Ran Out Of Virtual Memory

=[R]=ChairForce=[R]=ChairForce Posts: 2Player
edited September 2 in Game Support
The dreaded error that a ton of people seem to get, now I get it. Below is the last portion of the long list in my log.
2021.08.15-21.31.12 [0022.42] Log: --- LOADING MOVIE START ---
2021.08.15-21.31.12 [0022.74] TobiiEyeX: FTobiiEyeXController::UnregisterAllGazeRegions()
2021.08.15-21.31.14 [0024.53] Critical: appError called: Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.
2021.08.15-21.31.14 [0024.54] Critical: Windows GetLastError: (2)
2021.08.15-21.31.16 [0026.46] Log: === Critical error: ===
Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk.

Specs:
-ASUS TUF Gaming X570-Plus motherboard
-AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
-16.0 GB DDR4 RAM 4400MHz
-Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit
-Main drive: 1 TB M.2, 600GB free space
-AMD Radeon RX 6700 RT, 12GB RAM

Fixes that didn't work:
-Loading training maps/BDX maps before loading server
-Changing paging size
-deleting UPK files and reinstalling game from full install
- checking "regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll"
-Latest drivers for GPU
-Forcing GPU to override game settings, turning off Anti-Aliasing (this worked for about an hour, then it came back).
-Verifying Integrity
-reinstalling game from full install
-deleting local game files in my documents
-reinstalling game from full install again
-rolled back drivers for GPU
-updating all drivers in the system
-running 64bit version then running 32bit version
-uninstalled C++ and reinstalled
-tried every resolution, got some to work but made playing the game worthless as everything was so blurry it made my eye hurt
-deleting shader cache worked most of the time, but after a few maps the game crashes and i can't get back in for a few days.

Literally can't think of what else to do....any suggestions

Comments

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    try the radeon drivers from february
  • weakness_aaweakness_aa Posts: 149Player
    Ever since the failed update I have not been able to load any map or connect to any of the servers until I perform the following.

Launch Steam and login

Launch the 64bit version of the game located -->> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win64\AAGame.exe"

Login using your AAPG account.

Click Online and let the server browser load

Press the Tilde key to open the game console and load the following map by typing in the console

open FLO_Overload_C4 and press the Enter key *note* ( I choose this map due to LARGE map size )

Once the map loads press the Tilde key again to close console.

Click Deploy then Press ESC Key and Exit the game.

Launch the original 32 bit version of the game and play as normal.

For the record I have rolled back drivers, complete removal of drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the game even deleting all related folders left over from uninstall with no luck. Never had an issue with this game until the failed update occurred. This is the procedure I use every time to start and play the game now. Hope it works for you.

• =[R]=ChairForce=[R]=ChairForce Posts: 2Player
    edited August 17
    m_hermann wrote: »
    try the radeon drivers from february

Already tried that with no luck, forgot to add that to the list of crap I’ve done.
    Ever since the failed update I have not been able to load any map or connect to any of the servers until I perform the following.

Launch Steam and login

Launch the 64bit version of the game located -->> "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win64\AAGame.exe"

Press the Tilde key to open the game console and load the following map by typing in the console

open FLO_Overload_C4 and press the Enter key *note* ( I choose this map due to LARGE map size )

For the record I have rolled back drivers, complete removal of drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled the game even deleting all related folders left over from uninstall with no luck. Never had an issue with this game until the failed update occurred. This is the procedure I use every time to start and play the game now. Hope it works for you.

I did get into the 64 bit version but it doesn’t let me login. But I didn’t try to open any maps, I’ll try that.

Launch Steam and login

I did get into the 64 bit version but it doesn’t let me login. But I didn’t try to open any maps, I’ll try that.

Curious to know if it worked for you. Let us know.
    edited August 17
    I did go into my system and had windows check all my drivers to verify they were up-to-date. Then I opened the game and minimized it, then crtl-alt-del and set the priority for AA to High. That got me into the server and game time on 6 maps before it crashed again. So I’m slowly making progress as before I couldn’t even load a server.

I haven’t tried the other fix yet, I’ll do that next. I just want to make sure I’m still getting it before I tried it after everything mentioned above…. So I know it’s still a problem. I’ll let you know tomorrow when I get back on.
    no didnt work for me
  • SL(R)_Wuast94SL(R)_Wuast94 Posts: 1Player
    have the same problem with an amd rx 6900 xt
    edited August 18

Well good news is, it’s not specific to just AMD GPU’s. However, I’ve talked with a bunch of people and it seems most have an ASUS motherboard.

I’m going to look around in the BIOS and see if there is anything that could be messing with it.

Well good news is, it’s not specific to just AMD GPU’s. However, I’ve talked with a bunch of people and it seems most have an ASUS motherboard.

I’m going to look around in the BIOS and see if there is anything that could be messing with it.

im having an asus x570 prime pro, so a ASUS but would be strange if thats the problem, if it helps, i only have stock settings and "XMP" loaded in bios and all up to date, Ryzen 3700x.
    and the sad thing is that this bug dont get fixed .. its arround for years now :/ and i never saw any comment on this from a dev :/
    Only other suggestion I would have is to set your Video Shader Quality to LOW instead of HIGH in the AAPG Video Settings. Most of the Unreal Engine Out of Memory errors refer to Shader issues.
  • [soldier][soldier] Posts: 171Player
    During yesterday's stream it was mentioned that anyone experiencing this problem should put in a trouble ticket as they are investigating a fix.
    Only other suggestion I would have is to set your Video Shader Quality to LOW instead of HIGH in the AAPG Video Settings. Most of the Unreal Engine Out of Memory errors refer to Shader issues.

I’ve put all settings to low… I literally have it on the crappiest settings and still experience this. I rolled my GPU drivers back to March of 2020 and got in for some play, bout 2 hours until I got it again. But when ever I get it, I can’t just reload I have to restart.
  • July2020July2020 Posts: 6Player
    This worked for me (no more memory errors):

1- ALWAYS go to Explore and select a map
    2- From inside the map, select Browser
    3- Click Online server
    4- All is good
    Recently I started to get it as well, and noticed it's not system related but game related. The way I fix it is very simple really, when my game crashes this is what I do.

- Start the game up
    - Go to training, and select any map.
    - Once in the map, press ESC and find a server in the browser.
    - Play the game, problem solved.

It's most likely a render/caching issue the game has when joining a server sometimes.

yeah, but doesn't work for me. I've literally tried everything. I'm just going to hang it up until they fix the error...or just never play it again. I've wasted too much of my life trying to get the game to run.

July2020 wrote: »
    This worked for me (no more memory errors):

1- ALWAYS go to Explore and select a map
    2- From inside the map, select Browser
    3- Click Online server
    4- All is good
    Recently I started to get it as well, and noticed it's not system related but game related. The way I fix it is very simple really, when my game crashes this is what I do.

- Start the game up
    - Go to training, and select any map.
    - Once in the map, press ESC and find a server in the browser.
    - Play the game, problem solved.

It's most likely a render/caching issue the game has when joining a server sometimes.

• Tal256Tal256 Posts: 4Player
    This went away for my for awhile but not it's back. So fricken annoying.
    Yeah only happens with my new 12gb 2021 GPU. The game works perfectly with my 2gb 2013 GPU.
    so even with the update the newer card still doesnt work right. I crashed once lastnight playing games, but only once. Tonight I've crashed 6 times, turned off literally everything running it on the crappiest of settings and still constantly crashing. Even underclocking the GPU dramatically, nothing seems to work.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    One of our clan members had the same he set back his graphics driver to the oldest he could find and it worked for him maybe give it a try see if it works for you.
    gKQ6BB2.png