PC 1 Bullet Glitch

2»

Comments

• }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 688Administrator
    I am positive you mouse has an influence on this.
  • -SD-DELTON-ACI--SD-DELTON-ACI- Posts: 1,428Player
    I always get it after a slide not sure if this helps.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    I have had this too, many times, btw. When it started happening several years ago, I thought it was just a bad mouse fire button, so I subbed in my backup mouse. Same issue happened.

It happens on full auto-capable weapons like the M4 and 249 when you hold the fire button down and expect more than one bullet. You have to let off to reset whatever is happening, but in the heat of the moment you don't want to let off. It's a tough bug to figure out.

Now...I have had issues where slapping my mouse around on the mousepad or spinning the mousewheel too hard on reload has accidentally switched me to single fire. That's obviously a separate issue, but one we have to watch for. (Video!!)

While in a gun fight, it's hard to realize you're not firing sometimes, due to the sounds from your opponent. Also, without some kind of mouse button sensor it's impossible to prove we were actually hitting the button. :(

Lots of us would LOVE to squash this bug!!
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • -[U|S|A]-Oathkeeper-[U|S|A]-Oathkeeper Posts: 53Player
    I use a Letton S20 (amazon $40 gaming mouse) and have never had this happen to me. I tried for over an hour to produce the bug and couldn't. I'd be curious to know what mice each of you are using and if it was happening on a specific map
    Steve / 31Bravo
    Army Veteran
    NREMT-Paramedic
    I wonder if it has to do with hi-res gaming mice where maybe the polling is fitting outside the params of the game code.

I have a G700s Logitech polling at 1000hz with external (Windows) DPI of 800 and in-game sensitivity of 7.50 .

BOTH of my G700 mice have done the 1-shot glitch when FIRE is held down.

(Please note there is ANOTHER 1-bullet bug related to reloads where you only have one bullet in the chamber after a reload. That is a separate bug.)
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • UltraInstinctSaiyanUltraInstinctSaiyan Posts: 8Player
    I had it sometimes playing on laptop with same mouse as I do now, but since I switched to new PC I did not experience it even once.
  • GunR|SapperCowboyGunR|SapperCowboy Posts: 10Player
    I am positive you mouse has an influence on this.

how so
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    I have had this too, many times, btw. When it started happening several years ago, I thought it was just a bad mouse fire button, so I subbed in my backup mouse. Same issue happened.

It happens on full auto-capable weapons like the M4 and 249 when you hold the fire button down and expect more than one bullet. You have to let off to reset whatever is happening, but in the heat of the moment you don't want to let off. It's a tough bug to figure out.

Now...I have had issues where slapping my mouse around on the mousepad or spinning the mousewheel too hard on reload has accidentally switched me to single fire. That's obviously a separate issue, but one we have to watch for. (Video!!)

While in a gun fight, it's hard to realize you're not firing sometimes, due to the sounds from your opponent. Also, without some kind of mouse button sensor it's impossible to prove we were actually hitting the button. :(

Lots of us would LOVE to squash this bug!!

Im using a logitech gpro mouse, been using it for about a few months but I still got the glitch with my old mouse
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 688Administrator
    As you can see with time gaming mice for pc are cheaper and more players have them. But what makes a mouse a good gaming mouse?

USB- Comp gamers do not use wireless mouse because of the slight delay in your connection from PC to mouse back to PC. Pros do not use wireless.

Mouse pad- The larger the better for smooth fast responses without having to list.

Drag- Laser or ball. Laser is much better as long as you are cleaning the bottom of the mouse. Fast response and no dry dust balling where you have to stoke harder.

Extra keys- 2- 14 extra keys on the mouse that you can bind functions to. This restricts having to move you hand out on keys for faster game responses.

Light clicks- No more need to pound on your left and right mouse clicks. The Clicks have been slimmed so you only need half the pressure needed to make start your actions with firing your weapon. However that also means that if you ease the slightest of the click it will interrupt (stop) the function. There is less effort needed. This is what I was talking about. Some of the time I slightly lift off my mouse key because my finger crunches backward. This eases the pressure and will give me the 1 shot fire. I only noticed it for myself because I have had the 1 shot fire happed 2 to 4 times at a time. So I was paying attention and discovered that this was the reason that I have a 1 shot fire problem.

• -=B@NNi=-Corsair35-=B@NNi=-Corsair35 Posts: 4Player
    It's happened to me before, too. It's rare but it's annoying, I admit!
  • GunR|Elivat3GunR|Elivat3 Posts: 10Player
    edited April 11
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    Yes, reproduction steps please. I get that it's mysterious. That's what makes recording your conditions even more critical. If you record a video, include one minute prior to the issue, not a video that begins when you held left-click. Please and thanks! :awesome:

Can you clarify with reproduction steps? I am not understanding how the video did not showcase the problem. It is literally holding mb1 and the gun firing one bullet. Then having to lift off mb1 and press mb1 again to start firing multiple rounds. Clearly he wasnt trying to fire a single bullet at the enemy, so if you could clarify the steps for us to take to help recreate the problem that would be helpful from the developers. We have shown you a video of the problem, what else do we need to do to help you solve the problem.
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 520Beta Tester
    edited April 11
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    Yes, reproduction steps please. I get that it's mysterious. That's what makes recording your conditions even more critical. If you record a video, include one minute prior to the issue, not a video that begins when you held left-click. Please and thanks! :awesome:

Can you clarify with reproduction steps? I am not understanding how the video did not showcase the problem. It is literally holding mb1 and the gun firing one bullet. Then having to lift off mb1 and press mb1 again to start firing multiple rounds. Clearly he wasnt trying to fire a single bullet at the enemy, so if you could clarify the steps for us to take to help recreate the problem that would be helpful from the developers. We have shown you a video of the problem, what else do we need to do to help you solve the problem.

More videos.

Repro steps are the exact steps, which provide a (mostly) reliable way of recreating the issue. Your description is too generic. The vast majority of the time pressing mouse1 with a full auto gun will result in many bullets being fired as long as you hold it down. So this won't help narrowing down the cause of the issue, it only documents the problem and proves that it exists. What we need to figure out, is what other conditions/actions/etc are needed to recreate the bug in a reliable way.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
    It's not clicking the button and getting one bullet that we're trying to figure out. It's WHY. That is how you fix it - finding the 'why.'

The reason we haven't been able to nail it down and squash the bug is because it seems totally random and the chance of finding what SPECIFICALLY needs to be changed is next to impossible without unlimited billable hours, and even then there's no guarantee. So now you, like us beta testers, are looking for the necessary 'reproduction steps' so the Devs know where to look in the code.
    ______

I always get it after a slide not sure if this helps.

I don't EVER slide because I decided the sound was too loud. I still get the One Bullet Bug. So now the question is - what is similar in each of our cases? An input buffer? A player state or state transition? Etc.

I actually want a way to parse the data stream for testing - what keys, what mouse input, etc - similar to WireShark, so I can see the data when it happens, but....I don't have the skills AND I bet PB wouldn't like it. (and I bet it would cause lag to have it between all the systems)
    ______

• UltraInstinctSaiyanUltraInstinctSaiyan Posts: 8Player
    Looks like it is happening, but so rare that I didn't notice on new PC. It happened once, playing on Bridge map, just after climbing from catwalk to start shooting at enemies, and then while having full round it just clicked once instead of firing at full and I died. :surprised:
    Its honestly just random, its gonna be the hardest glitch to fix, I've ran into so many different situations where it happens
    ^^ Exactly. It's really annoying, too. I wish we could figure it out. There have been lots of bugs like this where we know about it, but Dev time can't be committed to looking for that 'needle in a haystack.' Knowing where to start is SO important with bug squashing! :s
    ______

• L0rdDamianL0rdDamian Posts: 713Player
    edited April 17
    Only happens to me when I'm holding to many buttons, for example in a situation where I'm moving and shooting but have W, S, X and left and right mouse button in at the same time.. Game seems not to like that very much.