bug or internet

H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 146Player
hi all!what are this are that bug or my internet when i see my ping is good like 128 and then that jump to 132 i did get something to download at steam at aa and i donw know if that was update after this that be this

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,546Beta Tester
    edited April 15
    EDIT - THIS IS INCORRECT: First of all, when you are in warmup mode, you are not on the internet, you are on your local (client) computer.

Second; if I understand, you are talking about a ping change of 4 points? It's normal for ping to 'jitter' anywhere from 10 to 30 points.

Lastly, I'm not sure what your question is about. Is it something about how the glass breaks?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 494Beta Tester
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    First of all, when you are in warmup mode, you are not on the internet, you are on your local (client) computer.

Second; if I understand, you are talking about a ping change of 4 points? It's normal for ping to 'jitter' anywhere from 10 to 30 points.

Lastly, I'm not sure what your question is about. Is it something about how the glass breaks?

I'm pretty sure warmup mode happens on a server - at the end of the video, you can even see the automatic server messages in the chatbox. Warmup is not the same as offline exploration.

You ping fluctuating by 4 is perfectly normal. That being said, it can be an indication of something abnormal (e.g. packet loss due to bad connection). But in itself a slightly fluctuating ping doesn't mean anything. By the way, it look like ping is displayed in increments of 4 in AAPG. So if the indicator changes, it can only change by 4, 8, 12, 16.....

That glass breaking is indeed weird sometimes. I don't know what is causing it, but that can be paket loss as well. Are you experiencing rubberbanding/small amounts of "teleportation" as you run around in-game?
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,546Beta Tester
    Ah....yeah. You're right Levente. Edited.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • H.E.A.T.H.E.A.T. Posts: 146Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    First of all, when you are in warmup mode, you are not on the internet, you are on your local (client) computer.

I'm pretty sure warmup mode happens on a server - at the end of the video, you can even see the automatic server messages in the chatbox. Warmup is not the same as offline exploration.

You ping fluctuating by 4 is perfectly normal. That being said, it can be an indication of something abnormal (e.g. packet loss due to bad connection). But in itself a slightly fluctuating ping doesn't mean anything. By the way, it look like ping is displayed in increments of 4 in AAPG. So if the indicator changes, it can only change by 4, 8, 12, 16.....

That glass breaking is indeed weird sometimes. I don't know what is causing it, but that can be paket loss as well. Are you experiencing rubberbanding/small amounts of "teleportation" as you run around in-game?
    hi no i dont fell any teleport was only at windows but i send this vid to admin for the server and he restart that server.)its ok now but did server maybe get DDos or??