Any One Want To Finish My Radio Tower

RoLLerFoShoRoLLerFoSho Posts: 23Player
edited May 2015 in Mission Editor
Anyone here have time to or interested in finishing radio tower that i worked on it is not a port is is all textures made and most is done i would say around 85% complete

Just need someone to finish and the credit is all yours i just really want to see this playabe

TODO:

Material instances- all materials are there just need to add the master material for each material already made so that it makes proper sound and animation when shot.

Sounds- Ambient and other sounds need tweaking for final

Lighting- Not much here unless you think some needs to be done

OBJ- OBJs are in place but I wanted it as a 3 OBJ map to complete but as of now if one is taken i think it ends

Asset placement- One building left to place objects

Surrounding Environment- Some things to do here

Plane Round start- Animation to fly away and also tweaking not much easy

Cover nodes- Needs these added everywhere

Comments

• RoLLerFoShoRoLLerFoSho Posts: 23Player
    Anyone?
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    For how close we may be to the game release it's probably better to hold off wanting it finishing tbh.

Unfortunately, I have already picked up a challenge for after I finish my own map, not that Radio Tower deserves my mapping noobness in any case.. I wouldn't want to make a good map.. bad, so hopefully someone else might help you out..

Even if not, I hope you try and finish it, may I ask why you don't want to finish it yourself?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

i haven't worked on it since last may i think i don't have time but i got almost to the point where it is done i will make a quick list of the things left todo
  • RedBaron64(ITA)RedBaron64(ITA) Posts: 173Player
    Steam workshop link?
    I'd like give it a try, add my steam user RedBaron64-ITA to the map page so i can upload it. I noted in comments that the map gave errors on server; is it the same situation or errors have gone?
    it gave errors before because it was never cooked since then i have cooked it yesterday and also updated some things it will take a bit of testing to find errors like Alpha side should spawn in plane Yet they are spawning outside of it.

i did do a bunch on Material instances quickly so alot are done
    Mmhh....i tried to open it offline many times and crashed always
    ah

When you cook a map doesnt this cook custom upk into the map file
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,190Player
    edited May 2015
    For someone to be able to work with your map, your going to have to supply an un-cooked copy of the map, either uploaded to the workshop, or separately through direct download (file host).
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

will link now
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    If you have external meshes, textures and sounds in separate UPK files then this may be what is causing errors, as the items must be imported into the map file to work. AFAIK AA:PG can't currently access external UPK files.

I am guessing by the size of that download, the final map could be rather large once everything is imported :o
    well some meshes and textures are not used to decrease the amount of different things for rendering.. If some one could help or point me in direction of how to take all actors and such that are currently custom and put in to mylevel packages without having to reimport everything i will do it and finish the map little every day i will work on it
  • [NoL]W_a_t_c_h[NoL]W_a_t_c_h Posts: 133Player
    I think the quickest way to do it is probably:
    1) find the mesh/texture in the external package in content browser.
    2) right click it, click save.
    3) right click it again, click create copy. Set the destination to your map file, and put it in a sensible sub folder.
    4) find the original mesh/texture again in the external package, right click it and then left click "Select Level actors using this object".
    5) then find your mesh in your map file in content browser, select it and then right click one of the highlighted items on the map, and click "Replace With - static mesh xxx".
    6) for textures it is slightly more difficult as you will probably have to do one at a time copy the texture to your map file and then replace textures on meshes. If you do it in the same way as above (but with materials) you could replace both materials on a multi-material mesh.

If someone else has a quicker way, I would also like to know.
    i wonder if some one knows Uscript if there is something that can be written that will automatically take all meshes and textures create a duplicate and re reference it to the MyLevel or the map otherwise i will just make the files available in the steam link and placement of files

this is why they need to incorporate the downloading of external packages while loading into server for packages that are not found on client but found on server