ESL NA Semi-Finals, Game 1: iog vs con! Tonight. 17-May, 9PM EST

1235»

Comments

• ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player
    Wow just saw this. As everyone said - It was just a test cup, hopefully we'll get a larger pool of teams once the game is released.

But you KNOW the NX folks will be "BEST TEAM IN AAPG WHOOO"...
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,972Player
    edited June 2015
    Lol how does nx even play? It's so obv theres something going on when you go 40-5 then play with an AC client and play like garbage? I'm sorry but any comp that there included in instantly looses any or all credibility. Period.

For what its worth, underware, widely regarded as the top NA pub player, went 4-3 against complexity, a "average" team (nonetheless good I might add). Would you say that underware is fishy due to that performance?
    See: 5:45. Also I truly believe underware is the best NA pub player.
    [url="

There is a video on den0m vs. xP where he got near 1 k/d. He is the top AAPG pub player who's better than all the comp players combined. There is also some claims that he went 0-8 in a comp match against another team from a Euro comp player.

Comp matches are a lot harder than pubs. If you played in any FPS comp matches, you'll know that you play for positions, not for kills (if you don't kill any players and defended your position, you did your job). K/D doesn't mean much in this case because you can get a low K/D simply by attacking a more difficult position. You can also get a high K/D if you defend a relatively easy position.

I believe gotta be a reason why demon doesn't play competition. Always figured this was the issue. I'd prolly quit/only play pubs too if I did so bad in matches/scrims on a consistent basis.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

edited June 2015
    Wow just saw this. As everyone said - It was just a test cup, hopefully we'll get a larger pool of teams once the game is released.

Can't really call them best team in aapg there is still the euros and the fact they beat iog by forfeit. Can't really call anyone the best team especially off a test cup. You could say in theory nx is the top team in NA side of aapg or nx is argueable the best team in aapg. Also there is the fact that not every one play each in the tournament.

• `no_longer_active'`no_longer_active' Posts: 30Player
    I wouldn't count out the euros. Europe consistently produces the top CS team. Sweden is a power house when it comes to e-sports. I haven't played against that many euro clans to make that call in AAPG however.

BTW, who's the best in Europe? Is it cK?
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 453Player

Can't really call them best team in aapg there is still the euros and the fact they beat iog by forfeit. Can't really call anyone the best team especially off a test cup. You could say in theory nx is the top team in NA side of aapg or nx is argueable the best team in aapg. Also there is the fact that not every one play each in the tournament.

I'm not saying they are... But Nos likes to change his name to BestTeaminaapg.nx

That's actually ALL i'm saying.
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions

I'm not saying they are... But Nos likes to change his name to BestTeaminaapg.nx

That's actually ALL i'm saying.

lmfao I wouldn't do that but then again nos does have vac bans and admitted to Mur using before.

• SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    I wouldn't count out the euros. Europe consistently produces the top CS team. Sweden is a power house when it comes to e-sports. I haven't played against that many euro clans to make that call in AAPG however.

The 2 best teams were uP aka luck13 now inactive and SNLSTB now SSK, but we are also not as active as before, we are trying to be ready for the full release, but at the moment we are missing filKa probably the best eu player that was around months ago

AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Comp matches are a lot harder than pubs. If you played in any FPS comp matches, you'll know that you play for positions, not for kills (if you don't kill any players and defended your position, you did your job). K/D doesn't mean much in this case because you can get a low K/D simply by attacking a more difficult position. You can also get a high K/D if you defend a relatively easy position.

idk any of the players you mentioned so i can't agree or disagree on it, but this is probably one of the better posts i've seen on this forum since many people are always caught up on stats and k/d thinking its the be all. Figures dont lie but liars figure~ Also, you can get a relatively higher k/d if you're screwing over your teammates, there's just so many factors and variables to consider
    Totally agree.

K/d doesn't matter when you lose the round. I can get an amazing k/d ratio, but when I let the flag carrier pass to get another cheap frag (and not dying with that), I would just be an idiot.

It's about positioning, and knowing when to rotate and when to call.
    SNLSTB.Bart^

No, cK is just no1 in the ladder because they played a lot, but they are rather new in terms of competitive experience.
    I suppose at the moment when you see the league -VI- is doing well, which is actually a mix of SSK (former SNLSTB) and -VI-.
    Also .13 did very well, but they recently disbanded.
    SSK is starting up again after the cup, but we are missing one of our core players, so I do not know how our performance will be when we are back since our strength was that with just 6 players we had very strong teamplay. Now we need time to get used to some other players again.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    didn't see any tactics in the video from the winnig team
    Lol how does nx even play? It's so obv theres something going on when you go 40-5 then play with an AC client and play like garbage? I'm sorry but any comp that there included in instantly looses any or all credibility. Period.

For what its worth, underware, widely regarded as the top NA pub player, went 4-3 against complexity, a "average" team (nonetheless good I might add). Would you say that underware is fishy due to that performance?
    See: 5:45. Also I truly believe underware is the best NA pub player.
    [url="

There is a video on den0m vs. xP where he got near 1 k/d. He is the top AAPG pub player who's better than all the comp players combined. There is also some claims that he went 0-8 in a comp match against another team from a Euro comp player.

I believe gotta be a reason why demon doesn't play competition. Always figured this was the issue. I'd prolly quit/only play pubs too if I did so bad in matches/scrims on a consistent basis.

false.All you had to do is ask instead of jumping the bandwagon of hate fueled by evil untrue rumours picked up and spread by blazer as he likes doing so alot.

There was a false pb ban vawe where half the euro competition players waited almost a month for their accounts to be cleared due to a malfunctioning AC tool,players from my clan affected by it decided to quit aapg and play cs:go in that time so the clan disbanded as it was impossible to second account matches in ESL also around that time JAmes Carter dissapeared and AAODaily died, had 2 offers but was asked first from t[F]s whom i hanged out with for months before on their ts.
    As i played against the best Euro comp had to offer at that time and lost 2 matches out of 7 even tho i never set foot in a 6v6 map before or scrimmed ,one against Rx that consisted half of my ex clan members one to SNLSTB that was the unbeaten euro team at the time,we were the only ones taking 4-5 rounds from them nobody else did in a match.Competition was just low on teams ,basicly you played the same people at the time over and over again.
    Never played that uP guy,but blazer loves spreading rumors heard from people he doesn't even know instead of quoting the truth as i explained this before.
    Now that we cleared this up heres a gum to chew on.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 605Player

So, last I checked the ESL cup still shows iog vs nx. Is the forfeit loss official ESL?
    No, it will probably still be played. I am not sure about NA admins, but as EU admin if they asked me I would force them to play another date, since it's a final.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • SSKtidididiSSKtidididi Posts: 171Player
    edited June 2015
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    but at the moment we are missing filKa probably the best eu player that was around months ago

Excuse me Sir, but the name of best eu player is Lynux.

But to be serious, everything is gonna back on the right track. We will be the best once again very soon.
    edited June 2015
    Ill play the role of demon for this post.ED4A1989144BCD256C1CB3DF0347DC20D9BAEE09

I'd like to thank all my e-haters.
    My government for giving me welfare so I can play this game 24/7
    and of course my teammates.
    Oops and I forgot one thing since my name is Demon I would like thank the devil as well.

Sincerely,

Your #1 AAPG Player I got the highest honor!! To prove it! There should be no discussion here I Demon.eK (Euro Knt) am the best player in AAPG no matter what coast or country!

Feel free to contact me on twitter at #BadPlayersUnion

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 605Player
    2K2S was a dominant 4s team fasho. Would be fun to see those guys get back together and give iog and nx a good run.
    2K2S was a dominant 4s team fasho. Would be fun to see those guys get back together and give iog and nx a good run.

They were not around for 4v4 only were around for 5's :wink:

They were not around for 4v4 only were around for 5's :wink:

But they were definitely the best team, I really wanted to scrim more against them since they were the best practice.

Fun fact: Ecko in that screenshot got banned for visual cheats later on.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • `no_longer_active'`no_longer_active' Posts: 30Player
    Did they migrate to CSGO?
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    noOfy.. wrote: »
    I guess Ali is going to have to do this every time he loads up AAPG:

This was from a match vs. drp when Ali was in i9. At the time, Ali did not know this map. He top fragged, single shot folks through walls, didn't die the entire match, and it allowed i9 to win 9-0 -- all with his ipad recording his screen.

Cool, did you record your joke squad avoiding a match against iog too? xD