UMM Dev-Pick & Retro Map Event - Version 2!

PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 12Administrator
Let's keep the UMM momentum going!

We're swapping out some maps on the official UMM servers with new ones from your choices made on Steam and the AA Forums. We are listening and we want to continue the support for the user made map community! This month we're adding to the mix:

Pipeline by Maclobster
[AA2]Insurgent Camp by Altan
[AA2]Sandstorm by Altan

Download the latest Official UMM Collection NOW!

2rglwdw.jpg

Here are step by step instructions on how to get playing.

1st. The Offical UMM Collection v2 maps are all part of a Steam Workshop collection. Subscribe to the entire collection at http://bit.ly/1HOBreJ

2nd. Now that you've subscribed, the maps will start automatically downloading. Open the AAPG Launcher, go to Mission Editor and choose Manage. You'll see the maps downloading, one at a time.

3rd. Click BUILD next to the first one in the list, wait for it to build lighting and complete. Do the next, rinse, repeat. I know "why don't these guys make a BUILD ALL?". Yea, we're working on that right after the full release!

4th. Go join a server. Here's a list that you can find and favorite!

US Army Official UMM Collection US

US Army Official UMM Collection EU

Comments

• -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,571Player
    edited May 2015
    Nice, but I would like to have the updated Supremacy with less birds. Every time I play this map people complain about the birds. There is also a Zip Line in the latest version.
    Here is the updated version, Supremacy Final: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=439286495
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 12Administrator
    Yep, we couldn't agree more and the latest version of Supremacy (Supremacy Final) has been added to the v2 Collection.
    Phoenix wrote: »
    Yep, we couldn't agree more and the latest version of Supremacy (Supremacy Final) has been added to the v2 Collection.
    Can't see it in the map vote list yet. It's still the old Supremacy.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • PhoenixPhoenix Posts: 12Administrator
    Sorry, I forgot to click the little plus thingy.
    See it now. Now we only need players.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 141Player
    good job!
    btw there are other 15 maps from Altan and aa2.
    from my side also candidates for this.
  • LawGiverLawGiver Posts: 6Player
    Let's here some feedback on the new maps and gameplay. Anyone playing some pipeline?
    tonight I guess we play on swiss aa2 map server - you are invited to join in.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,589Beta Tester
    That was fun! A friend and I played a few maps. Some of these maps are very well done and playable.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Duke_AudiDuke_Audi Posts: 323Beta Tester
    edited May 2015
    I played a couple of the maps on-line and checked out a few more off line. Good stuff, I really appreciate this approach to community building. :)

Maclobster did a crackerjack job on Pipeline. Loved it! I did much better on it then I did on his other map, Honor Town. Goes to show map knowledge is king even if it’s years old, eh? ;)

Although the day was fun it wasn’t without some problems. I was not able to open the swinging style doors both on Pipeline and Urban Assault. :( The doors would only open or close part way. If I found an open door it would take two attempts to close it. I suspect I wasn’t the only one either as I found several doors left partly open.

Also, was there a change to the suppression effect and knockback, (aimpunch, hitspin, whatever) on these maps? It seemed as if suppression was much less, just a slight blurring but, the knockback was more pronounced. I had an exchange with a sniper across that large map with the “you can hitch a ride on” helicopter that was exactly how I’ve felt it should be.
    556127a3323e2cfd0355aaa34b6e0b63-full.jpg
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited June 2015
    Over the last couple of weeks, I have been trolling the UMM servers and really enjoying these user maps. Take for instance Sandstorm, this map is basically a monotone backdrop but it is absolutely loads of fun to play. Just as much as Pipeline and the others.

I just don't get the empty servers. How can 'the community' constantly play Inner Hospital and Downtown day after day without really trying out these new user made maps. I'm lucky to find 5-6 gamers who will hang around for a full map rotation on the UMM servers. I think you are all missing out on some great gaming. Maybe you all are chicken to learn a new map? I just don't get it.

Maybe one of the problems is that only the regular few who visit forums will see this post. I try to send out invites to friends on Steam to join in on UMM. Maybe it's the lack of patience to download and build the user maps.

If I am frustrated about it then I can only imagine the map makers frustration of spending all their time to develop these awesome maps only to see gamers hawking over same 2 original maps over and over again. What challenge is there in doing that? Is it about memorizing every nook and cranny so you can get that 'expected' kill shot?

I'm not trying to come off in a rant but I just don't understand the lack of player interests in these well-designed and refreshing user made maps.

Maybe it's just me??
    googley avatar aapg

I would like to applause to steam about the possibility to make umm collections. this is just great. and I don't know what did change, but its much more better to play umm then 2 month before. also the build maps is a very nice part. the maps are loaded within 10-30 seconds - even the very big ones. congratulations!
  • =U^S=_Mason=U^S=_Mason Posts: 167Beta Tester
    edited July 2015
    IO_i_OI wrote: »
    Over the last couple of weeks, I have been trolling the UMM servers and really enjoying these user maps. Take for instance Sandstorm, this map is basically a monotone backdrop but it is absolutely loads of fun to play. Just as much as Pipeline and the others.

I just don't get the empty servers. How can 'the community' constantly play Inner Hospital and Downtown day after day without really trying out these new user made maps. I'm lucky to find 5-6 gamers who will hang around for a full map rotation on the UMM servers. I think you are all missing out on some great gaming. Maybe you all are chicken to learn a new map? I just don't get it.

Maybe one of the problems is that only the regular few who visit forums will see this post. I try to send out invites to friends on Steam to join in on UMM. Maybe it's the lack of patience to download and build the user maps.

If I am frustrated about it then I can only imagine the map makers frustration of spending all their time to develop these awesome maps only to see gamers hawking over same 2 original maps over and over again. What challenge is there in doing that? Is it about memorizing every nook and cranny so you can get that 'expected' kill shot?

I'm not trying to come off in a rant but I just don't understand the lack of player interests in these well-designed and refreshing user made maps.

Maybe it's just me??

I couldn't agree with you more, there is nothing more disappointing than to spend the time building a map that never gets played. I feel like people had a such a horrible experience with UMM's the first go around they are very hesitant to give them a try now that they load so much easier.
    "9 people make up over 50% of all of the posts on this forums.
    The VAST majority of our players just play."
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    Hopefully this will all change after the full release. Last hope! :(