Saw is OP and its been like that every Optin

12346»

Comments

• iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    just busting balls <3
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    Hence my confusion...instead of this "All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills to the head at any range." If you do this "All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills if the bullet hits the players head at any range." This is pretty obvious and known so thats why I got confused with your wording.

"All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills to the head at any range."

"All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills if the bullet hits the players head at any range."

what is confusing? you just added more/unnecessary words to the sentence...

iirc if one of the many pellets hits the head at any range it's a one hit kill.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    What if the bullet don't reg?.. then what

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,032Moderator
    edited June 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    What if the bullet don't reg?.. then what
    really?
    Is this some kind of Zen riddle?
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited June 2015
    Hence my confusion...instead of this "All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills to the head at any range." If you do this "All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills if the bullet hits the players head at any range." This is pretty obvious and known so thats why I got confused with your wording.

"All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills to the head at any range."

"All weapons (except shotgun) are one-hit kills if the bullet hits the players head at any range."

what is confusing? you just added more/unnecessary words to the sentence...

iirc if one of the many pellets hits the head at any range it's a one hit kill.

Not for the shotgun. Shotguns have a property set ('bHeadshotsAllowed = false') so that they don't get the 4x damage multiplier for pellets striking the head.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    with 7 bullets coming out of a once fired shotgun,headshots are not an issue
    ctt6Caxl.jpg
    http://imgur.com/ctt6Cax
    i'w seen people really good with it kind of snipe from mid-long distance successfully
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    The last part of word game was "at any range" that's why the shotgun falls off

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    edited June 2015
    No arguments from me on weapon efficacy, I'm just posting the facts on how they work :)

Beyond 16 meters, each of the 8 pellets would do 16 damage to the head or 10 to the upper torso / arms. It'd take 4 pellets hitting head and 4 hitting upper torso to get up to 100 damage.

I agree, you can definitely still deal damage at range, it would just take a couple shots to bring people down from full.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    there is a guy,some probably met him called RinTinDin ,on his main account he plays mostly only with shotgun ,i have seen the guy kill people from upper gallery inner hospital running with flag close to objective with shotgun - one shot.
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    I use shotgun and pistol mostly, bullet drop is mad with M9.

anyway the shotgun is completely crap when comparing to other guns. I like to use it for fun because it gets on peoples nerves when you kill them with it :)
    It really depends on player health though, right? A guy at 25 hp after a revive potentially only needs 2 pellets.

If somebody's regularly taking down full-HP players from long distances in a single shot, I'd be *extremely* suspicious. The weapon just doesn't have the stats for it.
  • SoldierBobSoldierBob Posts: 76Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    It really depends on player health though, right?

Definitely, I have shot people lots of times and they can esily still kill me, I find I have to get the jump on people with the shotgun, like really play smart and quiet and patiently, otherwise in a straight up firefight, 99 times out of 100 of times I die. The only time I think I kill people at range is if they were already low on health, I came to accept it :)

Somebody told me in the game once that I should use it aiming down the sight, as it would be better and make the pellets more direct, but I didn’t feel that when trying, I always feel it yields better results to use it from the hip for some strange reason, maybe because my aim sucks and need the extra luck :)
  • Yato^Yato^ Posts: 103Player
    edited June 2015
    I've survived what I suspect to be headshots from the m9, innerhospital atrium, shooting trough glass into my head in the choke. leaves me at something like 7% health with no bleeding. It's through an object but still in the head.

Edit: When thinking harder I've also survived what I suspect to be headshots on 3kings, standing top of zulu and being shot from the "smoke" container. Now, you can't shoot through those metal walls anymore with the m24 or m14 so you might want to take back the statement of m9 to the head always killing at all ranges unless you can think of a reason to survive with ~7% health from 1 shot with no bleeding.
    edited June 2015
    I've survived what I suspect to be headshots from the m9, innerhospital atrium, shooting trough glass into my head in the choke. leaves me at something like 7% health with no bleeding. It's through an object but still in the head.

Edit: When thinking harder I've also survived what I suspect to be headshots on 3kings, standing top of zulu and being shot from the "smoke" container. Now, you can't shoot through those metal walls anymore with the m24 or m14 so you might want to take back the statement of m9 to the head always killing at all ranges unless you can think of a reason to survive with ~7% health from 1 shot with no bleeding.

M9 Damage: 38
    FalloffMaxDamageScale: 0.61
    Headshot multiplier: 4.0

38*0.61*4 = 92.7 --> 92, so, yeah, I need to eat my words on that one :) I recall being told in the past that everything should be a OHK at range, but that's not the case for the M9 -- just tested it in-game to make sure and the player was left with 8 HP and no bleeding.

I'd be curious to hear if the design team considers this a bug. Some of the headshot edge cases (others possibly resulting from damage reduction through walls for example) result in one of the only ways to take damage without any bleeding.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,606Beta Tester
    BCPull needs to start charging consulting fees.....:)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    My invoices keep getting "lost in the mail", I swear I'm never gonna get paid ;)
  • Everyone talking about "realism" but not playing on hardcore servers... Dur Durrrr
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    you should take in to consideration wind speed,earth rotation and humidity aswell.

Wind direction, season, temperature, leading your enemy, and most importantly barometric pressure.

Y'all are taking about that game... Sniper (something).
    googley avatar aapg

M1911 would still be OHK at max range.

An M4 headshot through a wall at max range would only deal 94 damage and also lead to a no-bleeding case. (Assuming only 10% penetration cost)

Personally, as a balance thing, I think survivable headshots is fine. If it's a bug, increasing the multiplier would convert the close calls to kills without (I think) harming any of the other balance considerations. Alternatively, adding bleed to that damage zone would make it feel more intentional.