Require all new joiners to go through basic training

I've noticed a looooot of new joiners start playing online and have no idea what they are doing and have no idea how to use weapons and end up blowing up friendly or shooting friendly.
I think it would be a good idea if like AA2, require everyone to go through basic training before able to join online.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,621Beta Tester
    Back in 2002, in the first archived forum, people actually helped each other out, instead of complaining about new guys. One of the reasons AA2 is so loved is because of the memory of that long-gone community....

______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 792Administrator
    I think its too late in this game to for new accounts to be forced into a game tutorial however I do agree with you -=Cpt.America=-. This could reduce frustration for many players. However I guess the best thing to do is as Keebler750 mentioned that you can communicate with them using the text or viop method letting them know that there is a tutorial they can go back to to learn the basic functions or by instruction on site in the server. You can only hope that they understand the language you are communicating.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    In this day and age, the players who have no idea how to use weapons or who blow teammates up are either:

a) Doing it intentionally under the guise of being new
    b) Truly brand new to FPS gameplay

AAPG is a relatively simple game to sit down and begin playing, particularly on PC (which I see is what you play). Point, click. Default keys are fairly standard across all FPS games, and AAPG is no exception. WASD, space bar, 1 2 3 4 across the top. Only things to figure out are crouch and prone, and maybe a hard lesson or two tossing a nade.

If they're truly new, try to help em out. I remember when I started playing AA1, I was completely clueless yet I didn't blow my teammates up. But what got me to stick around was I got invited to a TS server and some big beefy 30 honor showed me the Radio Tower and Mountain Pass ropes. The community is what makes the game, so perhaps try to reach out and help a new guy out. You may cultivate a friendship and develop another AA lifelong fan.
  • BhoostinBhoostin Posts: 3Player
    ~Gorilla~ wrote: »
    I think its too late in this game to for new accounts to be forced into a game tutorial however I do agree with you -=Cpt.America=-. This could reduce frustration for many players. However I guess the best thing to do is as Keebler750 mentioned that you can communicate with them using the text or viop method letting them know that there is a tutorial they can go back to to learn the basic functions or by instruction on site in the server. You can only hope that they understand the language you are communicating.

instead of making them you should do some what of a SBMM
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 378Player
    In all honesty, the BCT/tutorial that players can do in AA:PG wouldn't make much of a difference. It's just too basic and elementary to turn noobs into killing-machines. The OP says that many new players have no idea how to use the weapons, and by that I think he means use them effectively? Imo, that's something you learn through experience, which for most will mean plenty of matches played and mistakes made.

As others have pointed out, giving new guys pointers/tips will help them improve at the game faster.

Army SROTC Cadet

P0asKE2.jpg
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0^ Posts: 854Player
    I mean wouldn't mind having the medic locked behind training like in AA2.
  • DistinctionDistinction Posts: 61Beta Tester
    L0rdDamian wrote: »
    I mean wouldn't mind having the medic locked behind training like in AA2.

I absolutely loved the medic gameplay in AA2. "Medic!!" "Medic on the way!" and the icon on the minimap. Many features of AA2 like that were very appealing. I'd love to see that and others come back in AA:V
    Steve / Oathkeeper
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 302Player
    well i lay up this in other topic but admin or dev never move this in here so i lay up this now :)

• [-THO-]-=$pud$=-[-THO-]-=$pud$=- Posts: 13Player
    H.E.A.T. wrote: »
    well i lay up this in other topic but admin or dev never move this in here so i lay up this now :)

Wow, that brings back so many happy memories.

All The Best
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 302Player
    H.E.A.T. wrote: »

Wow, that brings back so many happy memories.

All The Best
    yee i remeber first time when i play and that was so hard but then i learn the guns and pistols.but should be nice to see this traning at aa5

• Honestly i agree with the training before people are allowed to play. It really does help with the game play. I do agree we need to help the new people. We need to be a community again.

I miss the old AA 2 things like opening the door a crack so opfor can't walk through. I miss pressing m to call medic and a medic being able to help. I miss my honour that i lost because AA decided to close all the servers