New publish failed error

[NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
edited May 2015 in Mission Editor - Support
OK, I did a few minor tweaks to my map, and tried to cook it whilst publishing it to the workshop. I have had errors before, but never this one.

It failed with this error:
Publish failed due to SteamWorkshopCommitPublishedFileUpdate ""

hchwIIw.jpg

Does anyone know what this means and what I can do to fix whatever is causing it?

I have been trying to publish all day, so I can't believe it is a workshop server load issue.

I have tried publishing with and without cooking in both full editor and mission editor, but all the same.

Thanks.

Comments

• [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    OK, I think I have fixed the error but I'm not sure how.

All I did was change the image for the map workshop preview and then shorten the description for the workshop.

I didn't know it, but is there a maximum character limit for the description on uploads?

• Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 509Beta Tester
    You can always edit that using the workshop page.

BTW, did you publish it from the advanced editor or the basic one? I'm having trouble myself...
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    Advanced editor. I only ever use the basic editor to start the map (create landscape and surroundings).

What errors are you getting ?
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    There is an 8000 character limit for the description...
    edited May 2015
    As soon as I click on Publish, a window pops up and says: 'Could not publish file'. The bottom of the publishing window say 'Fully loading the current map' but it never seem to finish. My map is pretty big about 450 MB so I'm trying to cook it (the map is fully of custom assets, so I hope cooking can reduce the filesize significantly). The logfile does not give any extra information. Or I'm just inpatient and not giving it enough time?

Edit: I was able to publish a simple mission. But I can't publish my project, even in an older state, where the file is only 80 MB. What can cause this issue?
    There is an 8000 character limit for the description...

Well the description I was using was nowhere near 8000, more like 80-100 so I guess it was just bugged.
    As soon as I click on Publish, a window pops up and says: 'Could not publish file'. The bottom of the publishing window say 'Fully loading the current map' but it never seem to finish. My map is pretty big about 450 MB so I'm trying to cook it (the map is fully of custom assets, so I hope cooking can reduce the filesize significantly). The logfile does not give any extra information. Or I'm just inpatient and not giving it enough time?

Edit: I was able to publish a simple mission. But I can't publish my project, even in an older state, where the file is only 80 MB. What can cause this issue?

That does sound like something in you map from the early versions is bugged or missing. Have you checked that all of the mission info and world info is set correctly?
    If it was just the 450MB version that didn't work, I would blame the upload speed of your internet, or impatience :p but for an 80MB version to fail, it does sound like something is invalid or missing.
    I will take a look, it is quite possible... For certain reasons I didn't use a template or a blank map, but and already made map file was used - and that might have different settings than AAPG. I did try to fix the worldinfo thou... But I really don't know much about UDK...