Looking for Map Builders for Competitive League

GunR|Elivat3GunR|Elivat3 Posts: 10Player
edited April 19 in Mission Editor
Hello everyone, my name Elivat3 and I play for Team GunR in AA:PG. I'm here to tell you there will be a new set of maps for Season 3 of the AACL. I'm working alongside some of the best league players and league organizers in creating the most exciting competitive experience America's Army Proving Ground has to offer.

- Gamemode: C4 with two bomb sites.

- Map Design: Small maps with a singular building or two buildings connected to each other. The majority of the interior will be wood so it can be shot through. The outside of the house cannot be shot through, there will be windows and doors to enter with ladders to get to the roof. Floor hatches will be experimented with.

Our current Map Designers: "Skuzzy, Lucerous, Jade, Depeche"

If you have any input for a competitive style map for AA:PG please don't hesitate to reach out to me! You can contact me through the following channels.

Discord: Elivat3#9110
Email: elivat3@teamgunr.com
Steam: Elivat3

Comments

• 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    edited April 18
    I'm kind of over making maps for the game since it's mostly dead. However, I did make a couple maps that may play fairly well in competition, but I have no clue since they were never tested in that environment.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1510730447 - This one is more complete
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1645484651 - This one is kind of beta and may have too much going on for competitive play anyway

I'd also recommend checking out the huge assortment of maps that are already in the workshop. You may end up finding something that you'll like. I know that most custom maps weren't designed with comp in mind, but you may find a gem or two if you look.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    bdx small or flo small ?, comp maps =no eye candy B)
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,054Player
  • (Beer_me)lobo(Beer_me)lobo Posts: 645Player
    nothing to do with fps muzz , comp players don't like distractions , had this with comp players before asking to build maps , half the time they cant agree over what they want
  • GunR|Elivat3GunR|Elivat3 Posts: 10Player
    Thank you for the feedback, it is most welcome and keep it coming. I am mainly working with the best designers in AAPG to create maps that play well, look really good and are competitive. They will be play tested by the best competitive players AAPG has to offer. They will be giving feedback to the level but the direction and outcome is ultimately decided by the designers to create the most exciting competitive experience for the AAPG viewers.
  • GunR|Elivat3GunR|Elivat3 Posts: 10Player
    If everyone can please talk to any designers to get them on board, I need 3 maps done in 2 to 3 month span. Any help is definitely welcome!!!
  • 4DChessGenius4DChessGenius Posts: 2,123Player
    nothing to do with fps muzz , comp players don't like distractions , had this with comp players before asking to build maps , half the time they cant agree over what they want

For comp maps you really need to examine what works in CS maps (even then it's not simple to create a great competitive map). Bomb based maps with a corridor base style layout, there should be a limited amount of paths to get to each bomb site. Not overly big, clear paths to the bomb sites, paths that go through the middle to allow for easy rotation, clean angles, textures that don't make it difficult to spot enemies, lack of bushes and such that allow enemies to hide in them, etc. The ability to flank should be based entirely on clearing a path and getting behind the enemy team, rather than allowing for wide open spaces where enemies have no idea where you're coming from. Players should be able to make it from bomb site to bomb site in a fairly short time (no more than 15-20 seconds) so that if the bomb is planted a player can get across the map and still have a chance to defuse.

Competitive maps should have little to no cheapo spots that allow players to glitch, hide in dumb corners, or bushes. Players are meant to be able to spot enemies easily since the main name of the game is skill and tactics.

I tried to design my Old Town map to fit these requirements, I think it plays pretty good although it seems that in public servers people prefer the VIP version to the bomb version. Again, I'm not sure how it would play in competitive, but it would be great to see it in action.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!