FPS, Settings, and vision guide?

AvattaAvatta Posts: 2Player
edited January 16 in General Discussion
Hello all,

I tried to search the forum for this but no luck.
First I would like to ask for advice/guidance on how to maximize the FPS for AAPG. Assume I am an FPS noob and have no idea what I am talking about.

Second, I have played with a few friends and compared our vision ranges on maps such as FLO_Bridge_EX and if I am at the 3rd pillar right defensive side, I can only see up to the yellow line assault side. Some see me from assault side 3rd pillar and others from 2nd pillar, but to me, they are just fog. I have played with players who say the defensive side has the advantage of being at the 3rd pillar and seeing all the way back to assault tower. I have messed with the game gamma and computer brightness and none of this really changes. The only way I can see far is being up high and looking to the side and downward. This is a seriously unfair advantage people have on those like me and I would really appreciate guidance on leveling the playing field.

Thank you for your time and consideration!

I have an MSI laptop with an intel 8th gen i7-8750H, 16 GB of DDR 4 2400hz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, and 256 GB SSD HDD with Windows 10 and 1 TB slave drive. I play the game via Steam.

Comments

• [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 740Player
    You can unlock your frames inside AAEngine.ini, which can be found;
    \Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Config

You need to look for bSmoothFrameRate, MinSmoothedFrameRate and MaxSmoothedFrameRate. Please note, even though the developers allow you to change it, there are child run servers that will permanently ban for any ini changes because they don't know any better.

Your second part, its all about angles. The sooner you learn that, the better and more fun you will have. Except the accusations they start throwing at you :3
  • AvattaAvatta Posts: 2Player
    edited January 18
    Thanks for the prompt answers guys.
    @[!ReDRuM!]Damian , I will be sure to try it out. I know there is a difference in vision that needs to be addressed, photos to follow in another comment.
    For the FPS advice, I have opened all the files to look for what you mentioned and found nothing. Here is what I have, the photo below.

@ Gorilla, thank you for those links. The first one for fps was basic computer maintenance/settings. I need the advanced stuff for going above and beyond 60fps. The video was very informative, something I hadn't noticed before but still not quite what I was looking for. Photos to follow in another comment shortly.

image.png 69.5K
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,032Moderator
    google "tweak UE3 games".
    Theres very few decent guides for this game, most are written by clueless players telling you to edit stuff for the editor etc.
    And ignore bridge, the fog volume is broken.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 740Player
    edited January 21
    You will find them inside AAEngine.ini, edit file, use Ctrl+F to find the following.
    (see picture)