AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 717Player
    Perhaps an idea that also fits the battle royal theme of a shrinking playspace could focus around objectives. You must secure the bomb within x amount of time, then you must enter a particular area to complete the 2nd part of the objective before the round ends. Keeps the game objective focused (combats camping) while also appealing to the shrinking combat area genre.

.....With a slew of fully customizable options though for server owners (to restrict the zones, to not restrict the zones)
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 797Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    Perhaps an idea that also fits the battle royal theme of a shrinking playspace could focus around objectives. You must secure the bomb within x amount of time, then you must enter a particular area to complete the 2nd part of the objective before the round ends. Keeps the game objective focused (combats camping) while also appealing to the shrinking combat area genre.

.....With a slew of fully customizable options though for server owners (to restrict the zones, to not restrict the zones)

I like your vision, but this would make the game arcade again and more battle royal.
    It would kill the game before it even reach beta version.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 595Beta Tester
    doogle! wrote: »

I like your vision, but this would make the game arcade again and more battle royal.
    It would kill the game before it even reach beta version.

It doesn't have to be Battle Royale. I can imagine different kind of implementations, not just a shrinking circle.
    If implemented well, it could probably make the game better. An extreme example: as an attacker on Bridge you couldn't camp your spawn tower to protect your K/D. This could save a lot of annoying waiting time.

But IMO this strongly depends on the implementation, as you have to balance between giving players freedom and making them do what they are supposed to do (play the objective). It might not be feasible on many maps.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    If bridge is an example, using the objective where you have to make it to the other side to extract, maybe at a certain time into a round, it becomes dynamic and a helicopter extraction at the middle of bridge, with the ladder or rope moving at different points around the mid tower or top of tower, whatever. Save your smokes/fogs! There are plenty of flaws with that too, but just to further the conversation.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • ^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^^MAROFEL.Arkeiro^ Posts: 768Player
    Keep it simple lol. For that to be well implemented would require way more work and every map to be built arround that and not arround "a well designed map" for balancing purposes (defense and assault team balances, good lanes, cover etc).

If I wanted to play a BR type of game I would install a different game.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • ddra-ddra- Posts: 454Player
    edited June 2
    Hey all - just checking in to see if there’s been any development to a new game. Looks like nothing to see so far. Hope everyone is doing well. See you all on the next one, if it ever comes.

-DZADragon.iNv
    Fragmovie 6 | iNv Discord
    FGNL Season 1 Champions
    FN Season 2 & 4 Champions
    If you're so pushy just make your own ddra.

Oh wait nvm. Yea pretty quiet around here.
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 141Beta Tester
    edited June 4
    Imagine they make the next one SOCOM style :scream:

--

In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,155Player
    ddra- wrote: »
    Hey all - just checking in to see if there’s been any development to a new game. Looks like nothing to see so far. Hope everyone is doing well. See you all on the next one, if it ever comes.

-DZADragon.iNv

All we got was a twitter post a couple months ago saying that they're working on AA5. Short of that, radio silence.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • `xinoN`xinoN Posts: 359Player
    AA5 is going to be something along the lines of the new Netflix show "Space Force". You heard it from me first. :p
    Oh well.
    `xinoN wrote: »
    AA5 is going to be something along the lines of the new Netflix show "Space Force". You heard it from me first. :p

We already have enough Brad's in the community, so it might be :lol:
  • Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 643Player
    Hmm... the majority of those maps aren't on PS4, but if that's the case then the best alternative would be decreasing the overall number of rounds in a match. Instead of a best of 11, we could have a best of 7 or 5. (Which would give much quicker matches). I also think the timer could still vary with each map. Small map = less time; Big map = more time.

This is the case on PC. We have BDX (up to 6v6) maps like Spring Street, Lockdown and Crossfire as well as BDX versions of bigger maps like Red Line or Watchdog (with the available map space shrunk to compensate). Those maps usually run for a minute shorter rounds than the FLO (up to 12v12) maps. With PC having dedicated servers, admins can adjust the BDX and FLO round times in the settings. I believe the changes apply to every map in each category, and there isn't a way to adjust each map's times individually.

Every PS4 map is 8v8, right?
  • AAL.RamboAAL.Rambo Posts: 69Player
    edited June 11
    Hi!
    I think that one of the most important things in the new game has to be about new players.There must be the possibility of a place or server only for new players. Because you have to think for the last 3 years in this game, it is very difficult for new players to play this game because the majority of players out there now are players with long hours so its more and more hard new players continue playing. And the new players are the reason for that one game not died.
  • Twitchr.Carbon8Twitchr.Carbon8 Posts: 307Player
    Is the dev team mostly working from home? Also, are any "behind the scenes" videos discussed, or in the plans like there was for previous versions?
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 84Player
    Is the dev team mostly working from home? Also, are any "behind the scenes" videos discussed, or in the plans like there was for previous versions?

We have literally no information on the new game.

Every PS4 map is 8v8, right?
    Yes
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 461Player
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    We have literally no information on the new game.

Incorrect. It is being worked on.

Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 84Player
    True lol
    AAL.Rambo wrote: »
    Hi!
    I think that one of the most important things in the new game has to be about new players.There must be the possibility of a place or server only for new players. Because you have to think for the last 3 years in this game, it is very difficult for new players to play this game because the majority of players out there now are players with long hours so its more and more hard new players continue playing. And the new players are the reason for that one game not died.

When I started to play FPS games 20+ years ago, I got my behind kicked so hard and so much it made me the player that I am today. We didn't had rookie servers, which was a good thing. It made me use my head instead of running around like a mad man. It's better to play against some one 20 times better then you instead of fighting to equal skill, that's the only way people will learn to adapt their gamestyle and learn from their mistakes.

And just one small correction, it's not the new players that keeping this game alive. It's all the AA veterans that just can't let go of this title even with the horrible version we had like AA3.
  • KnuckleDusterKnuckleDuster Posts: 26Player
    Hi!

When I started to play FPS games 20+ years ago, I got my behind kicked so hard and so much it made me the player that I am today. We didn't had rookie servers, which was a good thing. It made me use my head instead of running around like a mad man. It's better to play against some one 20 times better then you instead of fighting to equal skill, that's the only way people will learn to adapt their gamestyle and learn from their mistakes.

And just one small correction, it's not the new players that keeping this game alive. It's all the AA veterans that just can't let go of this title even with the horrible version we had like AA3.

Yeah but servers were so full you could hardly get in back then and most kids today have no patience for learning by fire. They don't stick around. I do agree with you though. Even if they had low lvl servers people would just make new accounts to slaughter them anyways.

Hi!

Rambo has a point. If the player count allows, they need a safe space to learn a bit w/o getting stomped down by people who've been playing the AA series for 15 years. Or maybe there's 10 games of bots they have to play against. Idk. But I cannot even imagine jumping into a game of AAPG against some of the monsters out there if I had zero to no FPS experience.