the launcher

Is the green launcher being removed completely once the in game one is complete?

It's still crashing like a mother trucker. Yesterday it crashed and made my game minimise just as someone opened the door in front of me in data center. Made me rage a little.

Why does it crash randomly is there no simple fix you can do as it's been doing it for about a year now before there was this whole new opt in version you made.
oK5CLZA.jpg

Comments

• [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,193Player
    Happens to me all the darn time! ALWAYS crashes and minimizes at the wrong moments.. hate it with passion.

It's worse than Deploy client was for AA3.
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• [eSC]General.Jung[eSC]General.Jung Posts: 144Player
    I really hope that this launcher is getting removed completely. It crashes, it isn't that slim like other launchers in the branch and last but not least it has depencies that makes it hard to get AA:PG running under wine (linux).
    -
    But I think they want to keep the videos and other medias available outside of the game.
    Greetings from Germany. General.Jung.
    eSport-Community, http://esportcommunity.com/

HARDEN HC mode, SMOKE Grenades, UMM Support and RELEASE LINUX Binaries !
  • KodenKoden Posts: 284Player
    edited May 2015
    I really hope that this launcher is getting removed completely. It crashes, it isn't that slim like other launchers in the branch and last but not least it has depencies that makes it hard to get AA:PG running under wine (linux).
    -
    But I think they want to keep the videos and other medias available outside of the game.

Punkbuster is going to make for a wider range of issue because of Wine. That said, the launcher does have its issues...

Derob6.jpg
    What's most annoying is if the launcher crashes, the game can still be played, albeit after it has thrown you back to desktop in the missile of a gunfight.. but if you pre-emptively close it yourself (stop the process or close it) to stop it from happening.. it closes both the game and launcher.

• TearTear Posts: 19Developer
    Unsubscribe from all user made maps including shoot houses. Close the Launcher. Delete the contents of the /usermademaps directory. Open the Launcher and see if it still crashes.
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    My launcher crashed every time I go to load into a server. Never fails. I have to wait 2-3 minutes for it to un-frig itself. If I click the 'its not responding close the program' option it closes AAPG but when I load up its the same issue.

So I just wait.

edited May 2015
    [Dev]Tear wrote: »
    Unsubscribe from all user made maps including shoot houses. Close the Launcher. Delete the contents of the /usermademaps directory. Open the Launcher and see if it still crashes.

I'd rather not unsub from the few good UMM maps I have.. is there no other way? like maybe fix it? :lol:

• frankoffrankof Posts: 1,077Moderator
    [Dev]Tear wrote: »

I'd rather not unsub from the few good UMM maps I have.. is there no other way? like maybe fix it? :lol:
    like that could be the fix, if any of those maps are corrupted in some way.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • Gronfather@TwitchGronfather@Twitch Posts: 466Player
    Yeah lol, just a fix would be nice. Added an FPS box so I don't have to edit my .ini files :D

edited May 2015
    could be the fix? if it was a sure thing.. I might be more willing to part with people's hard work and let them know their map is somehow breaking the game.

How can we tell which of the maps might be doing it? sorry but, telling folk to remove them all is a band-aid excuse and harming the already fragile UMM scene, content creators and ultimately the game itself.

• TearTear Posts: 19Developer
    You can always re-subscribe to your favorites one at a time.

My advice is "as-is" and "ymmv". I was just offering some help as a workaround. Take it or leave it.

Of course, your other option is to keep waiting.

Further work "fixing" the launcher is likely to be on hold while we focus on moving more launcher features in-game.
    edited May 2015
    Oh well, I would be more than happy to see the back of the launcher.. so I think I'll just wait and suffer with the crashing because of the 'could be' corrupted map(s) that coincidently have worked fine whenever I've played them :lol:

Thanks anyway.

• -=[VGO]=-mmchaos-=[VGO]=-mmchaos Posts: 83Moderator
    i can add... if it is a umm it is more than likely one that hasent been updated in a while.
    test-tag.jpg
    edited May 2015
    I'll go and check timestamps between patches and the peoples UMM's map releases I have got, if you'd like me to help? if that would even help?.. will they clash with opt-in version of the game making crashing automatic anyway?

'Could be' or might be.. YMMV.. whatever, is not getting to the bottom of the issue. I just don't want it to happen anymore, it's very annoying.

Ok, went and checked..

All I have installed and subscribed to are all the maps on the official UMM server (which must be up-to-date to be in there), my own maps (removed non-updated) and a few others I like to check out when people have uploaded them and put links in the forum.

I only had to remove 1 map that was last updated before the last patch to open beta, All others are up-to-date and will post back if my launcher crashes (or hopefully, if not).

Crashed within 3 minutes of playing.

2889tvr.jpg

I don't know..

• -PPaaxx--PPaaxx- Posts: 1,576Player
    My Launcher only crashed a few times and I have 49 UMM's.
    HJbSf8Tt.jpg?2
    Think positive thoughts,
    say positive words,
    do positive actions
    and the positive grows.
  • ProceduralPolyMathProceduralPolyMath Posts: 96Player
    Crashes many times. Not much lately though.
    I don't think it likes me :cry:

• m_hermannm_hermann Posts: 656Moderator
    edited May 2015
    There isn't always a specific map that makes the launcher crash, it can be a map hung in the down load process, any map.

There are also other reasons that the launcher crashes, Nvidia video drivers from 2015 for example..