How to fix black PB screenshots?

Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
edited June 2015 in Game Support
A friend of mine got booted from a private server with this reasoning "your PB screenshots are black,you are probably blocking them",is there a way to fix the problem ?

Comments

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Dont tab out.
    Try different drivers.
    Turn off Aero(especially with a dual screen setup)

And as far as i know, its rare that SS blockers use a black screen, but theres no way to tell really.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    so sick of these inexperienced server admins on some of these servers your pbss are black!!! YOUR BLOCKING THEM. The best was..."Colts how come your not getting pbss from server?" Um cuz I just got here so I keep playing and he says it again "still no pbss showing up for you Colts". So I google the comand to manually get pbss and tell him how to do it...he ignores me 2 minutes later I am booted...So i go on a different account and I am still doing just as good but this time my pbss are showing up. Took like 20 minutes of playtime in the server for them to show though. But I just thought this was sooo funny. Like I doubt its possible to block a server from taking pbss, and these inexperienced admins also think black screenshots are INSTA BS this guy is cheetahing. Even though being alt tab out of the game when the pbss captures your screen can cause a black screen shot...The latest video card driver sometimes gives black screenshots, I remember this from AA2 there was time where you needed a certain nvidia driver or you would get black pbss. Bottom line is SERVER ADMINS should really do some research before they are so quick to accuse people of these things. I could go in a server right now spectate the best player in the server and start saying yep this guys walling!!! and keep going on and on, and the best player will eventually keep getting tked or votekicked by his team every round. I've seen it happen countless times to legit players.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    It's possible to block them, there was a topic about whether that is allowed back then when they'd create lag.
  • Dem@nDem@n Posts: 564Player
    edited June 2015
    i didn't create this topic to make drama or badmouth private server owners ,i'm looking for a permanent working solution to help my friend.Till now,nobody said anything usefull neither here or on the ACI forums where i expected more expertise on the topic.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Frankof's answer covers the most common known reasons: play the game on the primary monitor, test different display drivers, stay in-game.

PB is meant to be a black box so it's hard to really know. Make sure PB is up to date. Test if a firewall or AV program is interfering. Test if any other program that may interface with the display driver is affecting things (fraps? OBS? Shadowplay?), though I can't recall ever hearing that they cause problems.

It's not realistic to expect somebody to know the specific fix for a random player, especially without any details beyond "black PBSS"...
    edited June 2015
    so should i post up his system specs and what programs are running on his windows in the background while the game is up?i'm doing this only because his english grammar is worse than mine else he would do it himself.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Wouldn't hurt, but realistically wouldn't help much either. It's just not an easy question to answer beyond generic troubleshooting suggestions. I've also seen it as an intermittent problem for some players which makes it even harder to track down.
    so don't alt tab or use aero gotcha,let's see if it helps.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited June 2015
    nvidia lightboost can cause black screen shots too btw... LOL Forgot too mention that
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Also be careful with dual monitor setup. It's ridiculous to kick for black Screenshots though. People who want to block Screenshots will entirely block them or will use a Screenshot cleaner, black Screenshots only were a thing a long time ago.
    someone who tested around posted in my ACI topic about this.He said that it's more likely a punkbuster issue that probably can be fixed by updating /reinstalling PB or restarting the game.