Dragging incapacitated teamates

Hello, I believe the ability to drag your incapacitated teammate would be very helpful in a battle.
Dragging teamates
  1. Should players have the ability to drag their unconscious/incapacitated teamates?30 votes
    1. Yes, I would like that!
      63.33%
    2. No,keep it how it is.
      36.67%

Comments

• ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    I like it and mentioned it before. Probably very open to bugs though. Dunno
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Player
    As far as I remember this was discussed on the old forum. The conclusion was that it would be really cool, but it would require way to much work from the Devs. :( I'd be happy if this was a thing, but I'm afraid it won't be.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    I know one Dev that obsesses over this! He cray cray!! :p But seriously...how would it work? It'd be pretty cool.

My Load Bearing Vest at home has a heavy duty "buddy handle" right up behind the neck for just such a maneuver...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SSKnecaboSSKnecabo Posts: 2,721Player
    Devs already confirmed that this won't happen.
    /thread
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    edited May 2015
    This would be great, if other things were different. You're not going to survive doing that in this game the way it is.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Player
    What if: a future medic system requires more time to assess and heal?

What if: a zipped up Opfor doesn't disappear and can be dragged to a temporary detention area, where you have to post a guard, and he can be rescued by his team?

Sure, it doesn't fit present gameplay, but the future isn't written in stone...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • SacchoSaccho Posts: 1,577Player
    Once you have got to the player to start the drag animation you may aswell of just revived him....lol.
    Agreed.

Moving the casualty makes sense in the real world: medical attention takes time and focus and "scene safety" is a pretty huge concern. Then, after being stabilized, a serious injury could still leave the soldier unable to move around under their own power.

In-game, the time to drag somebody out of the open (or, heck, even just around the corner) would take longer and leave you more exposed than just doing the revive in place. Changing the revive animation length to something like 10 seconds would be necessary just to create a reason to bother with using the drag mechanic.
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    What if: a zipped up Opfor doesn't disappear and can be dragged to a temporary detention area, where you have to post a guard, and he can be rescued by his team?

America's Army: Jailbreak edition :D

http://www.wikihow.com/Play-Jail-Break-the-Outdoor-Game
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2015
    Keebler750 wrote: »

You must've been playing L4D xD you can rescue people (who previously died) out of closed rooms in that game

Talking seriously: there are still several bugs related to the revive feature (revived people going through walls, getting revived and not being able to switch from the flash grenade, etc). I totally second animatics, and you got to be properly able to use a feature before adding potential mess to it.
    Once you have got to the player to start the drag animation you may aswell of just revived him....lol.

Like there was no one watching his/her body and listening for you to revive him! It's an interesting idea if it allows to actually bring someone safely away from the area and revive without being heard and seen (obviously it doesn't matter in smaller 6vs6 maps).
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Now we got no smoke this is the worse idea ever :cry:

Before they were ripped out of the game I would have agreed :lol:
  • AvgusteAvguste Posts: 125Player
    I wouldnt mind the addition of this option. Maybe have both revival and pull to safety to revive as options for the player to choose based on the situation.
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    How about giving the down person a slow floor crawl?
    Bam4D wrote: »

How does one distinguish between a crawling "live" enemy and a crawling "downed" enemy that can't be incapped without committing a war crime?
  • Bam4DBam4D Posts: 976Player
    BCPull wrote: »
    Bam4D wrote: »

How does one distinguish between a crawling "live" enemy and a crawling "downed" enemy that can't be incapped without committing a war crime?

No legs moving, one arm pull forward, make it a complete different animation and much slower.
  • MedicalManiacMedicalManiac Posts: 8Player
    I see your guys points, the way the revive system now is way to fast and unrealistic at the moment, "Oh you just got hit by a grenade? Pop a bandage on that and your good to go!" I liked america's army 3's medical system better.
  • =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    I would probably drag bodies into line of fire then revive them for the lulz