stupid question -- does getting votekicked off a server

I'm coming back to the game and bad players are accusing me of hacking and I'm getting votekicked. Does the IP ban from the server go away after the game as ended?

Also, do any comp players have tweaked ini files I could have? I'd <3 you for them. Have a new computer so my old files are gone.

Comments

• bigfatpatbigfatpat Posts: 4Player
    ha(c)king is a TOS violation? lol
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Lots of words are TOS violations ;)

Votekicks are server-specific 10-minute IP bans. "Player is idle" votekicks are kick-to-spectator instead.
  • [qbc]Seb[qbc]Seb Posts: 3Player
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
  • .sauce.sauce Posts: 308Player
    how is that relevant?
    Hello sir, excellent accuracy.

LETS GO PENS
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Welcome back fatpat

Search the archive forum for allowed ini tweaks...you will find a nice list of tweaks that will improve your gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    The only tweaks you can do to ini files is to frame rates and HUD relocation/removal. Some private servers kick/ban players for any mods to the default ini.

Good luck.
    googley avatar aapg

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    The only tweaks you can do to ini files is to frame rates and HUD relocation/removal. Some private servers kick/ban players for any mods to the default ini.

Good luck.
    Thats ok, as the default files isnt used by the game ;)

ss_4_frankof.png
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited June 2015
    I used to tweak, never got kicked anywhere.. dont worry about it .. and if it does ever happen, its not a place you want to play anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • SSKoVieSSKoVie Posts: 54Player
    bigfatpat wrote: »
    I'm coming back to the game and bad players are accusing me of hacking and I'm getting votekicked. Does the IP ban from the server go away after the game as ended?

Also, do any comp players have tweaked ini files I could have? I'd <3 you for them. Have a new computer so my old files are gone.

I'm not playing on official servers anymore. I always get votekicked. I feel your pain.

On the tweaking part, I can send you a few INI files if you want (steam: overlord_nl). However, like some previous posters said; a few servers wont allow it. Currently I'm playing with the default one (only adjusted FPS) because I don't want to switch INI every time / getting kicked for the slightest change.

1306.png
    SSKoVie
    SHU wrote:
    It is our server, we pay for it. So if we think or want to ban, we do it, no need for explanation there are more then 400 other servers, go and have fun.