Sound issues

Has anyone noticed the sound Queues at certain times wont actually work, ive noticed You cant hear people climb the ladder at certain times on uptown, sometimes you cant hear grenades start to cook, even while you arn't under suppression or near a grenade explosion

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,571Beta Tester
    Yes. I'm speculating here, but I think the game can only keep a certain number of sounds in a queue and too many will force some to drop. I've noticed this as well and it drives me nuts because I get choked and don't hear the footsteps! AT ALL. :p
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 998Moderator
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    Yes. I'm speculating here, but I think the game can only keep a certain number of sounds in a queue and too many will force some to drop. I've noticed this as well and it drives me nuts because I get choked and don't hear the footsteps! AT ALL. :p
    You could try to increase the maximum channels used for sound, its in AAEngine.ini, under the [XAudio2.XAudio2Device] section, i doubt it will do much as its a x-box software sound API
    Set it to 96 or 128, default is 64.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    I thought Soundy has coded this all through Wwise, not the xaudio channels?!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    Could be, but from my understanding for the wwise api to work properly the xaudio2 api needs to be disabled, its not.
    Theres no trace of anything wwise on my computer.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 999Player
    So is this one of the updates that we have had for the ps4 but also effects pc players .
    As a pc has the power and program backing to run a ton load more sound combinations than a console.
    We now have sound cue cuts because the game was altered for ps4?
    Now you're jumping to conclusions, this goes further back than the console port of this game, its from way back when dx 10 came along, MS removed the support for 3D hardware sound in directx and made the xbox software API the standard.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 999Player
    Was a question sort of but ty for the answer.
    I believe Wwise is embedded in the game code, I've never seen it added on anywhere.
    ______