Game Update - 12.17.2019

13»

Comments

• H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 192Player
    Hi - just some more feedback about my testing with the 64bit version.

Let's start with the good news first - for me the 64bit version is more stable than the 32bit version.

BUT - there are other bits:
    1# Less server in the "Server Browser" list --> looks to me - just 64bit servers will be shown up. You still can add the IP of the server and will be connected, but after about one or two mins, PunkBuster is kicking you out (see message below).
    2# Not sure what are the right settings for PunkBuster. I tried what "[!ReDRuM!]Damian" mentioned (see picture below) .
    -a-> On the official AAPG server there is no difference if you copy over the PB folder from WIN32 to WIN64. On my test, I was still able to play on the official AAPG server without changing anything - just by using the 64bit client.
    -b-> As mentioned under "1#", independent if I copy the PB folder or not, on the 32bit servers I got kicked after one or two mins.
    -c-> Than I tested a 64bit server from the "Server browser" list. And again, for me was no difference if I had copied the PB folder or not. Both times I got kicked by PunkBuster.

My personal conclusion for the moment is, that the official AAPG server are not using PunkBuster or the configuration on the server itself is different.

Possible solutions - if the setup of the PunkBuster on official AAPG server is different - please share, so the client end does not need to change anything by using the 64bit client. Or we need to understand the needed changes on the client end to get PunkBuster working with 64bit client version. What would mean - a client update ;-)

Any help or feedback is welcome.
    hey its werd i was out yesterday at aapg 64 bit and i was never be kick at pb??but i saw at that was only 10-12 server at 64 bit.)

• -=312th=-T1.!^-=312th=-T1.!^ Posts: 2Player
    edited January 17
    Regarding the update, after a few weeks and having talked to a few players about what I experienced;

- Was movement speed reduced? Getting stuck on objects a lot, in places we are normally able to navigate with our monitors off or making quick moves that worked for years.

- Nades/Flashes/Smokes: When thrown are not visible half the time.
    - Players sliding/running: Disappear on my screen for a fraction of second on quick movements, in my case it happens mostly with players above 170.
    - Kills/Hits: Hitbox has been an ongoing issue and I don't blame anyone but since the update it seems to me that we gotta shoot slightly off target to hit someone. Tried multiple servers, different days with the same result. (Tried breaking a window, 2 first M4 full mags did not put a dent in that window, 3rd mag broke it clean).
    I thought it was lag related as the game has felt really laggy since this update but it feels more like what is done is not in synch with what is seen/done ingame rather than a lagging issue. Any input?

- Sounds: Was something changed? The depth seems off since the update. Own character movements and actions are a lot louder compared to actions happening at a distance. But also, enemy/friendly nade/flash pins have barely any depth to it, distance based on sound became harder to judge as there is quasi no difference.

The players I talked to are experiencing some of the same problems. So I figured I would ask here.
  • Vadder-BearVadder-Bear Posts: 26Player
    Hi H.E.A.T. - thank your for sharing your experience with us. Could you please share as well if you are using a WIN7 or WIN10 client. Could you also share, a server you tested wit success. Good would be if you could share as well if you have changed anything - or you just staring the 64bit client. Cold you please also check if you do have a folder under the WIN64 bit folder called PB.
    A good one for testing is the DISF server (not 64bit server) - details below.
    Thank you in advance
  • Vadder-BearVadder-Bear Posts: 26Player
    Quick feedback (as map-builder). Looks like that maps below 50MB with normal light/shadow works better than maps with more details. I reduced my map (lot mesh brick walls and many lights) from 69 to 47MB - by replacing the mesh objects into brush.
    Still hoping that the developer team is working on a fix - and/or get 64bit client working.
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 740Player
    edited January 21
    I've been running my server on the 64Bit client last couple days for testing, one major issue with running it that way is that PunkBuster will not work. Even though it says in the server info tab that PunkBuster is enabled, it is in fact not enabled. Which you can see as a player when entering that server and typing in console pb_ver. It shows your version, but the server version always returns 0.

I've tried a couple work arounds, but that didn't pay off. The Dev team needs to change that in the 64Bit client for us since they have the power to enabled it properly.

Players can use the 64Bit client to play, but will only see the 64Bit servers. You can play on those servers with out being kicked since there is no PunkBuster active. I don't recommand to use the 64Bit to play the game with, you will miss things like unable to chat in the server, no running pb, etc, etc. Plus there is not much difference if used for gameplay if it comes to performance, so far I can see it's only good for server use if you wan't to run a server with out PunkBuster. And it lowered player pings between 10/20 depending without doing any manual changes.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 192Player
    Hi H.E.A.T. - thank your for sharing your experience with us. Could you please share as well if you are using a WIN7 or WIN10 client. Could you also share, a server you tested wit success. Good would be if you could share as well if you have changed anything - or you just staring the 64bit client. Cold you please also check if you do have a folder under the WIN64 bit folder called PB.
    A good one for testing is the DISF server (not 64bit server) - details below.
    Thank you in advance
    win 10 64 bit.that was strangs when i was in ther i saw the DOT at punkbuster??so you mean at that not working when we see it??

• -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,129Beta Tester
    TL;DR

I did some testing and there seems to be GPU memory leak. GPU is spiking and causing the crashes.