Bridge Crossing

2»

Comments

• .shhfiftyfive-.shhfiftyfive- Posts: 495Player
    OP snipers got hit with the noob tube... so OP snipers couldn't reign top dog like in aapg...
    -
    for similarity.... think of battlefield franchise... jet's or attack choppers each alone are OP when it comes to taking out ground vehicles if given the opportunity. but by having both types of air vehicles, they compete over air space to effectively nerf one's ability to hold the airspace uncontested, rather than a single one being available and taking the entire ground map hostage...

• SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    Riflemen had a better chance against snipers aswell.

31 bullets of burst or semi automatic fire against a slow scoping, slow reloading sniper. And if you managed to hit him a little your chances to close in on him also went up. Unless the sniper was exceptional.

Snipers only really had a distinct advantage at far distances compared to AAPG.

Giving up your sniper or m203 to someone who was more skilled with it wasn't uncommon as a result of them having specific uses.
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    edited May 2015
    "such open maps"... Well brigde is not an open map. It's a walking plank, with 3 lanes yaarrggh! :) And yes they could be very op, especially when you would be facing a proficient bridge player. But sniping long range was much harder in AA2... Plus even in maps were sniper shined, like Mountain Pass, there were also trained M203 dudes that wouldn't let them unchecked and probably shaped the game more than the snipers.

On open maps such as Border, Mountain Ambush, Radio Tower sniper is of course a strong role, but definitely not OP. You have freedom of movement (unlike Bridge) and you are not completely in the open (unlike Mountain Pass). So Hilly maps allow a mix of strong sniper but also progression through the terrain. You run from hill to hill and while in the open many times, there's windows of opportunity your teammates create, the game is not so stale, even though the players might be taking fixed positions at times, because them doing so allows others to move forward.

Cheers
  • SSKbartSSKbart Posts: 125Player
    Also, snipers didn't have a hold breath at that moment like in this game, the way the scope moved when scoping in was totally different compared to this game. Shooting someone with the sniper was a lot harder there.
    SNLSTB.Bart^
  • Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah exactly you had to time your breathing or (like me) max your mouse sensitivity so the [TOS Violation] thing goes where I point it.
    Speaking of that, in AA2 if you aimed and fired you got a kill! not a 'I'm down to 11%' then get shot in the face

• SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    SSKbart wrote: »
    Also, snipers didn't have a hold breath at that moment like in this game, the way the scope moved when scoping in was totally different compared to this game. Shooting someone with the sniper was a lot harder there.

Tbh, there isn't even a need to use it in AAPG with how little the sway is.
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    edited May 2015
    Well you still use it for shots you want to be assured, but it was definitely a lot harder in AA2 to shoot some one long range than now.
    And this is why I suggested to increase the sway and reduce the cone. So sick that you miss people 3 meters away... In AA2 it was too laser accurate. You could put a dot in your screen and there you have it. So I think a little cone is fair, I just don't get why can't it be the same as an M16.

Right now it's so easy to quick-scope. Before if you tried it, the scope would come up slower and you would go into a dizzy world most times due to sway, so you too your chance with laser hip fire.
    I think there can be a balance between these.

Oh and I still don't understand why everyone has a pistol now...
  • iNv|eKCommiNv|eKComm Posts: 394Player
    I dont like the tunnel. Maybe a hanging walkway. I think thats a bit more realistic. Same idea though.
    -
    Sniping was harder in AA2.
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 351Player
    edited May 2015
    Below_Auckland_Harbour_Bridge_Hossen27.jpg

with a few turns and tweaks, boxes and stuff.
  • .dcG-Colts^.dcG-Colts^ Posts: 1,973Player
    edited May 2015
    I wonder how many people complained about OP sniper rifles on such open maps?

You obviously never played AA2 the sniper was so hard to use.

Finally I agree with animatics^sketcher on something if you use the m24 to hipfire a guy at pointblank range basically your barrel is touching him it should be a kill should be no cone on that. Id say between 2 metres and 3 metres range the m24 hipfire should go exactly where your dot is. Should be like this for all weapons.
  • =NOC=BWSNinja=NOC=BWSNinja Posts: 34Player
    And the more damage you took the scope would rock all over the screen. Had to drop the mouse down a notch to try and hold it steady.
    Scoping is pretty much like COD in this game.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,183Player
    I wonder how many people complained about OP sniper rifles on such open maps?

You obviously never played AA2 the sniper was so hard to use.

Oh, I did.. just not for very long, I don't think I ever tried the sniper, but I remember being able to put an ACOG even with a bipod on the M4 :lol: and guess what.. nobody cared. Real tempted to go play it to see for myself :mrgreen:

I agree it should be far harder to use than it is, but like the SAW is OP thread, you change the gun to the point it becomes useless in such a fast paced game, with smallish maps.. then nobody will use it.
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    edited May 2015
    Real tempted to go play it to see for myself :mrgreen:

I got a tip for you if you decide to check out AA2. Take your time and give it some time. :D

When i downloaded 25assist i was hit with a reality check that i sucked pretty hard now. So it must be a nightmare to someone who never or hardly played it.
  • $heck!ey.cze$heck!ey.cze Posts: 6Player
    :smiley:
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    I remember the old days on Bridge when you had 4 friendlies spamming for the sniper then they all go up in the tower to wait for him to get shot just to pick it up. UGH!
  • $heck!ey.cze$heck!ey.cze Posts: 6Player
    Yeeeeah exactly :)