Ranting and venting about PS4 issues......

RiverbaseRiverbase Posts: 2Player
edited August 30 in PS4
Before I start I want to say I love this game, but the current state on PS4 needs work so hear is my vent. Before you ask I play on PS4 Pro with Solid State Drive in Super Sampling mode @1080p. And yes the issues are there with super sampling off as well.

1. Aiming down sight and slow walking results and frame stutter or ticks where the graphics don't smoothly move instead they skip across the scope, annoying. This can best be seen on Spring Street with the DMR if you stay in the street and aim toward the bistro and watch the connex boxes just stutter along while you slow walk while aiming down sight, tick, tick, tick.

2. Speaking of ticks, what is up with the server tick rate. Using NETDUMA I can see the server side tick rate is unstable. It has drops to as low as 15hz pretty consistently. Looks like it's configured to run at 30hz but drops routinely which results in massive encounters with things like "super bullets" or "rubber banding" or getting shot when your already past the wall or in the door. I see the servers are on Amazon so I can only imagine that AA is running on the cheaper servers and Amazon's CPU throttling is kicking in because AA is reaching it's limit on purchased cycles. What gives here? What can be done?

3. Speaking of NETDUMA the only way I can play and actually enjoy the game is to set my laptop next to me and monitor NETDUMA so I can see who is the room and where they are playing from. Why you ask? Well because people are playing from all over the world with fake U.S. accounts, last I saw it wasn't released world wide. So ROUTINELY, and I mean like CONSTANTLY I'll be playing and doing good and all of a sudden boom the server turns to [TOS Violation] with lag, super bullets, rubber banding, near invulnerable players and I'll look over and low and behold someone is playing from Mexico, Venezuela, Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Iraq, Some Island in South East Asia and those are just the ones I've seen that come to mind but there has been many more, it's annoying as [TOS Violation]. I mean how many hops away are these folks? I can ping them in NETDUMA and low and behold they routinely have a ping of 300-350ms, ROUTINELY!!!!!!! Why is there no filter system locking out players from countries where the game hasn't released. Why is there no ping cap? Why isn't ping routinely tested and players sent to peer to peer with bad connections. The default test is useless because players can just join someone on their friends list. I'm also going to guess the ping search is based on the party leader and not each individual in the party. Can we get a IP blocker, a VPN blocker, and retest ping between rounds?

4, Speaking of invulnerable players, let's talk about this crank the sensitivity up and run around like a mad person. This is beyond stupid. You can shoot these people and the server simply doesn't register the hits. They run around like speed freaks with super bullet immunity and can kill you with their shots or even choke you but your bullets just don't count. I mean seriously, max sensitivity strafe left and right and your almost like superman. Why?

5. Frame stutter, the current version suffers from this routinely. You'll be running and suddenly boom frame stutters or drop then it happens repeatedly at random. What gives, my money is on a memory issue.

6. Trolls. Players constantly flashing teammates or blocking them in or more. Report them and you get the old send video evidence quote. When you send video evidence you get the ever so wonderful "We'll track that player" response. Wait, what? There is a challenge to kill a dev in game, to this day I don't have it, I've never even seen a dev in the game. Do DEVs play the game, do they not see these people in game? I look on the forums and I see no one complaining about being banned, I see no complaints on reddit about bans. Tracking a player is useless if there is no strict enforcement. You know why PUBG doesn't have team killers or trolls anymore. It's because of this https://www.pubg.com/2019/04/17/console-ban-policy/ yet here every couple games you encounter them. You guys should be able to check server logs right? I mean if a player constantly flashes at the start of a round hello.....

7. Audio. So when you back out of a match, which due to #3 above happens a lot, and you join another room you loose VOIP. You have to shut down the game and restart it every time you change rooms to get the VOIP to work.

Comments

• BaadVoodooBaadVoodoo Posts: 1Player
    Amen! I love the game, but I am truly disheartened by everything that is addressed in this post. If you’re not willing to correct these issues pull the game, or if its a money issue for God’s sake charge a bit so you can acquire better servers. I hear scuttlebut about a new AA release, but again if these things can’t be fixed how many more players are you willing to lose?
    PLEASE FIX SO I CAN GET MY FUN BACK WHEN I PLAY INSTEAD OF TOTAL FRUSTRATION!
  • ITSKINGZEROITSKINGZERO Posts: 69Player
    edited August 31
    BaadVoodoo wrote: »
    Amen! I love the game, but I am truly disheartened by everything that is addressed in this post. If you’re not willing to correct these issues pull the game, or if its a money issue for God’s sake charge a bit so you can acquire better servers. I hear scuttlebut about a new AA release, but again if these things can’t be fixed how many more players are you willing to lose?
    Amen pls remove the leaning to make gunfight more fair and make aiming down sight spot again
  • LWOF_BrOkenArrowLWOF_BrOkenArrow Posts: 320Player
    Amen pls remove the leaning to make gunfight more fair and make aiming down sight spot again

This wouldn't be much of a problem if they allowed for custom button assignments.

I disagree with removing lean. It's kinda too late to remove it now -- as most have gotten used to it -- I can't even imagine matches before lean. It's been that long.
    Teamwork is essential, it gives the enemy other people to shoot at

P0asKE2.jpg
    edited September 3

This wouldn't be much of a problem if they allowed for custom button assignments.

I disagree with removing lean. It's kinda too late to remove it now -- as most have gotten used to it -- I can't even imagine matches before lean. It's been that long.
    Let hope that Next AA game doesn't bring back lean
    Before the lean it was add it was only strafe and was great and fun but now it was strafe lean that pissed me off that make me want to quit
  • jgvn11jgvn11 Posts: 65Marine Corp Active Duty
    Before the lean it was add it was only strafe and was great and fun but now it was strafe lean that pissed me off that make me want to quit

Learn to adapt and overcome. AA has always had lean on PC. The game is better with it. Don't like it, then change your button settings.
    jgvn11 wrote: »

Learn to adapt and overcome. AA has always had lean on PC. The game is better with it. Don't like it, then change your button settings.
    Never adapt to nothing the i Never adapt the leaning and i still kickass
  • Benny_TheJet5190Benny_TheJet5190 Posts: 4Player
    AAAAAAAmen!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.