distress call to mapmakers

Hey all, could anyone guide me, how to set a new map made in Advanced Editor, so it will work properly on servers. I use to take templates from basic then work on them in advanced, theyre all bugged or what, couse any map i make is crashing in training and servers. I know how to make terrain ,setup spawns commands, objectives, pylon, lightmass vol. Is there anything else to set , like round start countdown, dunno what else is to do. Maybe a tutorial, couse i couldnt find any except 2 vids of wolverine setting obj and spawns.

Comments

• (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 640Player
    once you have set game type , game timer is default at 0 in world properties ,which is 4 mins ,so if you change ie, 5 min round is set at 300
  • SMUGGLERSMUGGLER Posts: 40Player
    thx guys, working on right now
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    What does "they're bugged" actually mean specifically? Do we need to test 'template' maps to figure out how to reproduce the issue and get it resolved? Has this been bug reported? What are the steps to show this? How many people are having the issue?

I just made a C4 BDX map, brought it into the Adv Ed, published it and tested it on a server NO PROBLEMS.

I did notice the Mission Editor still crashes on exit. If you don't save before that exit, it may cause an issue.

What I suspect is you have a bad map in your folders somewhere.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    edited June 4
    Hi Keebler, i use to take a template map from basic editor, saving it, then reopen it in advanced.Then i was doing my thing, made som pretty good maps. After some time the templates were not working properly, u may ask muzza whats wrong with them. Objectives were not working the carry bomb was falling through the landscape etc. My basic edit wasnt even starting after some time, so muzza showed me how to make a map from advanced editor. Then some maps were okay some not, some i couldnt even load to steam, some were up in steam but not visible for admins after uploading them to server, stuff like that. Cant even recall all the s.it that happened mostly after weeks and weeks of work on a map.
    Before it was easy, everything was working on the template maps u just built ur thing and it was fine. I kinda gave up, i still have ideeas but spending so much time for nothing...
    Devs screwed up the editor with every update, after the last one my basic edi started to work, dunno if the maps would work, couse u need to bother other peple, admins to try ur maps, whitch is not easy.
  • SeVn.MaxSeVn.Max Posts: 231Player
    I agree with you Smuggler. I have the same problem. in my last work (medium template, deleted everything except respawns and landscape), at the second general rubuild in production mode, something struggles to load.
    If maybe the templates were fixed, it would be great!
    Why do template maps work for me?

Is it possible you have bugged CONTENT in your folders? We've seen that before. Move all your content and start from empty MyDocs AAPG folders.

See my post above, which no one has addressed.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,031Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    What does "they're bugged" actually mean specifically? Do we need to test 'template' maps to figure out how to reproduce the issue and get it resolved? Has this been bug reported? What are the steps to show this? How many people are having the issue?

I just made a C4 BDX map, brought it into the Adv Ed, published it and tested it on a server NO PROBLEMS.

I did notice the Mission Editor still crashes on exit. If you don't save before that exit, it may cause an issue.

What I suspect is you have a bad map in your folders somewhere.

I know of at least 2 templates that cause issues . I will have a look at both when i am back ( after another week or so ) the templates have a strange effect with landscape disapearing beneath you in editor. And c4 falling out of world.
    One fix i did for someone was replacing all spawn and control points .also c4 and obj replacement.
    I took a ~huge~ map from one of my older maps that was working fine, deleted everything even spawns, i rewrote all map infos, admin could not see it on server. I took the map again, compaired it with the original info, what failed by the new one was the template name ~ flo_large_c4 ~ so i said lets give it a try, guess what, map was visible on server we could even try it. Still not sure if that was the problem lol, but maybe the new map needs the original templates info too, becouse i kept the world just deleted the static meshes and spawns, objectives.
  • -=}WoLvErInE{=--=}WoLvErInE{=- Posts: 1,117Beta Tester
    I'm so jealous of you guys! I wish i was still making maps. :(
    If a map has a template name then it should not be altered at all or failure will persist to happen.
    A new empty map from big editor only needs flo or bdx to be set in this world info catagory.
    I'm so jealous of you guys! I wish i was still making maps. :(

Dont be lol, its more headache then fun, now when i learned some stuff, all kind of problems occure. No new map of mine thats not corrected or fixed by muzza.
    edited June 9
    Can I get a list of templates that work, and templates that don't by name, size, objective type, etc?
    ______

I will help when i am back keebs.
    In cyprus atm.
    Thanks, Muzza. I know this has been an issue for a while, but I get templates to work, so.... I need specifics.

______

I used almost for every map, the-- bdx small -- template, and the one flo long i think, the one with grass and white gravel ( it has some tall buildings around and green tarp around the ,,playground'' ) had all kind of problems that Muzza solved at the end. For me at least the bdx_small template would be enough to build any map.
    Well, I can add landscape, edit the objectives or the World Info, so I don't care WHAT template I use as long as it's not bugged.

However, I do want to find out what's going on here.
    ______

Yes i dont care eighter what template, just for a map with natural environment i used those 2, for urban the others, just because of the textures inside the landscape editor. I can make a map also from Advanced edi, i ment it was just easier taking a template from basic and work on it couse it has all the stuff u need pre setted.