Out of video memory?

Just installed proving grounds, when i try and play, game freezes and get error message. " out of video memory"
Pc specs are i7 with GTX 550 ti, 4 GB system ran (ddr3) running windows 8 32 bit. all drivers are updated and PC runs flawlessly with all my other games ( Rfactor 2) (Asseto Corsa) just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

Comments

• Hey.I.Have.A.GunHey.I.Have.A.Gun Posts: 644Player
    I had that when I was briefly on a 32-bit system.
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    Hidden, try running game with Administrator Mode and Windows Vista Compatibility on.
    googley avatar aapg

• HiddendangerousHiddendangerous Posts: 4Player
    thanks will try.

No Joy, still does it, only difference it doesnt freeze just exits so i dont need to open task manager.
  • -Ner0--Ner0- Posts: 1,575Player
    You need 64 bit.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
    Yeah, agree, about time i went 64 bit, my Windows 8 upgrade has the 64 bit disc, but i only had 32 bit windows 7.

• [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    The same key should work for 64-bit or 32-bit windows 7.
  • [CLS]_SgtMac[CLS]_SgtMac Posts: 199Moderator
    This site should allow you to download the 64-bit version:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery
  • [FIRM]EagLeTaLoN[FIRM]EagLeTaLoN Posts: 23Player
    I have a 64 bit system and a 550ti and no problems here, but i agree with everyone else.  I have heard of the crashing with 32 bit systems. 
  • -=NoBS=-Reyfox_I-=NoBS=-Reyfox_I Posts: 65Beta Tester
    The game puts a lot of demand on your computer requiring as much memory as it can get. With a 32bit system, how much system RAM do you have after just loading the operating system?
    As others said, 64bit is the way to go. Also, what other programs do you have running in the background taking up system memory?

Mr. aweSOMEness®™
  • LeMaestroLeMaestro Posts: 26Player
    edited April 2015

Just installed proving grounds, when i try and play, game freezes and get error message. " out of video memory"

Pc specs are i7 with GTX 550 ti, 4 GB system ran (ddr3) running windows 8 32 bit. all drivers are updated and PC runs flawlessly with all my other games ( Rfactor 2) (Asseto Corsa) just wondering if anyone else has this problem?

All Windows 32 bit do not use more that 3 GB of RAM, even if you have 8 GB in your system, it is a 32 bits OS limitation.
    You can try going around it by fixing your virtual memory settings in windows, but the constant memory swap between the ram and the hard drive will probably lag your game a lot.

• =IK=Doba==IK=Doba= Posts: 2,789Player
    Try the 64 bit version as everyone suggested.. you can test it out before purchasing Windows by DLing it and search for a program called "RemoveWAT" ..

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4YhM6jUB2MxVj8i3b9rhw
  • IO_i_OIIO_i_OI Posts: 1,107Player
    edited April 2015
    =IK=Doba= wrote: »
    Try the 64 bit version as everyone suggested.. you can test it out before purchasing Windows by DLing it and search for a program called "RemoveWAT" ..

And I still run in Administrative Mode and Vista Compatibility with no problems.
    googley avatar aapg

• SSG-E6SSG-E6 Posts: 1Player
    I have been having same problem as of late. I have played for years with this PC.
    I7
    8GB ram
    64 bit windows 10
    Nvidia GTX980 with 4 gb of ram
  • L.LovettL.Lovett Posts: 82Player
    hi all i did have it before but i did update my card and was same again BUT go back to that update when your card work in game and thats it.)

8 Year in service
    400 XP
    Unlocked Apr 17, 2015 @ 19:39
    Member since April 17, 2007.