AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

14950515355

Comments

  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    New year, new AA?

    I was planning on waiting until April to harass Hollywood for a first quarter update :p
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 399Player
    New year, new AA?

    I was planning on waiting until April to harass Hollywood for a first quarter update :p

    New AA update though right and not AAPG update?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    New year, new AA?

    I was planning on waiting until April to harass Hollywood for a first quarter update :p

    New AA update though right and not AAPG update?

    Yeah, figured I don't want to bother them too much. Then they'll just get annoyed by those forum guys that keep pestering them for information on AAV.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    New year, new AA?

    I was planning on waiting until April to harass Hollywood for a first quarter update :p

    lol

    We just had good ballistics discussions this week, things are definitely moving.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 399Player
    :)
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player
    2019 vision should be shifting 70% of team resources across to AA5 development. Then the remaining 30% focus on trickling out bug/performance fixes for AA4.
    35d2uec.png
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    2019 vision should be shifting 70% of team resources across to AA5 development. Then the remaining 30% focus on trickling out bug/performance fixes for AA4.

    That's about where we're at
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    I will say I'm SOOOO impressed you finally listened to player advice, Hollywood!!!!

    : wink :
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 399Player
    That's a dig at the forum community you could have shared privately keebler...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    "You're not my real dad!!!!!!!!!!"

    :p

    What do you want me to do? Ignore the ridiculosity of it all?
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 281Player
    2019 vision should be shifting 70% of team resources across to AA5 development. Then the remaining 30% focus on trickling out bug/performance fixes for AA4.

    That's about where we're at

    Does that imply we're likely to see some sort of "private" beta testing coming out in late 2019?
    Derob6.jpg
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    Do you mean will us Betas start seeing sneak peaks by then? ....I can neither confirm nor deny that implication....
    ______

    This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • doogle!doogle! Posts: 629Player
    That's a dig at the forum community you could have shared privately keebler...

    He doesn't care. Check his comment history.

    I had a dream AA5 was released this July. And it was huge for the console.
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 399Player
    doogle! wrote: »
    He doesn't care. Check his comment history.

    Correct. It's the implication and reading of the message he's sent that bothers me. For regulars it's whatever, we have thick enough skin. It's the message that any new face might read out of its context. He can lead that drive however he chooses, but should remember that it reflects the game and the devs with the tags he's holding.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    Koden wrote: »
    Does that imply we're likely to see some sort of "private" beta testing coming out in late 2019?

    I really don't know and can't even begin to guess.

    I will say everyone here feels the game has to be released in two years or less because they're scared of the political situation/winds shifting.
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    Koden wrote: »
    Does that imply we're likely to see some sort of "private" beta testing coming out in late 2019?

    I really don't know and can't even begin to guess.

    I will say everyone here feels the game has to be released in two years or less because they're scared of the political situation/winds shifting.

    I'm cool with that, but unless something drastic happens, you guys will have til 2024 :wink:
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    edited February 10
    BTW, I know using people's likenesses can be a bit of a tricky subject, but I think it would be kind of cool to unlock Army Heroes to play as in game. Can be from all sorts of different eras, maybe they have their own specialized weapon to use. A little biography video about the guy when you unlock them. For example, rolling out as Adelbert Waldron with a M21/M14 and a Vietnam era uniform or something.

    EDIT to put someone who was actually Army :)... and of course Waldron seems to be a bit of controversial figure as to the veracity of his kill count & exploits, but anyway.
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player
    I will say everyone here feels the game has to be released in two years or less because they're scared of the political situation/winds shifting.

    AA3 v2.0 by sounds of it... "Here is a half baked broken game with potential for you to play, also goodbye...".
    35d2uec.png
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 399Player
    Haha. I read it similarly. It has to come out in 2 years... It will be 6-9 months for us to acquire the talent necessary, and that leaves us with about a year to develop a great game. Face palm.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Hm... interesting read.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.
Sign In or Register to comment.