    - there are too dominant echos in small room (laundry in red line)
    - its nearly impossible to locate the direction of footsteps properly
    - same problem with gunfire from enemies or team, esp. between houses
    - the 5.1 surround is not properly supported

So, in my opinion the sound is the biggest issue at the moment.

-NeX

+ Weapon skins and details
    + fullscreen borderless, now i haven't Tearing issues
    + again 144 Hz support
    + new version of maps
    + direction of gunfire

- m4a1 sound, still like a cupfire gun
    - maps look to dark for my
    - direction of footsteps sometimes sound like a enemy run next to us, next time i hear enemy from 200km
    - I have a feeling about characters run slowly
    - missed shoots and bad hitboxes, When i shoot to enemy head nothing happens
    - m24 sniper rifle need be smoothed like at previus version in this version sniper is disappointment for me, but in normal version worked excellent
    - Some sounds are muffled as if they were
    - echo in the rooms is unbearable, like as I put my head in a bucket

The handling of m24 is complete toss, slows down the pace, punishing you for taking initiative, encouraging sitting in place waiting for kills of oppurtinity. It doesn't make any sense when the other features are actively encouraging you to do the exact opposite.

When the saw is a better alternative to sniping than the actual sniper you have gone and done a dumb dumb.

In the end I'd bet most people would be pleased if they just got the new weapons implemented and left the rest as is in open beta.

I like the new handling. It makes it actually harder to use, which is a good ting. The sniper is so overpowered in its current state.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Sniper atm is balanced by hit detection and bugs only.
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    Hi,

Is it possible to have a real feedback forum topic, like "Opt-in Test #4 Feedback" on the root page of this forum ?

Because the wanted and very necessary feedback to Opt-in Test #4 is not gathered by anyone in a "organized" way ...or am I wrong ? I see, that players are posting here and there, to that specific issue or map, with unmatching thread titels.

+ the fullscreen borderless window is awesome, esp. for jumping back&forth e.g. to administrate TS

- the whole games "sounds", as if you are sitting in a big bathtub, in a small bathroom
    - some of the sounds are cut off and have no resonation (mostly every gun fire sounds)

-NeX

+ again 144 Hz support
    + new version of maps
    + direction of gunfire

- direction of footsteps sometimes sound like a enemy run next to us, next time i hear enemy from 200km
    - m24 sniper rifle need be smoothed like at previus version in this version sniper is disappointment for me, but in normal version worked excellent

The handling of m24 is complete toss, slows down the pace, punishing you for taking initiative, encouraging sitting in place waiting for kills of oppurtinity. It doesn't make any sense when the other features are actively encouraging you to do the exact opposite.

When the saw is a better alternative to sniping than the actual sniper you have gone and done a dumb dumb.

In the end I'd bet most people would be pleased if they just got the new weapons implemented and left the rest as is in open beta.

I like the new handling. It makes it actually harder to use, which is a good ting. The sniper is so overpowered in its current state.

It's not making it harder to use, that's the thing. It's just limiting the pace the user can utilize it at. In the open beta, you can up to a corner, lean and shoot. Now in the opt-in you can still do that, but not without stand there at the corner waiting for 10 seconds because the act of standing up knocked the breath out of you.

If you want to balance the weapon because it's too strong, take a more sensible approach. I know one way that would make the people crying for realism soil themselves over.

But then again, I don't see pub scrubs picking it up and reaching MLG status so saying it's overpowered is an opinion contradicted by more than it's supported.
    They should start with adding actual sway to the sniper, holding breath is useless as it is right now in 90% of the cases.
  • {Armada}Loom{Armada}Loom Posts: 7Player
    What really grinds my gears tho... lean+shoot within 0,05seconds. Come on! Seriously? :D
    ... and then there's the crouch/stand/strafe Matrix parody going on. Am i alone on this?
  • {Armada}mango!{Armada}mango! Posts: 24Player
    Hi,

-NeX

+ again 144 Hz support
    + new version of maps
    + direction of gunfire

It's not making it harder to use, that's the thing. It's just limiting the pace the user can utilize it at. In the open beta, you can up to a corner, lean and shoot. Now in the opt-in you can still do that, but not without stand there at the corner waiting for 10 seconds because the act of standing up knocked the breath out of you.

If you want to balance the weapon because it's too strong, take a more sensible approach. I know one way that would make the people crying for realism soil themselves over.

But then again, I don't see pub scrubs picking it up and reaching MLG status so saying it's overpowered is an opinion contradicted by more than it's supported.

For me, the pace is exactly what's wrong with the weapon. I'm not asking for more realism per se, but the speed at which you can utilize it makes it to effective cqb. And to be honest, a lot of the times in pubbing, the person with the most kills uses the sniper rifle. I would suggest a lot more sway instead of the delay. A lot more, unless supported.
  • .SuN..SuN. Posts: 6Player
    I'm not having issues hearing steps or anything anymore, the mixing sounds a lot better. The weapon sounds, especially the M4, are just awful though. I'm curious if a dev can explain what they thought was wrong with the weapon fire sounds in the open beta that really required this kind of drastic change? It's really strange how the weapon fire mode selection button is way way way louder than a round being fired.
    What really grinds my gears tho... lean+shoot within 0,05seconds. Come on! Seriously? :D
    ... and then there's the crouch/stand/strafe Matrix parody going on. Am i alone on this?

The crouch spamming got removed in the opt-in, no? Indeed really annoying mechanic.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited June 2015

yes youre alone, a quick lean + shoot on head is a skill shot.. and please leave the movement alone its just fine.

This needs to stay..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited June 2015

That's flat out a movement issue, the speed that you lean back and forth at is silly but necessary either way. Can be done with all weapons as Doba gave an example of.

The shotgun was deemed to powerful at medium range, if the sniper is too powerful in close range doesn't it make sense to take the same approach? say within 10-15 meters the sniper deals 70% when placed in the upper torso. Realistcally that would be the case, shoot someone in the chest with a sniper at a close enough range and they won't drop dead in an instant. It will be a lethal shot without aid yes but the bullet has such a high velocity if it doesn't get to travel a bit before hitting the target, making it go clean through and not do the serious amount of internal injury the 7.62 would do otherwise.

I atleast think it's reasonable to not expect a sniper to always 1HK when too close. Gives some incentive to use that sidearm. I can honestly say that the current changes does absolutely nothing to crippling it in CQB but it does handicap it when used as a sniper is ment to be used. Once again, how can a weapon be overpowered if it doesn't allow bad players kill better players?

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    say within 10-15 meters the sniper deals 70% when placed in the upper torso.
    how can a weapon be overpowered if it doesn't allow bad players kill better players?
    1. i don't even...
    2. um, point blank shotgun 1 shot kill, or non-long range m14 1-2 shot kill, or m4 acog, or m249 elcan easy recoil, or 1 shot m24.... in small team competition takes the [TOS Violation]. sadly, the devs have only addressed one of these issues...

say within 10-15 meters the sniper deals 70% when placed in the upper torso.
    how can a weapon be overpowered if it doesn't allow bad players kill better players?
    1. i don't even...
    2. um, point blank shotgun 1 shot kill, or non-long range m14 1-2 shot kill, or m4 acog, or m249 elcan easy recoil, or 1 shot m24.... in small team competition takes the [TOS Violation]. sadly, the devs have only addressed one of these issues...

1. You dont even what? Know what overpowered means?
    2. Shotgun is OP because it's 1HK within 7 meters. m14 is strong, because of its #HTK needed? No, because of it's #HTK needed along with a 20+1 mag, making it great even in CQB as a semi auto shotgun. Yet it's untouched in the opt-in. m4 acog isn't even a thing since a long time ago. Speaking of m4 acog, c4 is also too strongk. hurr durr. m249 isn't strong because of elcan, it's the fact that you can kill the entire enemy team twice without even considering to reload along with its rate of fire. I wouldn't call that overpowered but forgiving. 1 shot m24 should kill you in one shot when its bolt cycle is 1.7 seconds. If you're only worried about weapon balance because you feel it affects the competetive scene, there's this easy solution of having tournament rules, what if everybody must play with the m4 or m16. It's that simple.
    3. I can't believe you listed the least used and most available weapon, shotgun as being OP. If it truly were OP people would be using it instead of any other weapons. With that said, these "OP" weapons doesn't give these bad players an edge, it actually cripples them in some way, depending on which "op" weapon they used.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited June 2015
    Shoothouses:
    • New voice talent for the weapon demos?
    • AAR screen has a few bugs: some numbers can be cut off, earned achievements don't display properly, and the earned medal animation ends in the highly reflective state instead of the "normal" state
    PSKSg8S.jpg

Mission select screen for offline mode:
    Scrolling too quickly can result in all of the mission thumbnails disappearing. I suspect the threshold for this bug is when scrolling quickly enough that a single list refresh corresponds to 5 new missions (ie, no overlap with the previous 5 displayed in the list). The missing images bug carries over when changing tabs.
    oeIuSF2.jpg
  • Root-AccessRoot-Access Posts: 510Player
    Agreed, sound is the only reason I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. I couldn't hear a thing and when I could it was hard to tell where it was coming from. I heard metal foot steps when the person was walking on wood, and there were a lot of sounds that made it sound like someone was approaching but in reality was just boards creaking, metal banging etc etc.

Everything else I thought was pretty awesome. I had a lot of fun with the Opt-in.

ss_4_Root-Access.png
    "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it." — Jefferson Davis
  • PredictionPrediction Posts: 134Player
    Not a fan of the sound at all. Not because of missing sounds more because of how the guns sound. I tried to get use to it but after playing the opt-in for a couple matches I just gave up and went back to beta. Please figure out how to make the guns sound the same way they do in Beta.
  • {Armada}Loom{Armada}Loom Posts: 7Player
    edited June 2015
    It's my humble opinion, but this kind of movement/sniping mechanics is strange.
    Not to cry too much, i know many like it ... just to illustrate my previous point with some footage.