Server Map Rotations

T.AshbyT.Ashby Posts: 20Player
edited March 14 in Server Support
The GO PDX1 server in particular is basically broken rotation-wise. It cycles through about 5 maps, and there is no option to vote a new map, I don't know why. You're basically stuck in a very short loop if that's the server being played. Also, as was mentioned before, it would be nice if at least one server had matches of 15 rounds again.

Comments

• Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,594Beta Tester
    What are the maps in the rotation? If they are the Great Outdoors maps, then that makes sense not to have voting for other maps, since "GO" stands for Great Outdoors. (Please remember OTHER community members keep asking for a GO server, so... you can't please everyone!!)

If, however, it's stuck on Uptown, Slums, Hospital...etc...then it's probably not right.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • }{Gorilla}{}{Gorilla}{ Posts: 689Administrator
    Keebler750 wrote: »
    What are the maps in the rotation? If they are the Great Outdoors maps, then that makes sense not to have voting for other maps, since "GO" stands for Great Outdoors. (Please remember OTHER community members keep asking for a GO server, so... you can't please everyone!!)

If, however, it's stuck on Uptown, Slums, Hospital...etc...then it's probably not right.

You can adjust the maps in vote so that they are only GO maps. :D
  • OmnishieldOmnishield Posts: 5Player

What about those of us who only get a decent ping on the PDX server which happens to be a "GO" server? If you leave the GO maps as the primary rotation, but allow users to vote any map, the majority of the time the GO maps will be played (also any time a vote is not started a GO map will be played). But shouldn't the people on the server be able to vote for the map they would like to play?
    I can't speak for the server admins, but you've got one group expecting to get Great Outdoors servers, and you got people wanting coverage. I'm sure it's tough to keep everyone happy.

:shrug:

How would you deal with someone wanting to play GO maps, and the server being taken over by west coast Inner Hospital junkies?

Can't do both at once.
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • T.AshbyT.Ashby Posts: 20Player
    edited March 15
    Well now I'm not sure it's actually the GO server, it might be the other one, because the maps include coldfront and sandstorm, I don't actually remember if those are part of the GO component.
    That sounds right. Anything NOT Inner. :p
    ______

• T.AshbyT.Ashby Posts: 20Player
    I'm fine with that. :) I guess I would just advocate that Intercept and Slums should be added if Insurgent and Coldfront are on it, and those maps definitely never come up. ;)