Fix Shadows

BudgetGamer216TTVBudgetGamer216TTV Posts: 2Player
edited January 20 in General Discussion
Not my Shadow

Comments

• Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 337Player
    This has been an issues since at least AA2, if not AA1. Gonna press X for doubt if they will fix it 6 years after release.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Server owners can switch them off
    When false all character shadows for all clients are forced off
    bDefaultShadowsAllowed=false
    On many maps shadows show through the walls and floors until this is fixed we have them switch off on our servers.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    In an old thread, someone said this is an engine limitation. So I doubt that we could count on a fix at this point.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    In an old thread, someone said this is an engine limitation. So I doubt that we could count on a fix at this point.
    It is a engine issue, its "fixable" as long as you find every gap one pixel or bigger.
    You could probably overlap textures, but that could potentially trigger other issues(like z-fighting)
    so the conclusion was that its not worth the effort outside of making it a server setting to turn off shadows
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • SL_zOmbiSL_zOmbi Posts: 124Player
    brave players put shadows off in general :pleased:
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 307Player
    edited January 25
    well DZ|Irish mean me becouse we was playing and he saw my shadows from wall and i think that are bug but he did it again i stand at same place and he was ther and kill me???he say at he never saw my shadows 2 times??