Game won't start after last Windows update

weksauceweksauce Posts: 11Player
Title says it all. I get to a white screen after the splash screen, then it just blinks and quits as if I didn't ask it to start. Any way to enter debug commands or check log files? It's worked for years until 5 days ago. I tried setting to Intel graphics, but same behavior.

Comments

• ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
    intel graphics . wont run it.
    get update for your graphics card and try again
  • weksauceweksauce Posts: 11Player
    edited October 20
    No, it's set to use Nvidia card on the AA.exe, plus it does run in intel on linux, ran on intel in windows 2 weeks ago, and I also tried setting Global Settings to Nvidia card and in all cases, same result: quits after splash screen.
  • m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 628Moderator

Can you post your game log?
    (Do it right after you crash( or get kicked and exit the game) as the file gets overwritten each time you play.)
    C:\Users\user name\Documents\My Games\America's Army Proving Grounds\AAGame\Logs\AAclient.log

Just the last 100 lines or so
    LOL, I don't get notifications, but was coming here to post exactly what you requested, m_hermann! Everything's good up until
    2019.10.20-11.56.56 [0014.54] TobiiEyeX: FTobiiEyeXController::EyeXInit((null))
    2019.10.20-11.56.59 [0017.44] Log: === Critical error: ===
    Fatal error!

Address = 0x768c3572 (filename not found) [in C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll]
    Address = 0x1b30141  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe]
    Address = 0x1b18def  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe]
    Address = 0x189d37f  (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe]

Buehler?
    Got it to run! saw the errors in
    Address = 0x189d37f (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\America's Army\AAPG\Binaries\Win32\AAGame.exe]
    So went to Win64 and played AAGame.exe (64 bit edition), booted fine. No servers with people playing, but assuming there's scheduled maintenance or something.
    edited October 31
    Still hosed. I completely reinstalled Steam, the VS redistributables, 32bit still crashes just before the opening videos should start, same error log every time.

64bit... first of all, steam ignores 64bit launch options. I HAVE TO manually click the 64bit .exe. If anyone could fix that, it'd be great. Second, the 64bit game gets to the Online screen, and only loads a few crappy servers with 0 players.... all the main servers aren't listed. I've tried adding rules for AAPG32, AAPG64, PnkbstrA, PnkbstrB to Windows Defender Firewall, tried completely disabling Windows Defender Firewall, plugged into ethernet, plugged into ethernet on a different network... same result every time: ~5 crappy servers with no players. If I join a server MANUALLY(and OMG WTF did developers prevent copy/paste of IP addresses!?), I get booted after 60s because "no packet flow"... apparently punkbuster doesn't run. Even though I went to evenbalance.com or whatever, and made completely sure I have the latest punkbuster.

This is so sad.

In Linux, I can boot with Proton, but the Nvidia and the Intel drivers/hardware give staticy artifacting that makes the game unplayable. Sad.
  • KungzKungz Posts: 4Player
    weksauce wrote: »
    Still hosed. I completely reinstalled Steam, the VS redistributables, 32bit still crashes just before the opening videos should start, same error log every time.

64bit... first of all, steam ignores 64bit launch options. I HAVE TO manually click the 64bit .exe. If anyone could fix that, it'd be great. Second, the 64bit game gets to the Online screen, and only loads a few crappy servers with 0 players.... all the main servers aren't listed. I've tried adding rules for AAPG32, AAPG64, PnkbstrA, PnkbstrB to Windows Defender Firewall, tried completely disabling Windows Defender Firewall, plugged into ethernet, plugged into ethernet on a different network... same result every time: ~5 crappy servers with no players. If I join a server MANUALLY(and OMG WTF did developers prevent copy/paste of IP addresses!?), I get booted after 60s because "no packet flow"... apparently punkbuster doesn't run. Even though I went to evenbalance.com or whatever, and made completely sure I have the latest punkbuster.

This is so sad.

In Linux, I can boot with Proton, but the Nvidia and the Intel drivers/hardware give staticy artifacting that makes the game unplayable. Sad.

mine works after removing windows lastest update.. (using win 10 64bit 1903)
    [TOS Violation], I'm past 10 days walkback period. I'm also 1903.
    [TOS Violation], I'm past 10 days walkback period. I'm also 1903.

try this one.. https://wintechlab.com/uninstall-windows-10-upgrade-after-10-days/
  • -TGA-Pascal-NL-TGA-Pascal-NL Posts: 1Player
    Title says it all. I get to a white screen after the splash screen, then it just blinks and quits as if I didn't ask it to start. Any way to enter debug commands or check log files? It's worked for years until 5 days ago. I tried setting to Intel graphics, but same behavior.

Same problem here sinds yesterday.
    @Kungz @-TGA-Pascal-NL what hardware do you run AA on? Do you both have Windows 1903/latest?
    @Kungz No, that doesn't work. Only if I had taken those steps to enable rollback within 10 days, then I could go back. But of course I hadn't.
    Note: you must perform steps below (to extend the 10 day limit to go back to your previous version of Windows) within 10 days after upgrade to windows 10 May 2019update.
    edited November 6
    @Kungz @-TGA-Pascal-NL what hardware do you run AA on? Do you both have Windows 1903/latest?

yes i have windows 1093 lastest update using windows 10 pro. running on intel core i5-8600 3.1Ghz, gtx 1050 ti OC, 8GB ram