State Of The Game

13»

Comments

• SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    Is it just me or it's not really an issue in Europe?

Not an issue in europe, just a few players disliking and trashtalking each other but those are usually the people who like doing so and don't really take it seriously. Speaking for myself I'm fine with pretty much everyone we are playing currently and except for one person I'd consider everyone pretty nice and friendly.

From playing on EU and NA servers I'd generally say that there is less trashtalking on EU and I feel like it's just about the nature of NA players to trashtalk alot, however that's just how I experienced it.

Maybe it's also the fact that many EU, at least competition players have spoken a lot with each other and also played together by ringing etc? Because the NA players I do know, I also get along well with them when I see them.

I know I can get along with a lot of EU players because I actually played together with them, or spoken a lot with them about other stuff, also some players I know from AA2 are originating from the same community so we already know each other quite well.

And I do not think having a big mouth helps everybody. Even if we win a lot, doesn't mean anyone deserves to be thrashtalked. There is only one way to be good, and that's by trying and improving, and I respect everybody who plays and tries to improve. Some people might be bad now, but they could be a very tough opponent in the future.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Some people might be bad now, but they could be a very tough opponent in the future.

Which of the 3 active teams that are left are you talking about?

Jokes aside, pretty accurate post.
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Some people might be bad now, but they could be a very tough opponent in the future.

Which of the 3 active teams that are left are you talking about?

Jokes aside, pretty accurate post.

And forgot to add, even if they are not that good in this game, they might have some special other skills.
    Jabba is very good at flying:
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • iNv|mikEy2kiNv|mikEy2k Posts: 96Player
    State of game = RiP
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    State of game = RiP

+1 It's dead,at least atm...

AAPG is good!
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    We need better revised comp rules this is pathetic that I even have to bring this up and say why in the h are you allowed to have 2 saws on a 4 man or even 5 man team in ESL and Fraggednation?
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    M4/M16 (1 acog x team) - 5 x team
    M249 - 1 x team
    Shotgun - 1 x team
    M14/M24 - 1 x team
    Smoke/Fog - 2 x player

This is for the ESL eu side, but I don't run the NA side so you should talk with mulgarus and cialone about it.
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • omerta`easyomerta`easy Posts: 46Player
    edited June 2015
    We need better revised comp rules this is pathetic that I even have to bring this up and say why in the h are you allowed to have 2 saws on a 4 man or even 5 man team in ESL and Fraggednation?

The ESL NA test cup rules limited each team to 1 m249. You are complaining about rules without reading them.

Oh really well I was told by my team it was not all rule so I did not bother to check. Why was NX running 2 ars then if its against the rules hmmm.

edited June 2015
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    M4/M16 (1 acog x team) - 5 x team
    M249 - 1 x team
    Shotgun - 1 x team
    M14/M24 - 1 x team
    Smoke/Fog - 2 x player

This is for the ESL eu side, but I don't run the NA side so you should talk with mulgarus and cialone about it.

Should be no shotgun allowed, no m14 allowed and no elcan scope on the ar with the state of it's over poweredness vs other weapons in the game currently. We should start making rules that fit the current balance of the game, Not just rules that make sense or are just simple. Now yes there is no way to tell really if a person using the ar is using elcan but most matches are casted especially playoff matches where it matters the most are always casted therefore you would not be able to get away with using the elcan scope. So before someone even says that as a reason to not have such a rule boom.

• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    I don't like the idea of leagues imposing additional limits. If an item's really that overpowered, it should be on the Devs to bring in balance. It's not like any CS leagues said "Only one Tec-9 per team" or "AUG is OP right now, nobody use it". Let teams have the extra flexibility in strategies.

Does any team ever run an all-shotgun strat, for example? Some of this just seems like limits for the sake of limits.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 678Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    I don't like the idea of leagues imposing additional limits. If an item's really that overpowered, it should be on the Devs to bring in balance. It's not like any CS leagues said "Only one Tec-9 per team" or "AUG is OP right now, nobody use it". Let teams have the extra flexibility in strategies.

Does any team ever run an all-shotgun strat, for example? Some of this just seems like limits for the sake of limits.
    But for the sake of game play: leagues do not allow 4v4 on Bridge Night. Why? It's not in the best interest of the comp community. Same applies to weapon limitations in game. Leagues MUST impose additional limitations.
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    But for the sake of game play: leagues do not allow 4v4 on Bridge Night. Why? It's not in the best interest of the comp community.

How much of a prize pool would there need to be for people to play a 4v4 tournament of:
    Qualifying maps: Coldfront, FLO_RedLine, Slums, BDX_RedLine, Bridge
    Semi Final: FLO_Hospital
    Final: Bridge Night
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    But for the sake of game play: leagues do not allow 4v4 on Bridge Night. Why? It's not in the best interest of the comp community.

How much of a prize pool would there need to be for people to play a 4v4 tournament of:
    Qualifying maps: Coldfront, FLO_RedLine, Slums, BDX_RedLine, Bridge
    Semi Final: FLO_Hospital
    Final: Bridge Night

Give me a server in advance and I'll play it (K)

1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    i agree comp should have no shotgun, no m14, and no elcan.
    -
    we can't sit around and wait for devs to fix things like m14 having too big a magazine and too much suppression and no kick, making it an overly effective close range auto-shotgun... honestly these wouldn't be such a huge issue if the number of m14's on the fields weren't so high (read below).
    -
    we can't wait for the devs to remove (or further limit) the elcan because comp wants it removed... dev logic doesn't always make sense. they didn't want everyone to have acog m4's, and hopefully they don't want everyone to have m24... but still. limiting it to "only" 4 elcans per 24 man server (plus 4 m14's plus 2 m24's) is not good enough. .....as i said before, the elcan should be moved to the DMR slot, but so should the m24... let's make pubs only 2-4 zoom optics per server, instead of 10 zoom optics per server. PLEASE, for the love of god.
    -
    in aa2, TWL had separate ladders for zoom optics (SF loadouts)... as to not interrupt the classic ladders... but aapg has every single map plagued by having access to too many high zoom optics. every single map...
    -
    elcan is equivalent to (worse than) acog m4's. ideally, each team should only get 1 zoom optic per 7 players... 4v4 or 5v5 or 6v6 shouldn't even get sniper roles unless say the map start getting bigger. that's 2 per side, 4 total, on a 24 man server, choosing between m24, m14, m16 acog, or m249 elcan. if you wanted your 4v4 or 5v5 or 6v6 to have zoom optics, then you'd want to play the silly SF/casual ladder.
    -
    you can't really compare aapg sniper role to csgo. csgo has more difficult sniping. (as did aa2)... in comparison, aapg is quite easy, especially with the lack of restrictions to fov on basically all sights.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I've got no love or respect for some players, and I can care less what they think of me. In any game, competition, life, love, war, or finance, there will always be one who is rated "number 1", and certainly one who is always going to be better than you. You guys need to move on with calling out players and focus on helping get the new release out.

Enough already. Grow up.
    googley avatar aapg

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    how's one got anything to do with the other googly?

this is the sad state of the game...http://www.fraggednation.com/standings/pc/americas-army-proving-grounds/FN-Main-Season-3-11491 Prolly due to how fragged nation is being run, but mostly due to lack of interest in AAPG right now.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    how's one got anything to do with the other googly?

Exactly. This thread is about the "state of the game" not the endless trash talking about other players. Just a quick off-topic rant to stay on topic. Back on topic...

I think the number one problem is that many of us were anticipating a new release (in June) that would be a much improved version of the game. If the opt-ins are teasers as what is to come then the Devs are going nowhere fast. The new HUD, Launcher, and skins look nice but the game looks and feels basically the same. Maybe the new release should be called AAPG 2.0 so not to cause too much anticipation. I'm hoping for something much more.
    googley avatar aapg