Gotfrag Remake for AA Community

i9.unknowni9.unknown Posts: 38Player
edited May 2015 in eSports
Hey fellow gamers,

The site is almost up and ready for full launch. The site will consist of league news, updates, and statistics. We are looking for help from the community to fill staff positions such as a staff writer, match caster, video editor, and graphic designer.

www.gotfrag.us

Thanks!

Comments

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
  • i9.unknowni9.unknown Posts: 38Player
    edited May 2015
    Penguin - xtr is the site manager, but I will try to help out as much as I can with posting new articles and keeping it up to date with upcoming matches, etc.
    Killa - If we get enough support and help, I'll talk to xtr about trying to utilize it for the eu side as well, so we can have a more conjoined community which should help out the comp side of things in this game
    Wasn't aaodaily relaunching as well?
  • 12ampage12ampage Posts: 64Player
    edited June 2015
    Does the AA Community own the copyrights on GotFrag?

EDIT:
    "On June 6, 2007, Major League Gaming acquired Gotfrag for an undisclosed sum" Before you get too far I might suggest coming up with an original name.

• [1stCav]QuePasa^[1stCav]QuePasa^ Posts: 38Player
    Add EU :)
    I have no idea Killa.
    - -
    Thanks rampage, I'll tell xtr. It'd be nice if he could post and read the forums here...lol banned for telling devs that the opt-in map data whatever sucks lawls. If you guys have any further input or ideas, please feel free to message me on steam - unk3rs
    - -
    Thanks!
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    gotfrag.com redirects to play.esea.net now. Looks like it changed hands again since MLG took it.

So... I had a quick chat with Chris and, apparently, there's a place for an EU section. The question is... will the AAPG-Daily go live or not? :) For such a small community, there'd be no need for two comp. sites. What do you think folks?
    Should probably wait the full release with that. New players and teams would make it worth it maybe.
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    The Got Frag sites looks nice. The EU should just go there. End of discussion
    Hard to argue with Phil - he's got the point :) I guess that we should gather some people and actually tell them that they've got the support of a certain number of players that can do some epic.. things like casting, writing, and so on :P.
    --
    http://gotfrag.us/forums/topic/staff-positions-open/
    There is only really casting going on whenever a cup is being played. The ladder is basically dead.
    add us on steam if you're interested in helping out or just because haha. unk3rs and xtopherus
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 668Player
    coN monopoly in full swing
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    coN monopoly in full swing

I don't see many people rushing in to help out the community. Maybe instead of complaining you can put your time to good use.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......
  • PhilippovichPhilippovich Posts: 218Player
    Alright.

I've decided to join GotFrag.us and will give a hand doing some cast. Maybe this way it will be easier to announce when casts are happening :)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Hey i'd help out, but I'm not big with programing and such.. I could stream though.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    edited June 2015
    what happened to TWL starting over with just the 2 founders?
    -
    edit: guess they threw in the towel because they didn't want to start over with the hassle of gathering volunteers for all the things...

It's confirmed - they won't 'revive' the site and the community. Polaris stepped back five days ago. Some of the former admins (e.g. Streetz) are trying to start with a new site - www.pgleague.org (it doesn't work for me, lol).
    -
    I also joined GotFrag.us Staff ;) Expect some write-ups soon!
    -
    btw. If the game won't be advertised by the AA Game Studio, we are dooooooomed.
  • .dcG-Vortex^.dcG-Vortex^ Posts: 188Player
    I can contribute by streaming and casting regularly on twitch.
    TheTots wrote:
    I think this thread has run it's course......