Opt-in Test #4 Feedback

Hi,

I like to start with a suggestion.

Is it possible to have a real feedback forum topic, like "Opt-in Test #4 Feedback" on the root page of this forum ?

Because the wanted and very necessary feedback to Opt-in Test #4 is not gathered by anyone in a "organized" way ...or am I wrong ? I see, that players are posting here and there, to that specific issue or map, with unmatching thread titels.

Never the less, here's my feedback:

+ I love the skins and textures
+ the fullscreen borderless window is awesome, esp. for jumping back&forth e.g. to administrate TS
+ the new style hud text chat & elements are pretty cool
+ ambient sounds are nice and not so loud anymore
+ own footsteps on different materials are quit good (floor---)

- the whole games "sounds", as if you are sitting in a big bathtub, in a small bathroom
- some of the sounds are cut off and have no resonation (mostly every gun fire sounds)
- there are too dominant echos in small room (laundry in red line)
- its nearly impossible to locate the direction of footsteps properly
- same problem with gunfire from enemies or team, esp. between houses
- the 5.1 surround is not properly supported

So, in my opinion the sound is the biggest issue at the moment.

-NeX

Comments

• {Armada}Loom{Armada}Loom Posts: 7Player
    edited June 2015
    The following information is nothing new. However, perhaps repetition is the mother of all wisdom.
    Maternity test results pending. :/

I personally think the sound is a *little* bit better than Opt#3, but still definitely a deal breaker. By a long shot.
    "How do you like this release? It looks nice but the sound is horrible!" :this was the main answer in voice chat 95% of the time.
    Example: Crossfire. Enemy shooting in South stairs, I'm on middle bridge. It sounds like they're having an airsoft battle there. pew pew mf. :D
    I could almost imagine the plastic pellets hitting the plywood.
    Still the soundscape appears hollow, the reverberation feels unnatural and the gun sounds leave an impression like i'm shooting with a plastic prop.
    I'm also having difficulties locating enemy positions. Did not hear an enemy in Siege south alley running behind me until i got shot in the butt. I could also rush into places i would usually not, as i knew the sound was harder to pinpoint.

Mind you, other aspects of the game are relatively good.
    I have lower ms responce time now (from 11.11 to 8.6ms) Better fps (from 90 to 150)
    It looks good, feels nice, map design and new opportunities are cool.
    No more spamming the "spot enemy" button, cancelling the secure is good.
    New skins look fresh. New character models look badass.

You are spending time and effort on sound system? - Yes.
    Is it working? - Not really.
    Are you close to a good, working sound system? - It doesen't look like it.

There's a term called "sunk costs fallacy."
    Definition:
    "The idea that a company or organization is more likely to continue with a project if they have already invested a lot of money, time, or effort in it, even when continuing is not the best thing to do."

How deep do you want to go? You might need an awfully tall ladder.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    just uninstalled optin an hour ago.
    Agree with Nexus ,we played on the same server,everything looks nice visually but in game sound drives me crazy.
    Can't determin where i get shot from most of the time.
    Can't hear footsteps other than my own(even them badly on different surfaces).
    We made a little test with nade explosions,oh harbour we threw nades at the same time nord and south and could not hear enemy nades exploding at all.
    finally this video.

the closer you go to the point of the nade explosion the stronger the sound gets after the nade allready exploded.
    There is a problem the way sound is travelling.
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    I got choked 2 times in one session, because I can't hear footsteps behind me, sides and front are fine.. but not behind.
    edited June 2015
    SoldierBob wrote: »
    I got choked 2 times in one session, because I can't hear footsteps behind me, sides and front are fine.. but not behind.
    above/under or the same floor aswell

on redline control room you hear enemy walking next to you while they are in the storage under you if you can hear them at all.Rendering some game play right now,just to show what i mean.

• SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    I also think sound is almost totally cut off outside a building, if your inside, maybe thats intended? Seems like you can tell when you are entering or exiting certain parts of the maps as the sounds completely change, its very peculiar when comparing to the normal beta game.

Perhaps we will need to get used to it :(
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    So the reason I was happy about a new sound engine just got nullified again.. Still can't hear if an enemy is above or below? Meh, not sure if I even wanna try out the opt-in..
    edited June 2015
    hope these videos help in some way,my criticism is meant in a positive way.

dont't worry about the guy talking it's some sort of failed google translator.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    BUGGED (in Open portal) - After running on any map player is visually breathing heavily but you can't hear it.

BUG - On Alt-TAB out and into game, the loadout menu items are not visible until mouseover.

BUG - Some plywood floors have the proper wood sound and some have metal floor. (will need to audit locations.)

BUGGED (in Open portal) - No kill message when kill ends round
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Sitting on the game now.

Seems to have the same sounds issues as the last 3 opt in's. The game sounds are hollow, .2 seconds late, not working right with 5.1. Also the biggest issue is the game doesn't work well when their is multiple sounds at the same time. If you have one sound at a time the game sounds are actually okay, still hollow and directions problems but sound is ok.

Please fix the full auto sound. Shot these guns many times and it has never sounded like this. Its missing the Crack when shot.

Like the borderless window. Good Improvement. Will post more later after playing longer.
  • {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 207Player
    Hahaha this is Dalton in the video talking lol. What a King
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    the audio distance of footsteps and such seems to be nerfed compared to opt in 3. it seems more comparable to open beta, which isn't good. i'd rather be able to hear a bit farther and allow larger maps to be made without hurting the fast pace of the game. instead of smaller maps with short range audio and enemy landing on top of you without warning you of their presence..
    -
    also the gamma in opt in seems much darker default than open beta and not maxing it out in opt in causes some real visibility issues.
    -
    almost all the "settings" and voip bugs from previous opt in builds are still there. one new one is that the game won't save your decision to set it to frame rate smooth ON if you do so in offline (single player) mode.
    -
    i still think the m4 sounds bad. i like some of the other stuff. but some of it sounds wrong.
    -
    the sounds of gunfire and such still are being altered too heavily, based on distance and such, and indoor/outdoor. they end up sounding unrecognizable.
    -
    your own (client side) sounds are still way too high. my tactical footsteps are preventing me from listening to anything around me.
    -
    some ambient sounds are still way too high. such as the harbor assault map. maybe its not loud during the live round, but it is way too loud before and after each round when you aren't walking around the map.

• =101st=_Drewskie=101st=_Drewskie Posts: 3Player
    Unable to type in admin password as it contains characters used for other functions. eg. server password has a "t" in it and when I type it chat opens and admin password disappears.
    drew.gif
  • {Armada}mango!{Armada}mango! Posts: 24Player
    Having every video setting on 'low' or 'off' combined with a low brightness really makes the shooting ranges undoable. The game doesnt distinquish red from blue any more.

With all this being said, I really hope for some content of this version to be placed in the actual beta, or make this the main version. I'm seeing less and less playes. The game needs new content.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    in the opt in, the in-game server browser is also lacking core features, and some functions are not working as intended. for example: i can't get a list of player names and such for each server from the browser. also, when i change the filter for empty/full servers they don't filter correctly. obviously there's no friend filters and such.
    -
    similarly, the in-game gui/hud is still lacking in many things (that are displayed in the open beta build). such as: the loadout page has no real details on the equipment. also, i do not like that "tactical" text replacing the old silhouette. also, no CEM display.
    -
    i still hope you add the ability to browser the server browser while we are IN a live server. instead of having to disconnect to check the browser.
    -
    i still hope you add a bigger classic mini-map (or option to toggle it to make it bigger), and to put most of the hud there instead of 3d floating hud and useless tiny mini-map..
    -
    for those bleed out timers on screen, you still forgot to disable them when a player uses ADS. you need to do this so they do not obstruct your view when trying to play.
    -
    also, similar issue: i request that you make it so when you ADS, your teammates' friendly 3d nameplate font size shrink down to a smaller font size so they do not obstruct your view in the same fashion (if you really are intending to read the name then just point at then without ADS).

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    What if the player name tags show up larger only OFF ANGLE, and disappear when pointing at or near them so if you need to shoot past to take out an E then you won't be obstructed? Shouldn't be pointing at friendlies to read their names with a hot weapon!!! AND....you should have already ID'd a friendly nearby before he's in your sights!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Swap it for the open beta so we can stop playing a different game.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    who cares if only 30 people in total play the opt in as long as shhfiftyfive plays you will get the appropriate feedback !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • [1stCav].Liban[1stCav].Liban Posts: 7Player
    Hi,

Is it possible to have a real feedback forum topic, like "Opt-in Test #4 Feedback" on the root page of this forum ?

Because the wanted and very necessary feedback to Opt-in Test #4 is not gathered by anyone in a "organized" way ...or am I wrong ? I see, that players are posting here and there, to that specific issue or map, with unmatching thread titels.

+ the fullscreen borderless window is awesome, esp. for jumping back&forth e.g. to administrate TS

- the whole games "sounds", as if you are sitting in a big bathtub, in a small bathroom
    - some of the sounds are cut off and have no resonation (mostly every gun fire sounds)

-NeX

+ Weapon skins and details
    + fullscreen borderless, now i haven't Tearing issues
    + again 144 Hz support
    + new version of maps
    + direction of gunfire

- m4a1 sound, still like a cupfire gun
    - maps look to dark for my
    - direction of footsteps sometimes sound like a enemy run next to us, next time i hear enemy from 200km
    - I have a feeling about characters run slowly
    - missed shoots and bad hitboxes, When i shoot to enemy head nothing happens
    - m24 sniper rifle need be smoothed like at previus version in this version sniper is disappointment for me, but in normal version worked excellent
    - Some sounds are muffled as if they were
    - echo in the rooms is unbearable, like as I put my head in a bucket
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    edited June 2015
    Hi,

-NeX

+ Weapon skins and details
    + fullscreen borderless, now i haven't Tearing issues
    + again 144 Hz support
    + new version of maps
    + direction of gunfire

- m4a1 sound, still like a cupfire gun
    - maps look to dark for my
    - direction of footsteps sometimes sound like a enemy run next to us, next time i hear enemy from 200km
    - I have a feeling about characters run slowly
    - missed shoots and bad hitboxes, When i shoot to enemy head nothing happens
    - m24 sniper rifle need be smoothed like at previus version in this version sniper is disappointment for me, but in normal version worked excellent
    - Some sounds are muffled as if they were
    - echo in the rooms is unbearable, like as I put my head in a bucket

The handling of m24 is complete toss, slows down the pace, punishing you for taking initiative, encouraging sitting in place waiting for kills of oppurtinity. It doesn't make any sense when the other features are actively encouraging you to do the exact opposite.

When the saw is a better alternative to sniping than the actual sniper you have gone and done a dumb dumb.

In the end I'd bet most people would be pleased if they just got the new weapons implemented and left the rest as is in open beta.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    M4 sound is killing it for me I cant handle it.. the rest I can deal with, the enemy guns sound good.. but that M4 just nooooo

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw