Will the devs NEVEr fix the "ran out of video memory" -bug ????

DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 21Player
I know,asked it some weeks ago. BUT DEVS DO NOTHING TO FIX IT!!!!!! And many other players have the same bug,it is NOT the players(or their system) fault!

And in the steam-forum you can it read too! I asked in the gamechat too and there many players have the problem too.

And what do the devs? Yes,absolute nothing ! The devs exiast over a year (perhaps years,dot sure).

Very very poor not to fix such gamebreaker-bug. So often game crashes after mapchanges.

Most time it crashes on inner hospital and uptown and only very very rare on custommaps.

Hope the devs will ever fix the bug and dont must wait for the next year(s).

Again so poor not to fix it !!!!!!
«1

Comments

  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 363Player
    There are plenty of bugs that have been in the game for years, some that may have existed since its launch. It's not necessarily that the developers are doing nothing to fix it -- it could just be low on the list of their priorities.

    They've said that they will continue to work on occasional updates (most likely hotfixes/patches), so it's quite possible that the bug may be fixed.
    4-yr ROTC Scholarship Recipient



    P0asKE2.jpg
  • DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 21Player
    When a game have such a crash-bug it must become the highest priority to fix it !!!!!!!!
  • DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 21Player
    DirtyShark wrote: »
    When a game have such a crash-bug it must become the highest priority to fix it !!!!!!!!

  • DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 21Player
    edited April 21
    Sry by mistake post 2 times !

  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 767Administrator
    Have you tried to make a report for support?

    https://www.americasarmy.com/support/game-technical

    I think if your able to play the game but only specific maps, then there might be an issue with your GC or how much Ram you have available to run the game. I would send in a report with a video of what you are experiencing.

    It is true that this game is not longer priority #1. However if you do a quick google server you can see that this sort of issue has nothing to do with the 'game'.

    https://windowstechies.com/-/en/filename-gen/?file=Video Memory&gclid=CjwKCAjwkPX0BRBKEiwA7THxiPMvTIpbiyhOf4W7eDCEzk7a52-0s-IXRK2xEUwNxOhk4K9wPTgaexoCf78QAvD_BwE

    You can try to update our drivers. Also what kind of video card are you running?

    Have you tried this?
    1.) Click on the start menu then write in cmd, right click onto it and run as administrator.
    2.)Write in the following command bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072, click enter and then restart your computer
  • DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 21Player
    I will not try this all. My computer is good enough and with win 10 and 16 gig ram ,graficcard have 6 gig ram all the ram is high enough.
    And no other game make such problem....arma3 for example is a "system-eater" but no problems there.
    I play (as an older player) a very long time PC-games and i know very well how to configure a system.

    And i will not install an external prgram o nly for 1 buggy optimized game !!!!!!!

    So not i must search for the prblem,the devs must do it. And very laughable too : In the gamechat another player say he kave a "NASA"-Pc with 32 gig ram and a highend-graficcard (forget the name,bui it was a very good/expensive card). And what happens to him? Lool the same sh.. crash with the biggest message ever "not enough video-ram".

    So many other have the same problem. And so all the problems is O N L Y the game fault and N O t the players fault.

    But sry,very typical to give such "guides" for the players when a game is so buggy.

    Fact is only americas army is buggy and you can play EVERY other game without such idiotic crash with "not enough videon-memory". The devs do absolute nothing to fix it.

    And it is a impudence togive such useless workouts for the player and the player must try to repair the game.

    The bug exist for more than a year (i mean for years but not 100% sure). But to do nothing to fix is a very big shame !!!!!
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    edited April 21
    This game was not build for W10, and will not be optimized for W10 at this stage duo the fact that they are more focused on the next game in their FPS series and their other games/software that they're developing.

    Make sure you have all Drivers updated, that you have the full DX9 library on your system. And if you are using a Ryzen CPU check if the RAM chipset is supported. Also use Gorilla's guid to increase the RAM usage, which helped a lot of players that had this exact same issue.

    Making statements like "Only AA is buggy and all the other games are fine" will most likely get you ignored because it shows your expertise in games is very low and that your are just angry. So instead of flame posting and pointing fingers, make a constructive post asking for support by the players here that know how the games works from the inside out and can help you. Or make a support ticket where the dev's and support team will help you in the best way they can.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 216Player
    hey i did have it for 2 y but i fix it self just go back to your card update when aa works for you and dont update that tills you have other new update if that not work then stay in that driver when that works for you and turn off the update at your card
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,100Player
    win 10 mostly for this issue . win 7 rips off your hard drives automatically .
    heres a temp fix .
    follow the number values you see . i fudged the sound sorry all .
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,100Player
    remember if you get a windows update it may revert back to default values.
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 767Administrator
    edited April 21
    DirtyShark wrote: »
    I will not try this all. My computer is good enough and with win 10 and 16 gig ram ,graficcard have 6 gig ram all the ram is high enough.
    And no other game make such problem....arma3 for example is a "system-eater" but no problems there.
    I play (as an older player) a very long time PC-games and i know very well how to configure a system.

    And i will not install an external prgram o nly for 1 buggy optimized game !!!!!!!

    So not i must search for the prblem,the devs must do it. And very laughable too : In the gamechat another player say he kave a "NASA"-Pc with 32 gig ram and a highend-graficcard (forget the name,bui it was a very good/expensive card). And what happens to him? Lool the same sh.. crash with the biggest message ever "not enough video-ram".

    So many other have the same problem. And so all the problems is O N L Y the game fault and N O t the players fault.

    But sry,very typical to give such "guides" for the players when a game is so buggy.

    Fact is only americas army is buggy and you can play EVERY other game without such idiotic crash with "not enough videon-memory". The devs do absolute nothing to fix it.

    And it is a impudence togive such useless workouts for the player and the player must try to repair the game.

    The bug exist for more than a year (i mean for years but not 100% sure). But to do nothing to fix is a very big shame !!!!!

    I understand that you are upset and think this has nothing to do on your end. But clearly with other people being here saying that these are ways they fixed the issue you can see how this is not our game, but something on your end.

    Also you did not add any info on the questions I asked. Does not look like you really want any help. Good luck.

    Looks like there are A Lot of players playing with no issue to me.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    I understand that you are upset and think this has nothing to do on your end. But clearly with other people being here saying that these are ways they fixed the issue you can see how this is not our game, but something on your end.

    Also you did not add any info on the questions I asked. Does not look like you really want any help. Good luck.

    Looks like there are A Lot of players playing with no issue to me.
    A lot of players dont have video cards with +8GB of V-ram either, it mainly annoys players with higher end rigs that should run the game without issues, but dont.
    I have it at times, on some maps, and at some instances.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 767Administrator
    Time for an upgrade then :P
  • Tal256Tal256 Posts: 4Player
    I get this lots and it is getting much much worse the past couple of months. Basically every time overload is on it takes 3-4 goes to get it to work. Increasing the amount of maps it does it on too the past couple of weeks. Zero issues with other games. I've read through previous threads for this and jack all actual fixes and it has been around for years and seems overload has been a big one for it too so I don't think people can keep saying it's not the games fault.

    Win10, 3600x, x570, 1660, 32gb ram
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 767Administrator
    To be honest I also have had this issue with a few maps. I swapped my gc and made a few tweaks after googling it and trying just about everything I could. But for me changing my gc was a huge result. I am wondering however if this has anything to do with amd cards. I use ADM. Does anyone else that has had this issue?
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    To be honest I also have had this issue with a few maps. I swapped my gc and made a few tweaks after googling it and trying just about everything I could. But for me changing my gc was a huge result. I am wondering however if this has anything to do with amd cards. I use ADM. Does anyone else that has had this issue?

    There is a possibility that its related to the AMD GPU's, we all know the famous flash freezes. I've had it one time on my old GPU which was the R7 370, but never had it on my NVIDIA GPU's. And you can forget asking support at AMD, tried 3 times and all 3 times they just completely ignored me.

    Tal256 wrote: »
    I get this lots and it is getting much much worse the past couple of months. Basically every time overload is on it takes 3-4 goes to get it to work. Increasing the amount of maps it does it on too the past couple of weeks. Zero issues with other games. I've read through previous threads for this and jack all actual fixes and it has been around for years and seems overload has been a big one for it too so I don't think people can keep saying it's not the games fault.

    Win10, 3600x, x570, 1660, 32gb ram

    What brand RAM are you using in your system, Ryzen 5's are known for RAM chipset compatibility issues which in return can cause system crashes in worst case scenario.
  • DirtySharkDirtyShark Posts: 21Player
    What all the blind fanboys here is absolute nonsense!!! Look for example in the steam forum: More and more players report the fu..... bug !!!!


    But sure your "holy" game is not bugged and only players fault with all the crashes !!!!!
  • --JR----JR-- Posts: 25Player
    edited April 23
    After the last windows update I get this error after every map load now... can't even play anymore....
    Might as well just uninstall at this point....

    16GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX980
  • OICURMT!OICURMT! Posts: 146Beta Tester
    edited April 23
    --JR-- wrote: »
    After the last windows update I get this error after every map load now...

    Interesting... I got this after a KB update back in January. I rolled it back and it worked again. Waited until the March update (KB4551762). Everything updated and works fine.

    I've got an update waiting now, but have delayed it by a week. Maybe I'll load it up and see if I get the error again.

    --

    In life, there is no respawn... why should there be in a game?
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    There is a possibility that its related to the AMD GPU's, we all know the famous flash freezes. I've had it one time on my old GPU which was the R7 370, but never had it on my NVIDIA GPU's. And you can forget asking support at AMD, tried 3 times and all 3 times they just completely ignored me.
    GTX1080 is suffering from this(not flash freeze)

    ss_4_frankof.png
Sign In or Register to comment.