AA5 Discussion Thread (Renamed)

Comments

• ={101st}=Whiplash27={101st}=Whiplash27 Posts: 2,055Player
    New year, new AA?

I was planning on waiting until April to harass Hollywood for a first quarter update :p
    You joined the world's greatest army to become a graphic artist? Outstanding!
  • .!.dgodfather.!.dgodfather Posts: 399Player
    New year, new AA?

I was planning on waiting until April to harass Hollywood for a first quarter update :p

New AA update though right and not AAPG update?
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    New year, new AA?

New AA update though right and not AAPG update?

Yeah, figured I don't want to bother them too much. Then they'll just get annoyed by those forum guys that keep pestering them for information on AAV.
  • aaHollywoodaaHollywood Posts: 372Developer
    New year, new AA?

lol

We just had good ballistics discussions this week, things are definitely moving.
    :)
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player
    2019 vision should be shifting 70% of team resources across to AA5 development. Then the remaining 30% focus on trickling out bug/performance fixes for AA4.
    35d2uec.png
    2019 vision should be shifting 70% of team resources across to AA5 development. Then the remaining 30% focus on trickling out bug/performance fixes for AA4.

That's about where we're at
  • Keebler750Keebler750 Posts: 3,499Beta Tester
    I will say I'm SOOOO impressed you finally listened to player advice, Hollywood!!!!

: wink :
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
    That's a dig at the forum community you could have shared privately keebler...
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    "You're not my real dad!!!!!!!!!!"

:p

What do you want me to do? Ignore the ridiculosity of it all?
    ______

This has been a test of the emergency flame-fest system. Please do not adjust your set.
  • KodenKoden Posts: 281Player

That's about where we're at

Does that imply we're likely to see some sort of "private" beta testing coming out in late 2019?
    Derob6.jpg
    Do you mean will us Betas start seeing sneak peaks by then? ....I can neither confirm nor deny that implication....
    ______

• doogle!doogle! Posts: 629Player
    That's a dig at the forum community you could have shared privately keebler...

He doesn't care. Check his comment history.

I had a dream AA5 was released this July. And it was huge for the console.
    doogle! wrote: »
    He doesn't care. Check his comment history.

Correct. It's the implication and reading of the message he's sent that bothers me. For regulars it's whatever, we have thick enough skin. It's the message that any new face might read out of its context. He can lead that drive however he chooses, but should remember that it reflects the game and the devs with the tags he's holding.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
    Koden wrote: »
    Does that imply we're likely to see some sort of "private" beta testing coming out in late 2019?

I really don't know and can't even begin to guess.

I will say everyone here feels the game has to be released in two years or less because they're scared of the political situation/winds shifting.
    Koden wrote: »

I really don't know and can't even begin to guess.

I will say everyone here feels the game has to be released in two years or less because they're scared of the political situation/winds shifting.

I'm cool with that, but unless something drastic happens, you guys will have til 2024 :wink:
    edited February 10
    BTW, I know using people's likenesses can be a bit of a tricky subject, but I think it would be kind of cool to unlock Army Heroes to play as in game. Can be from all sorts of different eras, maybe they have their own specialized weapon to use. A little biography video about the guy when you unlock them. For example, rolling out as Adelbert Waldron with a M21/M14 and a Vietnam era uniform or something.

EDIT to put someone who was actually Army :)... and of course Waldron seems to be a bit of controversial figure as to the veracity of his kill count & exploits, but anyway.
  • RollingInTheHurtRollingInTheHurt Posts: 178Player

AA3 v2.0 by sounds of it... "Here is a half baked broken game with potential for you to play, also goodbye...".
    35d2uec.png
    Haha. I read it similarly. It has to come out in 2 years... It will be 6-9 months for us to acquire the talent necessary, and that leaves us with about a year to develop a great game. Face palm.
    Fragweiser Website
    Make AA Great Again!
  • iNv|roKis-iNv|roKis- Posts: 420Player
    Hm... interesting read.
    Bhop is a string of jumps with no interruptions.