Dear DEVs

=IK=montana!=IK=montana! Posts: 34Player
I am more than a little disheartened by the total lack of response from the team, to any of the (very few) issues I have posted in your forums. I am not a Beta tester (although, I did apply), however, those that you are already familiar with aren't the only players with any genuine concerns and/or comments. I have loyally spent 1837H 32M playing Americas Army Proving Grounds. That is my actual playtime, recorded by americasarmy.com stats, not the inaccurate Steam estimate (embarrassingly). Granted, I have only posted a handful of times and probably only a couple of those were with concerns that directly elicited a response from the development team but I have gotten exactly 0 replies in that regard.

I am not a gaming expert nor do I have the technical know-how that many of the others have on here. What I do have, is a documented record of many, many hours spent playing your game. In fact, I still continue to be appreciative of the work that the team has put into making a game that I clearly have enjoyed. I would think that one member of the development team would have the time...With all due respect, five or ten minutes to answer a legitimate question from a dedicated member of your game community is not a lot to ask, in my opinion.
Ignorance allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. - James Baldwin

Comments

• =IK=montana!=IK=montana! Posts: 34Player
    Wow. My signature is horrible. LOL.
    Ignorance allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. - James Baldwin
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    What issues are you referring to?
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 82Moderator
    are you talking about the prone players question?
    it was probably overlooked as its at the end of another topic.
    test-tag.jpg
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Thank you BC for linking the original post that I would be referring to....
    Shocker. How are your eye sockets? Still bleeding? Hmm.....I should go back to my old signature.
    ....and I am really hoping this type of banter doesn't derail the thread...I am still looking forward to hearing about the prone player issue....

Thanks.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    Good to have you here posting and being an active poster we need more of the communities opinion on matters posted here.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

montana! wrote: »
    Ok, well maybe this thread has "run its course" but maybe its a good place to bring up another game "bug" that I posted in the forums about long ago, as I know others have as well, but with no response whatsoever from anyone with the ability to act upon with results....(run-on sentences are the best...fyi)-- :#

Prone players---> cannot move past or step over, etc. ???? :/

Perhaps you wouldn't mind giving a little insight into the possible remedy to this issue in future development efforts, Mr. [Dev] TheTots, sir? o:)

I look forward to your feedback and appreciate the work you all have done and continue to do to make this game great... ;)

Montana (no, not Hannah) :s

I've checked into this before, and I got an answer that was "oh ok i get it". I just don't remember what that was.... When I get to the office in the morning I'll get you a real answer.

I checked on it. This is a limitation of our engine we're using. Due to the way Unreal works and our hitboxes, changing this would introduce a lot of new issues. We've looked at ways to change this, but it's just not something we can do without doing some major rewrites of the game and Unreal. There are just too many unintended consequences with doing it, and the time investment is just too great.

• IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Sounds like the only quick fix would be to expand every passage, doorway, or hallway so that they are greater in size than the prone player. This might change the gameplay considerably for the worst.

While I have run into a similar problem of blocking at the standing position (like trying to get to west on Alpha at the door in spawn with 5 other players at once, i.e Inner Hospital), I may be able to recall 2-3 positions on each map where prone blocking is problem, and usually around narrow doorways and walkways.

I think the best thing to do as a player is just to avoid those areas if another player is prone there. Usually, he won't be there for long unless he is camping. Then he become an easy target.

Thanks, Tots, for elaborating.
    googley avatar aapg

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,014Moderator
    100% friendly fire damage and the problem is solved ;)

(ok, not every time a player blocks a pass is intentional, so TK probably shouldn't be the first remedy :D )
    ss_4_frankof.png
    Not the ideal answer, but an answer we will live with. Thanks for the prompt response. I am looking forward to the official release...if my internet wasn't slower than molasses, I would be opting in to all the weekend opt-ins.