Running out of video memory

Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
Dear friends, back to this game after 4 years.
Sometimes when I play, it crashes with "running out of video memory". I have a gtx 1650 with 4GB, so don't think the issue is on my side. Others have also reported the same issue.
How can I fix this?

Comments

• -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 250Player
    If the VRAM becomes saturated ( if the game has to put more data in the video memory than the physical size of the memory) the video card unloads part of the load on the system memory: This however slows down the performance, as the video RAM is much faster than to the system one. In theory, RAM and VRMA therefore do not add up, unless there is a need. Usually the video card reserves a space of system RAM, which however is used when the vrma is full and not under normal use conditions. It's kind of like paging. The data that is not in the RAM is put into a virtual RAM on the HARD DISK, but this does NOT have to happen, it is exceptional ,
  • BiedraBiedra Posts: 6Player
    If the VRAM becomes saturated ( if the game has to put more data in the video memory than the physical size of the memory) the video card unloads part of the load on the system memory: This however slows down the performance, as the video RAM is much faster than to the system one. In theory, RAM and VRMA therefore do not add up, unless there is a need. Usually the video card reserves a space of system RAM, which however is used when the vrma is full and not under normal use conditions. It's kind of like paging. The data that is not in the RAM is put into a virtual RAM on the HARD DISK, but this does NOT have to happen, it is exceptional ,

Okay, but the VRAM shouldn't become saturated when there is 4 GB of VRAM. I try to run this game on the lowest settings possible (can't seem to change the resolution so I'm stuck to the native one) and often hit below 60fps on Innerhospital. I have 24 GB of RAM, i7 6th generation and a rx 480 nitro with 4 gb vram. Strange how I get 150+fps in recent games but can't seem to get 60 in aapg.

Please help the radeon.
    give it a try, try to clear the paging file on shutdown automatically
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    its may not actually be vram, there's an error in the error. It's ram inaccessible
    running 32 bit windows?
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 307Player
    roll back to the last video when your game was working.its happing me to and i roll back that last update
  • -=I-Tal-Man=-[OFDC]-=I-Tal-Man=-[OFDC] Posts: 5Player
    so tired of this error.
  • Bashar_al-AssadBashar_al-Assad Posts: 580Player
    m_hermann wrote: »
    its may not actually be vram, there's an error in the error. It's ram inaccessible
    running 32 bit windows?

Do you mean this game is 32 bit? Is there a 64bit version?
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    running 32 bit windows?

I meant to ask what version of windows are you running? A 32 bit operating system can only address 2 GB of RAM (or VRAM)
    this is nice question :)
    running 32 bit windows?

I meant to ask what version of windows are you running? A 32 bit operating system can only address 2 GB of RAM (or VRAM)

My Windows 10 is 64bit.
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    Biedra wrote: »

Okay, but the VRAM shouldn't become saturated when there is 4 GB of VRAM. I try to run this game on the lowest settings possible (can't seem to change the resolution so I'm stuck to the native one) and often hit below 60fps on Innerhospital. I have 24 GB of RAM, i7 6th generation and a rx 480 nitro with 4 gb vram. Strange how I get 150+fps in recent games but can't seem to get 60 in aapg.

Please help the radeon.

Well, it's not really strange to get low FPS in AAPG. Specially on InnerHospital, the map designs are bad rendering stuff you never see while playing eating away performance for no reason. Now I don't get the error a lot, but I do get it when I spam click my way into a server and get into a team as fast as possible. Basically not giving the game the time to render everything properly. I've been telling them for a while now the way they are rendering stuff in-game are giving weird issues, one is the out of memory message.
    No one else here in the forums having this issue? This keeps happening and others have said the same in chat
  • -=I-Tal-Man=-[OFDC]-=I-Tal-Man=-[OFDC] Posts: 5Player
    I constantly have this issue. This used to be a problem with just custom maps/servers. The solution used to be you would go into an Official Server and then move to a custom server. Now it's happening on every server, custom or official. It's frustrating as [TOS Violation].