PC Update: Enhanced VOIP Logging (04 APR 2019)

TearTear Posts: 19Developer
Today's PC update has extra in-game voip comms logging features added in support of using AAPG for communication demonstrations/experiments at expos and conventions.

Comments

• -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,424Player
    Thanks for no information to server owners just a post 24 hours before update would do.
  • -ew.raw--ew.raw- Posts: 171Player
    Thanks for no information to server owners just a post 24 hours before update would do.

life is cruel..
    1409304775_2240089.gif

AA2 2005 - 2015
    AA:PG 2015-
  • ={101st}=Muzza455={101st}=Muzza455 Posts: 1,002Player
    And some people saying the update affecting server browser lists.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 623Player
    A massive 1.9gb ts add on!? Lol.
    AAPG is good!
  • LargsargLargsarg Posts: 9Beta Tester

Just curious did you need the 24 hours to prepare something?

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 679Administrator
    Most games do not give much more then a 15 min warning about an update. As a ex server owner I took the responsibility of saving my files 1nce every 2 weeks and deleting the ones out of date for this reason. If you make it a habit then you won't have to worry so much about how much you might have lost from your servers changes, map list or ban list.
  • #Mike#Mike Posts: 4Player
    edited April 5
    That's why my entire server restarts @ 5am every day. Once windows starts up again it triggers steamcmd and re-validates the entire game and updates if needed. Once that is complete my aapg server starts back up. It would be cool if they had a simple web service or page to query with the current game server number or something. I could monitor that every 5 minutes and update as soon as required.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,424Player
    Largsarg wrote: »

Just curious did you need the 24 hours to prepare something?

Any advanced warning would have done but somewhere in this forum they did say they would give us advanced warning of any update.
  • [ENG]Uni-Sol[ENG]Uni-Sol Posts: 3,184Player
    VOIP logging? like keeping recordings of voice comms.. using them for publicity purposes?
    If my trollery drives you crazy, you'd better put on your seatbelt.

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,096Player
    edited April 5
    VOIP logging? like keeping recordings of voice comms.. using them for publicity purposes?

Yeah, I'm also wondering what exactly does this mean?

or is it a fancy way of saying that they're going to be keeping VOIP logs in order to make sure that people aren't using the game to conduct shaddy business over VOIP. Wasn't there some sort of terrorist attack was planned over VOIP in a game recently?
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
    I dunno.. but reading the title just immediately made me think.. intrusive.

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,575Beta Tester
    I'm not going to speak for the Devs as to purposes or usage, but I will head the 'recording' line of questioning off at the pass: The logging is just an addition to the logs like any other entry, showing that the channel was used and no actual chat, voice or text, is recorded.

You and I BOTH question the utility of it, but someone wanted it for stats.

In fact, since it's now in game, have a server owner parse the log to prove it!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    1.9 GB for additional text logging? c'mon man..

• RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 186Player
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    question the utility of it, but someone wanted it for stats.

A tool to record and log verbal abuse on official servers under the guise of "its for a PR event"?
    Surely not...
    35d2uec.png
    I said "STATS" and I'm merely attempting to address what the update was NOT.

My download was around 600MB which coincides to some degree with all of the .u files in the CookedPC folder.

If your download was 1.9GB then you haven't played the game for a while...
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    I play it daily. Had a 1.9gb download... No if/then.
    AAPG is good!
    Flatlander wrote: »
    I play it daily. Had a 1.9gb download... No if/then.

Ugh. Okay. That's weird. :o

So, how many people had the large download and how many had the small one?

Now I'm at a loss.... !

______

• frankoffrankof Posts: 999Moderator
    I guess it was a small download as i didnt notice it, but, if you for some reason is opted in to beta, the downloads will be full game.
    ss_4_frankof.png
    Where's my green badge :D
    AAPG is good!
    So Flatlander and Uni were opted in to the beta branch?
    ______