MAP FEEDBACK: BDX Red Line C4

This BDX version of Red Line C4 limits playspace and also moves the lower bombsite to better support 6v6. How are you liking the changes here?

Comments

• c5.Wafflesc5.Waffles Posts: 39Player
    Love the changes, much more lighting in the server room areas, the fences in the corridors take a second to adjust, i like them, the only problem with them would be that it funnels people to less areas than before, which with a 6v6 isnt the end of the world.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Didnt like the original, especially in 6v6 mode.. this is much better! it was far too large before

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • -Seva--Seva- Posts: 4Player
    edited April 2015
    Its bad that its brighter! Dont like it at all.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    edited April 2015
    I'm trying to figure out what the Train level (lower) is even good for now. It seems a shame. The map could be played with Control Room and Upper. Since so much work went into it, is there some OTHER way to improve it instead? Maybe block off some longer sight lines and add more cover in the lower level and flanking hallways? This map was a showcase of cool. There must be a way to improve the gameplay! Why waste it?

Heck, the elevator is out of service! Just make it more defendable and it could get used (instead of being a death trap.)

I should probably give up my posting privileges :neutral:
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    It's a BDX, though. The lower garage and outer train areas serve no purpose beyond making that region chaotic with the way the bomb sites are placed.

The lower level is now a flank option.

Upper site can be reached via ~2 paths and lower site can be reached via ~2 paths. There's also the fake option for going trains -> through def spawn -> upper bomb site.

This is a big improvement over the original BDX_redline. It's not wasted space because this isn't FLO_redline.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,607Beta Tester
    Ya...I started typing without realizing it was a BDX specific change, as you probably guessed. Sigh....my bad. I just wish some of the very nicely arted up maps could get some gameplay going on. It is an improvement for sure.