Game Update - 12.17.2019

V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 78Developer
edited December 2019 in News & Announcements
Players --

Welcome to Patch 1.40! Here are your patch notes.

FEATURES:
  • Added M17 and SCAR challenges
  • Added M17 and SCAR weapon skins for weapon challenge completion rewards
    [**] These challenges SHOULD BE working. I.e., if you are completing challenges for these weapons, they are being tracked, but not reflected to the player view/menu. Try that weapon skin anyway. We are working to get that plugged in.
  • (PS4) Adjusted weapon damage output for SCAR (Remember those 1-shots? A thing of the past.)
  • EACH WEAPON has a new Champion Skin, unlocked at Lvl14... Unfortunately, these are missing a hook-in for the PS4 update, which we are working through now.

FIXES:
  • (PS4) AK-107 rate of fire reduced
  • Reaction map updates
Frag out!

Thanks for playing America's Army!

V_NillaJ
Community Manager | Social Media Manager | Technical Support Director

https://twitter.com/AmericasArmy
https://facebook.com/americasarmygame/
https://discord.gg/QvEw5DX
https://forum.americasarmy.com/

Comments

• |FOX|kozini.pl|FOX|kozini.pl Posts: 85Player
    I will be hunting 2020mid Jan
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,451Player
    I notice you have added to admin panel
    Force role
    Force weapon
    Is there a way to remove just one weapon or is there a way to select 2 weapons on a map.

So say i just wanted to remove M24 and leave all others is that possible.
    gKQ6BB2.png
  • 13Cav.Kendmac13Cav.Kendmac Posts: 81Player
    Is the Saw firing faster than it used to?
    Not sure i like having to choose my weapon every round, especially the scope resetting to default every time.
    Like the new admin commands
  • [!ReDRuM!]Damian[!ReDRuM!]Damian Posts: 740Player
    This update removed the loading screens for me, which thanks i guess.. loading go's 10x faster now.
  • DOMINATION.DOMINATION. Posts: 84Player
    Thank you to the Devs for the time/effort/content. Maybe some new life in this game for me
  • -pR|Arkeiro-pR|Arkeiro Posts: 762Player
    I cant use the new skin called champion, and also see no new challenges.

Over 1.4k Golden Hawkeyes.
  • -=SoCal65=--=SoCal65=- Posts: 28Player
    Challenges for Scar and M17 not showing up, and Champion skin is locked. (I'm SMA) Info accurate as of Dec 19, 2019 at 10:00PM Pacific
    Joined Original Game: July 4, 2002  |  Joined Original Forum: Aug 05, 2002
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 74Player
    Challenges for Scar and M17 not showing up, and Champion skin is locked. (I'm SMA)

Same.
  • -=TDO=-sgt-jack-=TDO=-sgt-jack Posts: 25Player
    elo... in the Admin panel. what does that incognito do
    b_560_95_1.png
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 78Developer
    I notice you have added to admin panel
    Force role
    Force weapon
    Is there a way to remove just one weapon or is there a way to select 2 weapons on a map.

So say i just wanted to remove M24 and leave all others is that possible.

No, only able to set Weapon or Class.
    Is the Saw firing faster than it used to?
    Not sure i like having to choose my weapon every round, especially the scope resetting to default every time.
    Like the new admin commands

Negative, no changes to the SAW.
    L0rdDamian wrote: »
    This update removed the loading screens for me, which thanks i guess.. loading go's 10x faster now.

That... seems odd.
    edited December 2019

Weird, the skins do work for me tho.. :scream:

V_NillaJ wrote: »
    L0rdDamian wrote: »

That... seems odd.

Yes it does, normally you can do this by disabling it in the ini but its still on true there. But haven't changed anything, just recently reinstalled the game to play it again. Not a major issue, but a interesting one.

• V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 78Developer
    Thank you to the Devs for the time/effort/content. Maybe some new life in this game for me

Glad to hear it!

For the Champion skins, they show in the menu as 'locked,' but they are not. Try equipping it anyway, and check it out in game. If that doesn't work for you, definitely let me know.
    Challenges for Scar and M17 not showing up, and Champion skin is locked. (I'm SMA) Info accurate as of Dec 19, 2019 at 10:00PM Pacific

Our database hookins for the challenges aren't present as of yet. Until that happens, feel free to use any of those skins that you want! Same process as above -- equip the 'locked' skin, and use it in game. We'll get those challenges plugged in soon so that you can track those in your weapon select screen.

The incognito mode is for server admins to 'hide' their admin status in the console. For instance, when you report your position, or use the text chat, etc., your [Admin] tag will not show in the console.
    cheers V_NillaJ
    b_560_95_1.png
  • xRuthlessQueenxxRuthlessQueenx Posts: 3Map Guru
    Every time i get into a Match it will freeze and it won't let Me play .. Any idea why it could be??
  • L.LovettL.Lovett Posts: 82Player
    scar working for me i dont know what you doing but i see at you need to have rank 1 cpl 1??

8 Year in service
    400 XP
    Unlocked Apr 17, 2015 @ 19:39
    Member since April 17, 2007.
  • [SWISS]Merlin[SWISS]Merlin Posts: 148Player
    edited December 2019

The incognito mode is for server admins to 'hide' their admin status in the console. For instance, when you report your position, or use the text chat, etc., your [Admin] tag will not show in the console. [/quote]

great, thanks for that too
    @V_NillaJ I had the file on read only, so it didn't update the new video lines into it.

The incognito mode is for server admins to 'hide' their admin status in the console. For instance, when you report your position, or use the text chat, etc., your [Admin] tag will not show in the console.

great, thanks for that too[/quote]

cheers pal, already been told, but thanks anyway ;)
    b_560_95_1.png
  • xRuthlessQueenxxRuthlessQueenx Posts: 3Map Guru
    How can i contact somebody to find out why AAPG hasn't been working for Me??
  • SeVn.ras7SeVn.ras7 Posts: 11Player
    Can't you guys write in the patch notes all the stuff that you added / changed to the game? Seems like we have to discover new stuff by ourselves.
    Plus when are we getting a real update? I mean new guns, maps, bug fixes of some bugs that are there since day 1 etc... we don't really need skins for the weapons.
    ss_4_sevn.ras7.png