• SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    edited May 2015
    http://www.twitch.tv/bcpull/v/5212044

Perma-link for semi game 2, omerta vs nx. I'll upload to Youtube later on
  • SSKwaNtedSSKwaNted Posts: 266Player
    cK^KILL@ wrote: »
    SSKwaNted wrote: »
    You can argue that it's bugusing I guess but that decision is up to the ESL admins. Fun Fact: EU ESL admins allowed the sniper rapid fire bug (that's why admins shouldn't be allowed to be players as well but that's another topic I guess).

???

Well, you know which player I'm talking about and I talked to him in a nice way about it but he didn't consider it a bug. At that point I didn't really care about it anymore but Sunvon messaged you about it and you argued that the advantage isn't big enough to consider it a bug. Player in question didn't know how to fully utilize the fast switch but was still shooting faster than supposed. Bug is fixed now and I know being an admin isn't always easy but yeah, should've been restricted back then.
    I really don't remember saying to anyone that wasn't a bug, luckly it has been fixed.
    We also have other problems like people running faster and running with nades, but even if they are not allowed, at the moment we can't do much about it, when we'll have the demorec it will be a whole different story
    AAPGOD/ Ex R6 Pro
    Achievements
    Youtube
    Steam
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    edited May 2015
    You can argue that it's bugusing I guess but that decision is up to the ESL admins. Fun Fact: EU ESL admins allowed the sniper rapid fire bug (that's why admins shouldn't be allowed to be players as well but that's another topic I guess).

???

Well, you know which player I'm talking about and I talked to him in a nice way about it but he didn't consider it a bug. At that point I didn't really care about it anymore but Sunvon messaged you about it and you argued that the advantage isn't big enough to consider it a bug. Player in question didn't know how to fully utilize the fast switch but was still shooting faster than supposed. Bug is fixed now and I know being an admin isn't always easy but yeah, should've been restricted back then.
    I really don't remember saying to anyone that wasn't a bug, luckly it has been fixed.
    We also have other problems like people running faster and running with nades, but even if they are not allowed, at the moment we can't do much about it, when we'll have the demorec it will be a whole different story

It's in the past and I don't really care about it and didn't even back then thus never messaged any admin about it myself. However got messaged by Sunvon and he even copy&pasted me the conversation (so unless he made that up for some weird reason you basically allowed it). I can't really blame you for that because I don't know if he explained everything correctly and if you were aware of that bug but this decision is one of the reasons a good friend of mine stopped playing competitive and that's really sad imo. One of your players was using it and he should've been aware that it is bugusing, it shouldn't be the admins watching out for bugusing however.

It's really sad that there are a few players trying to use everything in their advantage and don't respect simple rules such as not bugusing especially with the running nades. Sure it's competition and I'll try my best to win but winning by using bugs and exploits is a kind of nature I can't understand. I really hope demorecs will stop this madness and I'm sure it will catch that one guy currently using some visual asisstance in the ladder :)

Anyway, gg wp and gl for your next matches. See you in the finals hopefully.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    edited May 2015
    BCPull wrote: »
    http://www.twitch.tv/bcpull/v/5212044

Perma-link for semi game 2, omerta vs nx. I'll upload to Youtube later on

When is this happening??

Forgive me for trying to keep this thread on topic

edited May 2015

https://youtube.com/watch?v=AcfcUbSkkMI

Should be done processing by now
    Fun watch, not the result I wanted but oh well

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    So when is the finals? This tournament has taken 8 months
  • i9.unknowni9.unknown Posts: 38Player
    Was tonight. nx won by forfeit over iog. And we lost to omerta in the 3rd place game
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited June 2015
    Iog forfeit? [mod edit - TOS violation]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
    Was tonight. nx won by forfeit over iog. And we lost to omerta in the 3rd place game

DAFAAAA??? Seriously!??

• .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    thats what happens when a tourney gets delayed over and over agained starts to cause problems for peoples previous already planned plans. Ek is out of town for a wedding, longwill is away as well.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

My first match was April 12. There was a week of amnesty there for the Wire issues, then a week of amnesty for each of the opt-ins. I think that was it.

Delaying for the opt-ins was probably the correct, respectful choice for making sure the comp guys felt like they had a good chance to provide feedback without worrying about screwing up game settings or re-downloading for matches or not being able to scrim. I think Mulgarus made the right call on that; those weekends are a good opportunity for players to offer feedback. Both the Devs and the league participants can benefit from the delay.

The Wire week delay also was reasonable.

I agree that delays are frustrating, but I can't really point to any of them and say "That one! That one was uncalled for!"

Part of competition in the beta environment is not knowing release schedules. If Mulgarus had been told "these weekends will be opt-ins" in advance, he could have scheduled around them, but that's not how this has operated in the past. Analogously, it'd be great for patch releases to be announced ahead of time too.

For the Devs, though, they'd be weighing two options:
    - announce dates ahead of time so the small comp community is happy; risk having to go back on their word if a deadline isn't met
    - limit announcements of dates, but not get caught off-guard by unexpected bugs and issues
  • -vortex-vortex Posts: 188Player
    thats what happens when a tourney gets delayed over and over agained starts to cause problems for peoples previous already planned plans. Ek is out of town for a wedding, longwill is away as well.

As much as it sucks it was just a test cup. Hopefully in the future we can see a better, set in stone, schedule.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    I'm not saying the delays were anyones fault the delays kind of had to happen, but nobody could account for them. Like I doubt ek thought the tourney would take this long and thats why hes gone to a wedding.
    Pie charts + Graphs= Very Bad.

• -warpain.iog--warpain.iog- Posts: 30Player
    We asked to reschedule and they said no. Simple as that.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    What a long, drawn out piece work. The Opt-In wasn't forced on anyone, and another unspoken league pressed forward w/o incident. Now Season 3 is in full swing with more open teams than last season, and we thought ESL would have squashed that gnat already.

BCPull does make some excellent points however about letting comp players provide feedback to the Devs. I lost interest in the entire tournament once 30 days had passed. I'm disappointed though that you guys didn't step in and force a reschedule due to the length of time that had passed. Beta or not, such an anti-climactic end to what should have been a fun match to watch.
    edited June 2015
    We asked to reschedule and they said no. Simple as that.

WOW huge massive swollen thumbs down to nx, knew they'd get scrubbed out [mod edit - TOS violation]

• -=312th=-Shockz-=312th=-Shockz Posts: 5Player
    Nx goes 6-6 and 5-6 on wire they need all the ff's they can get.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    You guys have too much faith into wire..
  • -=312th=-Shockz-=312th=-Shockz Posts: 5Player
    No the person were talking about goes 30-2 in every pub and drop's 20's in ever scrim but on wire he goes 5-6 6-6? Yes i have faith.