Opt-In Test 4 Starts Friday!

TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
Get ready for Opt-In 4!

We've got a good bit of bug fixes, sound fixes, and ALL MAPS INCLUDED!

Make sure to hop in this weekend and try out all the new audio and achievement changes.

Every week we are one week closer to release, and the more of you get in and help test these builds the faster we can get there!

http://news.americasarmy.com/opt-in-test-4/
The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,566Player
    Nice. I always play windowed. Will I be able to move the borderless window like I am now?
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    instead of hosting this for a weekend, will you please keep the opt-in available til the next update please, so we have a reason to log some hours between now and official release??
    -
    current open beta build is legacy build imo. since it is deprecated, why should we be playing it? not holding interest.

• =IK=.Scooby=IK=.Scooby Posts: 119Player
    Happy that it's all the maps this time around. Will definitely play more of this than the previous opt-ins.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    instead of hosting this for a weekend, will you please keep the opt-in available til the next update please, so we have a reason to log some hours between now and official release??
    -
    current open beta build is legacy build imo. since it is deprecated, why should we be playing it? not holding interest.

I highly agree with shhfiftyfive here there is no reason to go back to the old beta...We should just stay on optin 4 till full release. It will make things much much more smoother and give you a better overall final full version product. Maybe you could keep it how its optin and reg beta and just leave the optin unlocked forever till next one if it's popular enough this weekend your dev team will be able to find even more bugs/fixes...and we can have a successful full release!! It's up to you guys what you want to do but I would def think about this. We have one shot to attract new players we all see/have this goal and we want it to be successful. So please CONSIDER THIS!
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    Nice!
    Also why Friday instead of Thursday mee anxious!

• DeltaKiloDeltaKilo Posts: 146Developer
    We have thought about leaving it available and may do that in the future, but we don't want people getting attached to their stats b/c they will be zeroed at release. We needed the extra day before starting this one to get all the changes in!

You can't move the borderless window, it is full screen, but makes alt-tabbing much better.
  • .shffiftyfive- and colts.iog have a great point. There are a few things that will make more people come back.

1. New Update - There hasn't been a major update in a while and whenever there is an update made me want to play more... even if its just an introduction to an m16 and few bug fixes made game-play much different.
    2. Boring - Understandably when a game is in beta there aren't as many options or features available but it makes it funner when new stuff are being added on such as new maps weapons and so on... but since its not happening people like me get bored and frustrated.
    3. Players Leaving- there has been lots of players who don't play as often or stopped playing all together such as me. Since there is no updates and no new stuff it gets really boring after (correct me if I'm wrong) about 5 month of no major updates.
    4. More bug fixes- the more players play the more likely more bugs can be found and fixed. A beta is a test of a game which people should understand so why make a separate beta even though you don't focus on the main beta which most people play and still has some bugs... It would be better to switch to one beta and stick with it then have multiple areas.
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    edited June 2015
    DeltaKilo wrote: »
    the borderless window

I see TheTots did what I asked and bugged you guys until it was made. The fact that we have boarderless window to make alt-tabbing easier for the full release makes me so excited.
    Thanks Dev Team!
    -
    First pass at “look-at-my-weapon” animations implemented; press “L’ to try it out – this command may be rebound

Will this be similar to cs:go's inspect weapon where it shows off your camo?
    -
    Soldier names with non-allowed characters now have those characters stripped out when displayed within the game

I'm sure there's a list on non-allowed characters, can someone link me?
    -
    M1911 rate of fire increased; reload 0.2 seconds slower

In game it currently shows a lot of specs for the primary weapons, do you intend to make it visible for the pistols as well? It would be nice to see the maximum effective range, damage, reload and aim up times for these
    -
    Some weapon optics are locked until you earn them

Are the ones in the open beta the default three with more unlockable, or are some of these locked at the start as well?
    -

Vortex.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
    the other thing to is how many times after each optin have you seen people post on the forums asking about it after its over lol. Some people don't realize in time that its optin this weekend you gave 2 days notice and its only lasting 3 days. Hope we get a good turnout but if you host a party and invite guest 2 days before your gonna have people with some scheduling conflicts unable to play/show I know this is a bad example because you can't really announce the optin too soon but it would make more sense to run the optin's for longer than you are if not forever/replace current beta...Even a week or 2 would be a lot better. 3 days is also not enough time for most people to try out every map. Could be new bugs on each map. I hope I am not coming off as ranting but its a solid idea/statement.

• Bear_82Bear_82 Posts: 348Moderator
    . . .
    First pass at “look-at-my-weapon” animations implemented; press “L’ to try it out – this command may be rebound

. . .

not sure what cs:go does, but (nothing fancy, just quick ShadowPlay capture) -

The right of the people to keep and arm bears shall not be infringed.
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    Bear_82 wrote: »
    . . .

. . .

It's more or less the same. Question is: can you shoot while in the middle of the animation? :)

1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited June 2015
    SSKoVie wrote: »

It's more or less the same. Question is: can you shoot while in the middle of the animation? :)

If it is possible sooner or later some realism freak will complain about it. Calling it now..
  • HesedielHesediel Posts: 17Player
    has the new version solved the epu bug problem?
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,078Player
    edited June 2015
    SSKoVie wrote: »
    Bear_82 wrote: »
    . . .

. . .

Shouldn't be checking yourself out in the combat zone :smile:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Looks like a feature ready for custom made skins...and I don't mean the ones the Devs give us

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 319Beta Tester
    edited June 2015
    Next you'll be asking your team mates at spawn;
    Does this Gillie Suit make my pawns butt look big? ;)
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    DeltaKilo wrote: »
    We have thought about leaving it available and may do that in the future, but we don't want people getting attached to their stats b/c they will be zeroed at release.
    who cares about "losing" stats or exp? nobody should. this is clearly marked as a beta on steam. we're here to test a beta, that includes tweaks to stats, stat wipes.. "deal with it" is the appropriate response to people who would cry about beta stat wipes.

• {M.9}-Arko{M.9}-Arko Posts: 206Player
    Sounds very good, thanks.....in the last opt-ins i realised that I sometimes have the problem to realize if I have shot somebody or not. Especially on long distances or in case of bleed out of the enemy behind corner lets say. In the open Beta the points pop up, so i can see it and I am sure the enemy is down. Yes, I could take a look on the right upper corner but I have no time when I'm concentrated in a fight.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited June 2015
    How do I participate?
    Right-click on the “America’s Army: Proving Grounds Beta” game in your Steam Library
    Select “Properties”
    Select the “BETAS” tab
    Click the drop down where you select the beta you would like to opt into and select “test4 – Opt-in test #4″
    WARNING – this will download the opt-in test and replace the current version of the game you have! You can always select “NONE” and go back, but it will be a few GB download.

Can you be specific about how to save the current game to move to a temp folder and back again? What is a few GB? The opt-in or the reinstall of the current game?

I would like to participate but my C drive is less than 50GB free. The other 2 drives are even less space.
    googley avatar aapg