Automatically ban for the round jump and shoot players

phil.svphil.sv Posts: 35Player
edited December 2020 in Game Support
In almost every european server "jump and shoot" is NOT allowed.

But several players do it anyhow, and in the chat you often can read: "Don't junmp and shoot !!!!".

Now, I am a programmer (not of games) and I ask to myself: is so difficult (I don't think so) to ban for the round programmatically players that soot while them are jumping, simply cheching a check box in the admin options???

Comments

• ~Gorilla~~Gorilla~ Posts: 793Administrator
    You can NOT jump and shoot at the same time. You can only shoot when the avatar's collision has landed. However jumping to avoid fire and firing right after is a strategy that will never decease. Also I do not see this ever being an option in the admin menu.
  • SL_zOmbiSL_zOmbi Posts: 124Player
    In alot of eurpean server "camp" and "run the flag" or "playing the actual game" is NOT allowed.

But seve.....

index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 624Beta Tester
    It would be possible technically, yes. But probably not as easy as it sounds.

Gorilla is right: you cannot jump and shoot at the same time. You can only shoot after you landed. Latency and animations sometimes can cause that you see the enemy shooting before he touches the ground - but on he screen he has already landed.

I don't think such a thing should ever be implemented as an official admin tool.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • In a few months they want us to stand still so these bad players can finally win something.
    I dont think this is a "bad players" problem. Its more about ignorant players who think movement is something bad.
    AAPG have such a nice movementkit, but just a minority of all players know how to use it. Serveradmins should not try to limit it, its like to forbid greeens... It dont work.

Some kind of enlightenment in form of a video or what ever could be helpfull :)
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • [DFekt].L.D.50[DFekt].L.D.50 Posts: 37Player
    SL_zmB. wrote: »
    I dont think this is a "bad players" problem. Its more about ignorant players who think movement is something bad.
    AAPG have such a nice movementkit, but just a minority of all players know how to use it. Serveradmins should not try to limit it, its like to forbid greeens... It dont work.

Some kind of enlightenment in form of a video or what ever could be helpfull :)

While not ALL the players of these groups scream "NO JUMPING" some of the group admins are big into this stupid rule and when they're placed on a map OTHER than InnerHospital they choke harder than Piper Perri. Majority of the players who scream it are running lower tier systems that can't handle shadows OR don't have a high refresh rate monitor.
    RpylfC7.gif
    Owner/Leader - DFekt Gaming
    Thats true. Like in all other FPS Games, a high refreshrate monitor can help react to fast movements. But this is not really speacial anymore, 144hz is not much more expensive. And most rigs should be able to run enough fps in army.

Funfact: Often those "no jump" screamers are the same guys who say that you cant see more than 30 fps.
    index.php?soldier=zOmbi-
  • -inTel.kinDIACT-inTel.kinDIACT Posts: 40Player
    all I say is gitgud kid. Most of the time when someone says "YOU SHOT MID AIR YOU ARE HACKING" they are retarded. The client side to this game is utter garbage like pretty much the whole game is. Ping comes into play since there is a delay on client and ping side so the player model doesn't register as quick. Dead game Dead dreams.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 172Player
    Sorry to say, but my frame rate is 200. I do play with a high end computer, but i see also some strange things with jump and shooting. I play this game from the very beginning, but 2 days ago i did see this very strange jump and shoot. I hope some of them would play on one of my servers while demorec is on. Maybe then ..... Oh, by the way, i have a few bans on my servers, kicked by punkbuster because of using hacks. So in fact it could be possible that some do use a new hack. It could be ..
    Sorry to say, but my frame rate is 200. I do play with a high end computer, but i see also some strange things with jump and shooting. I play this game from the very beginning, but 2 days ago i did see this very strange jump and shoot. I hope some of them would play on one of my servers while demorec is on. Maybe then ..... Oh, by the way, i have a few bans on my servers, kicked by punkbuster because of using hacks. So in fact it could be possible that some do use a new hack. It could be ..

I seriously doubt that a hack could enable jumping and shooting. I think these events are related to networking, latency, and slightly misleading animations. By the latter I mean, that (if I remember correctly) the enemy can shoot when his toes touch the ground, not when he has fully landed.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 733Player
    Ah, the only negative of playing in the EU. I lived there from 17-19 and got the ban hammer in many many servers for breaking their bunny hopping rule. Unfortunately, it's so natural that it's very difficult to just stop.

In the NA, it's not so much of an offense though you'll still get the occasional person who ribs you about it. I'm back in the EU now, this time for 3 years, and I look forward to the multilingual moans right before I'm banned. :)

But no, please never make it a server option. That's crazy. If the Devs want to punish it, increase sway immediately after landing for a period of time.
  • ^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^^MAROFEL.ANDR!C0-TTV^ Posts: 854Player
    edited January 15
    2000, people praised those who managed the kill some one in a nice strafe jump.
    2021, people ban those who have the guts to jump around corners or spam crouch.
  • -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 250Player
    those who give the ban for a jump / shoot, should be forbidden to turn on the PC, or the purchase of a server. I would say these people deserve to play alone.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    Lets be honest AA is a recruitment tool i would ask anyone in the US army, in training is jumping and shooting and spam crouching part of the training I don't think so. The only sensible thing i have seen posted here is "If the Devs want to punish it, increase sway immediately after landing for a period of time".The dev's are never going to remove the ability to do it so this would be the best thing they could do.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    "anti movement players" has always been a issue in the game and the "realism" argument is the strongest card, but that one is really moot as its a game, on pc, played with mouse and keyboard without any bio feedback so it cant be realistic anyway, at best authentic.
    (and yes, i ignored the consoles totally this time as i know nothing about how that plays)

Jumping has never worked the way some players think it does, its just a target not being in the location you shoot at, theres no hitbox distortion, no shooting while in the air etc..
    ss_4_frankof.png
    edited January 15
    Lets be honest AA is a recruitment tool i would ask anyone in the US army, in training is jumping and shooting and spam crouching part of the training I don't think so.

Yeah... Because the usage of the M24 sniper rifle at less than 10 meters is totally standard practice. So is a headshot or getting blown up by a grenade being healed by a roll of toilet paper. /sarcasm

Realism is broken on so many levels in games...

IMO a recruitment tool only needs to connect positive feelings with the army (ie a fun to play game), not portray a realistic experience.

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    Lets be honest AA is a recruitment tool i would ask anyone in the US army, in training is jumping and shooting and spam crouching part of the training I don't think so.

Yeah... Because the usage of the M24 sniper rifle at less than 10 meters is totally standard practice. So is a headshot or getting blown up by a grenade being healed by a roll of toilet paper. /sarcasm

Realism is broken on so many levels in games...

IMO a recruitment tool only needs to connect positive feelings with the army (ie a fun to play game), not portray a realistic experience.
    You forgot cookin' nades, reloading saw standing/walking, picking up enemy weapons etc...
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,518Player
    edited January 15
    Maybe it went wrong some where
    AMERICA'S ARMY

Funded by the Army Marketing and Research Group, America's Army, the official game of the U.S. Army, delivers an authentic and entertaining Army experience by reflecting the values, training, technology, skills, and career advancement of a United States Army Soldier. Rated T for Teen, the game features authentic weapons and technologies, realistic training and exciting gameplay missions.
    But my point was to the players if you are or was in the army would you learn to jump and shoot.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • -=[DISF]=-Max-=[DISF]=-Max Posts: 250Player
    they are just excuses to justify the policy by serial banners and polemicers. the game is like this, one button to shoot, one to run, one to jump, one to crouch. Don't you want people not to jump or kneel? on the official servers nobody opens their mouths and nobody gets banned so .... have fun!
  • MewtwoMewtwo Posts: 307Player
    WOW Merlin good to see you out here:)i miss your server i never see that more??Yes that are hack in jump and fire and i have test at jump and fire at same times and that not working for me.When i see one how jump i try to kill them in air LOL and then i hear at they say fu hacker to me hahahaha guess at they have on and thats why they say it.)but the is not the pc or the Ram becouse i have test it white my old pc and is not at your new one or if you upgrade your old pc.)i have test it and not working.but at you say hacks.)
    TY at i see you in here Merlin good job