PC 1 Bullet Glitch

GunR|SapperCowboyGunR|SapperCowboy Posts: 10Player
edited April 1 in Game Support
How many people get this? Where your gun is on automatic but it only shoots one bullet as if it's on single fire. I know a lot of people get it, but this post needs to attract the devs so they can fix it

Happens to me all the time, feel like its random. I do move around a lot so all the key pressing could trigger it..

Here's a video

Comments

• bkg.dorkybkg.dorky Posts: 1Player
    Agreed.
  • all the time just now even woulda had a 3 piece if not for that [TOS Violation]
  • GunR|FrAnt!kGunR|FrAnt!k Posts: 1Player
    Happens quite a bit seems random too
  • I'd say this happens at least once every 2 hours of game play for me
  • GunR|LucerusGunR|Lucerus Posts: 2Player
    Quite a bit actually
  • -vR|BeasT-vR|BeasT Posts: 2Player
    yeah, you got to fix it
  • -[U|S|A]-Jugs-M|K--[U|S|A]-Jugs-M|K- Posts: 1Player
    Happens to me often. Would like a fix if possible!
  • GunR|Elivat3GunR|Elivat3 Posts: 10Player
    I have had this happen all the time
  • [BR]-Monooxide[BR]-Monooxide Posts: 2Player
    Happens to me but seems to be on initial server join (like first map)? Not sure if it happens after multiple games.
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,605Beta Tester
    "This post needs to attract the Devs so they can fix it."

Unfortunately, not only is that not how this works, but...it's a long term known bug and we (the beta team, etc) haven't been able to figure out how to reproduce it. Without that, it's almost impossible in such a huge code base to know where to look.

So...if ANYONE has some idea of the exact steps to make this happen, there are people very interested in hearing about it.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • GunR|DrerexGunR|Drerex Posts: 65Player
    I have seen this here and there.
    Untitled_zpsqiypm7mn.png

• -=[M]=-Chaos-=[M]=-Chaos Posts: 1Player
    Has happened to me many times. Always when it is least convenient.
  • -[U|S|A]-Gorilla-[U|S|A]-Gorilla Posts: 707Administrator
    I have had this happen a bunch of time to me. I started to pay attention to what I was doing more and more. I use a razor naga mouse which is a PC gaming mouse with 19 functions. So from my experience when I get caught up in the game I hold to far back on the click of my left mouse key 1. the left and right gaming mouse are slanted buttons so you don't have to push so intensely as a regular mouse would. But if I do hit the fire key and my finger is pulled back to far the pressure is lifted because it was not a deep enough click. Thus is the only reason I get the 1 fire or small burst on auto.
  • FlatlanderFlatlander Posts: 630Player
    I have had this happen a bunch of time to me. I started to pay attention to what I was doing more and more. I use a razor naga mouse which is a PC gaming mouse with 19 functions. So from my experience when I get caught up in the game I hold to far back on the click of my left mouse key 1. the left and right gaming mouse are slanted buttons so you don't have to push so intensely as a regular mouse would. But if I do hit the fire key and my finger is pulled back to far the pressure is lifted because it was not a deep enough click. Thus is the only reason I get the 1 fire or small burst on auto.

Was always joking around "click harder" if someone had trouble to hit, seems to be a real thing :D
    AAPG is good!
  • Dct.F|LeventeDct.F|Levente Posts: 549Beta Tester
    I heard about this, I don't get this bug. If you want a chance to get it fixed, post videos of it. As many as you can.

What is needed to fix a bug is to find the cause. For that, we need reproduction steps. To figure out those, we need some sort of starting point. This doesn't mean 1 video (we already have that from an other thread), but many, because this bug is quite mysterious so far.

Of course, videos won't guarantee that we can figure out the bug, but with videos we at least have a chance.
    Theory and reality are not that different. In theory.
  • frankoffrankof Posts: 1,016Moderator
    Never seen it, except the times i interrupted the reload and are stuck with the one round in the chamber, but that's a user error.
    ss_4_frankof.png
  • *G.O.A.T*NINJA.*G.O.A.T*NINJA. Posts: 1Player
    Happens to me often
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 61Developer
    Yes, reproduction steps please. I get that it's mysterious. That's what makes recording your conditions even more critical. If you record a video, include one minute prior to the issue, not a video that begins when you held left-click. Please and thanks! :awesome:
  • GunR|SapperCowboyGunR|SapperCowboy Posts: 10Player
    V_NillaJ wrote: »
    Yes, reproduction steps please. I get that it's mysterious. That's what makes recording your conditions even more critical. If you record a video, include one minute prior to the issue, not a video that begins when you held left-click. Please and thanks! :awesome:

Yeah as a dev you're not supposed to throw shade, but I will upload to youtube this time since discord doesn't let me upload big files
  • V_NillaJV_NillaJ Posts: 61Developer
    I think you're confused? No one is throwing anything... But I'll go back and read my Dev Handbook again, can you point me to the page?