AA Veteran review Spot on

Comments

• Gronfather@twitchGronfather@twitch Posts: 466Player
    Rushing was never a match winner in NA. We hardly did it and hardly had it tried on us. I can appreciate a different perspective, but I remember the NA scene quite well.

No offence but speak for yourself lol you do what you can to win. Rush, camp whatever. Just cause your guild didn't rush didn't mean the 'NA scene' didn't rush lol.

• .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 417Player
    As the top team in NA with 150+ matches, I never observed this. If I did. It wasn't successful.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Okay so godfathers team never saw it so it never happened.

On to other things, I know a lot of people who I played AA2 with who ended up joining the military. Also anyone remember that story on the news about the guy who saved someones life using the medic training he received ingame?

GGs

Take it out of context if you like and you don't have to agree.

Fact: In TWL matches (150+ - That isn't just a few games it's like 1200 rounds if you played 8 rounds each match ) it didn't happen successfully in 90% of the matches we played. We picked routes, communicated well and won 90% of our matches. It was teamwork that was the key to our success.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Yeah so it's how YOU played, that's all im saying lol. Your saying North American teams didn't rush. Your one NA team.

So you're suggesting 1200 rounds across all of the teams that played TWL, it was a fluke?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Whatever man all I'm saying is your speaking on behalf of all of north America lol. I'm not here to flex muscles but I've played in well over 150 matches and I've seen it a lot. There you go.

Re-read it if you must. I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm saying it was hardly successful. You didn't have teams coming in and rolling over other teams with rushing tactics as you do in AAPG.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • =IK=SgtBadazz=IK=SgtBadazz Posts: 160Player
    Best team lol. I'll give you top 5 though.
    Best record, best win %, held the top spot the most.

I'd like to hear your ranking of it.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Not sure how I would rank it because I don't know the other teams numbers. That's why I said top 5.

In no particular order I remember the top spot bouncing around between:

M2
    IK
    DFL
    FRAGWEISER
    DA
    and the SA team that naded me all the time
  • SOPMODSOPMOD Posts: 230Player
    He makes some valid points.

The video was indeed posted a while ago but if you listen to what his issues are with the game i don't think he would change his mind about the current game or the direction it's going in.
    ---
    Forget the recruitement part and look at the PR aspect.

Wiki says:

Public relations (PR) is the practice of managing the spread of information between an individual or an organization (such as a business, government agency, or a nonprofit organization) and the public.[1] Public relations may include an organization or individual gaining exposure to their audiences using topics of public interest and news items that do not require direct payment.[2] This differentiates it from advertising as a form of marketing communications. The aim of public relations is to inform the public, prospective customers, investors, partners, employees, and other stakeholders and ultimately persuade them to maintain a certain view about the organization, its leadership, products, or of political decisions. Public relations professionals typically work for PR and marketing firms, businesses and companies, government, government agencies, and public officials as PIOs, and nongovernmental organizations and nonprofit organizations.

Does it achieve it's goal? You decide.
    Kind of like AAPG. The player numbers were/are about the same. ;)
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    Not sure how I would rank it because I don't know the other teams numbers. That's why I said top 5.

In no particular order I remember the top spot bouncing around between:

M2
    IK
    DFL
    FRAGWEISER
    DA
    and the SA team that naded me all the time

no not even close!!

Frageweiser
    ST-6 .. now known as pub*

were the two top teams in AA3 hands down NA

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    edited May 2015
    So Doba camped all of his "Thousands" of hawkeyes. :D
    Finally a eyewitness showed up .Dobanub - I knew it.....

Edited:

ps. Changing name as we speak
    Thanks Doba! It's good to have some validation that I'm not entirely insane. :D

"Not even close"

He's right, I had a running live cloud spreadsheet piggy backing the TWL website that broke down individual statistics with break downs of how each of our players were playing against each team and the variances between matches throughout our history along with individual statistics from battle tracker.

If I had to point a a single squad that gave us the most trouble (from memory) it was probably DFL. Opinions may vary on that one.

ST-6 - I know they had some good players, but I can't recall specific matches with them.
    DA - They were good, but no one really knew if they were legitimate. They didn't have a clean history.
    M2 - Was pretty good and probably a top team, but I think they built a reputation via word of mouth that exceeded their actual skill.

Back to the topic - Now you have some validation that I/we have a wealth of knowledge behind what's involved in teamwork.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    edited May 2015
    Bing has pinned me as a proponent of AA2, of which I fought against implementation into AAPG as part of the competition beta group. AA2 was a great game, but I don't want it back. It's very prevalent in AAPG. Bing, you are right that I want it slowed down and more tactical in terms of promoting teamwork, which AAPG fails at. I'd much rather see the game favor the teamwork AA3.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!