Game Update - 12.17.2019

Comments

• jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 87Player
    edited December 2019
    SeVn.ras7 wrote: »
    Can't you guys write in the patch notes all the stuff that you added / changed to the game? Seems like we have to discover new stuff by ourselves.
    Plus when are we getting a real update? I mean new guns, maps, bug fixes of some bugs that are there since day 1 etc... we don't really need skins for the weapons.

FEATURES:
    - Added M17 and SCAR challenges
    - Added M17 and SCAR weapon skins for weapon challenge completion rewards
    -- These challenges SHOULD BE working. I.e., if you are completing challenges for these weapons, they are being tracked, but not reflected to the player view/menu. Try that weapon skin anyway. We are working to get that plugged in.
    - Adjusted weapon damage output for SCAR (Remember those 1-shots? A thing of the past.)

FIXES:
    - AK107 rate of fire reduced
    - Reaction map updates

Frag out!
    - vnillaWafer
  • SeVn.ras7SeVn.ras7 Posts: 11Player
    jgvn11 wrote: »
    Can't you guys write in the patch notes all the stuff that you added / changed to the game? Seems like we have to discover new stuff by ourselves.
    Plus when are we getting a real update? I mean new guns, maps, bug fixes of some bugs that are there since day 1 etc... we don't really need skins for the weapons.

FEATURES:
    - Added M17 and SCAR challenges
    - Added M17 and SCAR weapon skins for weapon challenge completion rewards
    -- These challenges SHOULD BE working. I.e., if you are completing challenges for these weapons, they are being tracked, but not reflected to the player view/menu. Try that weapon skin anyway. We are working to get that plugged in.
    - Adjusted weapon damage output for SCAR (Remember those 1-shots? A thing of the past.)

FIXES:
    - AK107 rate of fire reduced
    - Reaction map updates

Frag out!
    - vnillaWafer

Nah they added other stuff that they didn't put there, like the new admin commands, don't make me look dumb while making yourself smart.
    ss_4_sevn.ras7.png
    edited December 2019
    Nah they added other stuff that they didn't put there, like the new admin commands, don't make me look dumb while making yourself smart.

Wow, or you could say, "thank you, but not what I was looking for. "

I copy and pasted from the post.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 200Player
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    V_NillaJ
    Community Manager

GBGangsta got pumped? :o
    1.jpg
  • SeVn.ras7 wrote: »

Not going to happen, they are more focused on their next game.
  • razor--mattrazor--matt Posts: 2Map Guru
    I have several video clips showing my pisol dont work. Please take time to look over them and let me know why. Ihave looked several times and cant figure it out. Look on youtube at American army pisol dont shoot .
  • SeVn.ras7SeVn.ras7 Posts: 11Player
    edited January 1

Okay, but even before they started developing (supposedly) the new game and before working on the PS4 version, we weren't getting as many updates we should've. Take any other FPS game you want, from AAA games to indie developers, there's at least an update a month and you can actually feel the changes they make, that doesn't happen here, we're lucky if we get an update a year!
    At least thats my opinion. On PC the player base decreased a lot throught the years, and that's again caused by lack of support by the devs.

I hope someone in the "high ranks" responds to me
    ss_4_sevn.ras7.png
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player

Okay, but even before they started developing (supposedly) the new game and before working on the PS4 version, we weren't getting as many updates we should've. Take any other FPS game you want, from AAA games to indie developers, there's at least an update a month and you can actually feel the changes they make, that doesn't happen here, we're lucky if we get an update a year!
    At least thats my opinion. On PC the player base decreased a lot throught the years, and that's again caused by lack of support by the devs.

And that will probably stay that way, AA is not like any other game. Specially if it comes to man power for the development of their games. It's only a small group compared to other AAA games man power and they've multiple games they work on at once with the same group. And it can always be worse, there are dev teams out there you would not believe it if you saw their products.
    It is also run by the US government lol
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 95Developer
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    V_NillaJ
    Community Manager

GBGangsta got pumped? :o

I'm going to be completely honest, and say that I have no idea what that means.

We are a relatively small studio, and our support is dedicated to a plethora of products that we develop and deliver to multiple customers. That is simply to say that AA is not our sole, dedicated product.
  • =LEGION=L4stSt4nd=LEGION=L4stSt4nd Posts: 1Player
    I cant use the new skin called champion, and also see no new challenges.

Same here
  • Vadder-BearVadder-Bear Posts: 29Player
    Hi develloper team - we are still facing the same issues. The officel maps are working more or less fine - but most of the custom maps (that worked before) are facing issues. --> client is running into a loop - back to "Main menue" - cleint crash - or issues with video memory.

For me it looks like that specialy the smaler custom maps (below 50MB) are working better than the once between 50 and 100MB.

I understood that AAPG is not you first priority as developper team - but sharing an update that causes my issues to the community can happen - but my expectation would be to work hard on a fix to bring back a stable system.

Could you please share what's the timeline for the fix?

Thank you in advance
    Hi develloper team - we are still facing the same issues. The officel maps are working more or less fine - but most of the custom maps (that worked before) are facing issues. --> client is running into a loop - back to "Main menue" - cleint crash - or issues with video memory.

For me it looks like that specialy the smaler custom maps (below 50MB) are working better than the once between 50 and 100MB.

I understood that AAPG is not you first priority as developper team - but sharing an update that causes my issues to the community can happen - but my expectation would be to work hard on a fix to bring back a stable system.

Could you please share what's the timeline for the fix?

Thank you in advance

Vadder_Bear, please try launching the 64-bit game and see if this workaround works for you.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 157Player
    wow, how to launch the 64-bit game mode? would be pleased to know how to do this.
    thanks a lot in advance (only start the exe in 64 bit folder?).
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,065Moderator
    wow, how to launch the 64-bit game mode? would be pleased to know how to do this.
    thanks a lot in advance (only start the exe in 64 bit folder?).
    Its in the steam common americas army folder(somewhere, im at work and cant check the exact path), right click on the exe and "send do desktop, create shortcut".
    Launch the game.
    Theres no 64Bit PunkBuster tho, so you wont find any PB enabled servers
    ss_4_frankof.png
    Try looking in this file path, or similar:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win64
  • [!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian[!ReDRuM!]L0rdDamian Posts: 809Player
    edited January 14
    frankof wrote: »
    Theres no 64Bit PunkBuster tho, so you wont find any PB enabled servers

You can also play on PB enabled servers with it, as I play on the official and some private server that run the 64bit version with PB enabled. All you have to do is copy the PB folder inside the Win64 folder and you are good to go. You will not have server chat, at least I don't. Might be a way to get it to work but haven't messed with it.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 157Player
    Guys, thanks a lot for this information. I will try that for sure. If i would be successful, then i will post it in here how to run everything.
    Thank you "V_NillaJ" for comming back to me - and the recommandation with the x64 version.

I just did some basic tests - and first one faild (back to main menu). On server side I can see the following messages in the log (message 1)- maybe that helps.

The part/moment when it starts to stop on client side is once the message "TcpNetDriver_0 shut down" comes up.

Without closing my client, I connect my client once again with the server - and shadder started to rebuild - and I was able to play the custom map (see message 2 below).

There is an other message comming up every time I'm connecting a client with the server - independent from the map (custom or default once). It starts with "ScriptLog: ErrorReportFinalize ....".

I played some minutes in the warm up and selected than back to main menu. Without closing the client I tried it once again - and it worked again (as before).

What means - 2 of 3 has been working - what is better than before. I will keep it as it is (staying on x64 version) and see how it goes.

PS: Not yet tested is impact of the PunkBuster.

If I can assist with addition information or logs - please let me know. Let's use the power that many people can provide if they are wrking hand-in-hand.

Kind regards
    Hi - just some more feedback about my testing with the 64bit version.

Let's start with the good news first - for me the 64bit version is more stable than the 32bit version.

BUT - there are other bits:
    1# Less server in the "Server Browser" list --> looks to me - just 64bit servers will be shown up. You still can add the IP of the server and will be connected, but after about one or two mins, PunkBuster is kicking you out (see message below).
    2# Not sure what are the right settings for PunkBuster. I tried what "[!ReDRuM!]Damian" mentioned (see picture below) .
    -a-> On the official AAPG server there is no difference if you copy over the PB folder from WIN32 to WIN64. On my test, I was still able to play on the official AAPG server without changing anything - just by using the 64bit client.
    -b-> As mentioned under "1#", independent if I copy the PB folder or not, on the 32bit servers I got kicked after one or two mins.
    -c-> Than I tested a 64bit server from the "Server browser" list. And again, for me was no difference if I had copied the PB folder or not. Both times I got kicked by PunkBuster.

My personal conclusion for the moment is, that the official AAPG server are not using PunkBuster or the configuration on the server itself is different.

Possible solutions - if the setup of the PunkBuster on official AAPG server is different - please share, so the client end does not need to change anything by using the 64bit client. Or we need to understand the needed changes on the client end to get PunkBuster working with 64bit client version. What would mean - a client update ;-)

Any help or feedback is welcome.