Supported Fire

.dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
I am not going to give up on these topics until I get an answer. Are you (the devs) ever going to fix the supported bug or the way supported is in the game!?
Supported Fire
  1. Do you want supported fire to be reworked or stay the same or just fix the bug and stay the same?27 votes
    1. Yes I want supported fire reworked!
      77.78%
    2. No I want supported fire to stay exactly as it is right now!
      14.81%
    3. I like supported fire the way it is now and just want the bug fixed please!
        7.41%
Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

Comments

• PredictionPrediction Posts: 132Player
    What happen to get rid of supported fire off objects all together. Guess number 1 will do
  • TheTotsTheTots Posts: 2,279Player
    LD's have done work to supported anchors to make it so that the body is properly visible.

Programmers have done work to make it so the "facing" bug is eliminated.

Aside from that, supported will be unchanged.
    The game wasn't made exactly to my specifications, so I feel it's broken.

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    The strafe shall live on. All hail the strafe.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    so we'll still be able to strafe and instantly duck to cover/reload... sigh

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Relinquish the strafe! The strafe will lead you astray!
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    TheTots wrote: »
    LD's have done work to supported anchors to make it so that the body is properly visible.

dzrLdsB.png
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    what is the BUG?

********Bam4D********

BE ALL (THAT) YOU CAN BE!

________Army 1980_________

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,572Player
    Bam4D wrote: »
    what is the BUG?
    Enemy seems to look in another direction when he aim/shoot at you.

HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 333Beta Tester
    -Ner0- wrote: »
    what is the BUG?
    Enemy seems to look in another direction when he aim/shoot at you.

It also happens when not supported. This past weekend on Inner Hospital a prone player appeared to be looking towards the reception desk but was in fact aiming at and took out another player who was looking out of the second floor windows.

It was common for sliding players to turn and fire but appear to all others as if looking straight ahead.
    product-image-230368610_300x300.jpg
    Guess it's rare.. I've not experienced it.

********Bam4D********

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 568Beta Tester
    The direction bug is very annoying, I'm glad it will be fixed. I like the idea of supported position because it add a bit more realism and gives a decent alternative for head glitching. But I think it is OP in the current state. I think either
    1) strafing speed should be drastically reduced
    or
    2) players should be penalized for strafing, e.g. they don't get (the full) benefit from the supported position while doing so.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    supported will be unchanged.
    -
    1. since the devs can't be bothered with removing the strafe... at the very least the devs should do the exact same basic "casual" fix for supported strafe as they did with prone ADS movement! have your CEM accuracy/stamina/recoil be horrible during, and briefly after, supported strafe movement. just like the prone movement ADS. done. still super casual. non-simulation. yet, not as blatantly stupid OP...
    -
    2. to remove that "instantly shoots laser beams" feeling supported is known for in this game, that initial "attachment" into supported, and the ducking for cover/ammo should also give that same (prone ADS movement) CEM penalty briefly.... so you don't shoot laser beams the INSTANT you pop back up or initially hook on.
    -
    3. non-ADS supported accuracy should be severely nerfed. you shouldn't be able to "hipfire" while supported with laser accuracy...
    -
    game balance and design 101 fellas... 101.

• Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    Guess it's rare.. I've not experienced it.
    every time you are in tactical/silent mode people see you facing in another direction.
    after reading the second comment think this topic belongs in to R&R
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Dem@n....is that bug back?!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I've never seen, would be cool to see a video of it happening... we tried it and did not see it with TAC on?

********Bam4D********

• =IK=montana!=IK=montana! Posts: 34Player
    Ok, well maybe this thread has "run its course" but maybe its a good place to bring up another game "bug" that I posted in the forums about long ago, as I know others have as well, but with no response whatsoever from anyone with the ability to act upon with results....(run-on sentences are the best...fyi)-- :#

Prone players---> cannot move past or step over, etc. ???? :/

Perhaps you wouldn't mind giving a little insight into the possible remedy to this issue in future development efforts, Mr. [Dev] TheTots, sir? o:)

I look forward to your feedback and appreciate the work you all have done and continue to do to make this game great... ;)

Montana (no, not Hannah) :s
    Ignorance allied with power, is the most ferocious enemy justice can have. - James Baldwin
  • Sick_DuckerSick_Ducker Posts: 43Player
    edited June 2015
    @montana! it's better than when you could accidentally trample people to death or push them off objects back in AA1 :pensive:

Alright i will be keeping this secret glitch to myself that allows you to strafe side to side at sprint speed while anchored/supported that i've been hanging onto the last 2 or 3 months - i haven't told a soul about it or how to do it, because the strafe speed is already insanely unrealistic for the aim you get (headshots across map unscopped just aim crosshair and shoot). When you can strafe side to side at sprint speed it makes it all the more hilarious..
    But now the news is out and free for anyone to try and replicate this glitch goodluck have fun, and I would've reported this bug long ago, but A.) the bug report system is broken. B.) I've made reports that were never addressed, i had bugs that anyone thats played with me regularly can vouch for, i posted in forums, made videos, uploaded, asked questions, and never got a response or solution or even the slightest of help to fix it, one moderator even posted a bug report for me and still 0 nothing nada. some of the glitches involved spawning with no gun, or the ability to not move, or the opposite, i could mpcheat_ghost cam move everywhere with no gun, under map in sky, through walls, all while still alive, i could report entire enemy team and follow them around individually if i wanted, although never did, im surprised it was never addressed and 0 feedback, i could've ruined outcomes of so many rounds... Respect and feedback is a 2 way street directed @ management. Going to play later tonight for my first time in 2 weeks and go sprint speed supported on every object in sight! and the best thing about that is you already told me you wont fix it

DoGo+ wrote: »
    You see the particular pixels at the edge and they dance very fast like John Travolta